3) Faulty AC condenser switch
4) Non working upper-dipper function of the headlight stalk
5) Timing kit making noise

Following work has been asked to be carried out-
1) Replace all 3 engine mounts
2) Fuel pump service along with injector service
3) Replace headlight stalk
4) Replace AC condenser switch

While inspecting the vehicle, the Service Advisor suggested that we get the Fuel pump serviced & mounts changed. the NVH will reduce considerably. Only if the issue is not solved, we may consider replacing the timing kit as it is quite expensive at Rs. 18,000.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

All the above work has been done at the A.S.S, improvements are quite noticeable.

the engine revs freely now unlike earlier & also vibrations are non-existent. but the engine noise is still high & so we are thinking to get the timing kit replaced too.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:32   #49
BHPian

Raj,

How much did u spend out for the service, I am also planning to change the engine mounts of my 2005 Scorpio Non CRDe. How much it will cost and how long it will take to change. My current problem is that shuddering is present in the low RPM and it will go and again it is present at say around 1800 - 2000 RPM. then again smooth above the said limit. but the Steering vibration starts beyond that.
Old 18th March 2010, 20:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

it will take a day by the A.S.S to change the engine mounts & cost around 3000 (approx) to change all the mounts.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:05   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
My 2005 non-crde 2.6 GLX has completed 2.26 lakh kms today. Going strong.
Well, lots of long term Scorpio owners with praises for their vehicles. Gives confidence for prospective buyers like me to make the plunge.

OT: The pre refresh black scorpio somehow looks classier than all scorpios ever in my opnion.
Old 25th March 2010, 19:07   #52
BHPian

Hi Raj,

That's a fantastic ownership with odo clocking at this big number. A vehicle that keeps running with only periodic maintenance is a pleasure to own.

Wishing this macho many more kilometers..
Old 30th April 2010, 10:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

My Scorpio CRDe

Here, i am talking about my scorpio CRDe SLX (not my scorpio Non-CRDe GLX).

Yes, we have a -
2003 Scorpio non-CRDe GLX
2005 Scorpio CRDe SLX
2008 Scorpio mHawk VLX

As i dont have enough pics of the SLX, i thought let me share a brief experience of the SLX in this thread itself.Our SLX was bought as a car for our company usage, that is, to carry directors & staff to various locations. Since ours is a construction company, we needed a robust car which can be easily driven through non-existent roads, can take abuse & wont complain much. those days, a 4x4 was not available & till date, we have never needed it.

Yesterday, the scorpio crossed 1.4L kms & is running perfectly fine. the car is completely stock on the outside & inside except for seat covers. the car is white in colour as my mHawk. the only expenditures we had with the vehicle apart from scheduled services was a tyre change at 80k kms, an AC cooling issue & a suspension noise where the suspension bush had to be changed. the suspension issue can be forgiven as the vehicle travels through a lot of rough roads & it has stood the abuse pretty well. no rattling or squeaking from anywhere.

talking about scheduled services, this car is on the run continuously. there have been times when i have not seen this car for weeks! one day it would be in gujurat & the next week it would be in andhra pradesh & the next week in some other state & so on. there have been many times, where it services have been delayed & postponed because of the absence of mahindra A.S.S in some parts (the car goes to pretty remote areas) & even its periodic maintainence had to be neglected. but it never complained & keeps running.

yes, visibly from outside, the car shows its age. the paint has faded, some nicks & dents here & there, etc. but internally, the car is rock solid. as if it says "i am good for another 2L kms!"

This car shows lesser issues & also rattles less than my new mHawk. we are thinking to get this car replaced. what would be its replacement? you guess right...!
Old 30th April 2010, 12:00   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
.... as the vehicle travels through a lot of rough roads & it has stood the abuse pretty well. no rattling or squeaking from anywhere
Great to know this, Raj, I can say the same for my Scorp too, which is nearing the 1 lakh km mark. The complete lack of rattles and squeaks is one of the important factors which attracted me to this beast, when I was looking at used SUVs 6 months ago. Hoping the rattle free nature holds good for the next 8 to 10 years (yes, I do intend keeping the beast that long!)
Old 4th May 2010, 16:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Well, again talking about the Hero of this thread- my old 2003 model non-Crde scorpio! i had mentioned in this thread that it was facing a few issues like sluggish pick up & lots of vibrations. i had also mentioned that the engine foundations have been changed & the fuel pump has been serviced. all this was done at the mahindra A.S.S in kerela.

well, it has worked wonders. the car is back to its 'heroism' now! the acceleration has improved tremendously & vibrations are non-existent now! the car cleanly pulls from 40kmph in 5th gear now, without any hesitation. earlier, for any acceleration from 40kmph, you needed to downshift to 3rd! i am happy that the car is back to its springy enthusiastic character. sometimes, i feel that this oldie is more enjoyable to drive than my mHawk!

few other things worth mentioning-
1) the paint quality is top notch. the car has not been repainted/polished/waxed/teflon coated but the silver paint still shines like a mirror. this is inspite of the abuse & dusty/dirty conditions it has lived in.
2) the yokohama geloanders are superb. great grip, good steering feedback & built tough!
3) no rust visible anywhere in the body except the third row window frame where water gets accumulated.
4) this oldie is built tougher than the new breed of scorpios. no rattling/squeaking from anywhere inspite of being abused, thrown around in potholes & been driven on non-existent roads.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:08   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Well, again talking about the Hero of this thread- my old 2003 model non-Crde scorpio! i had mentioned in this thread that it was facing a few issues like sluggish pick up & lots of vibrations. i had also mentioned that the engine foundations have been changed & the fuel pump has been serviced. all this was done at the mahindra A.S.S in kerela.

well, it has worked wonders. the car is back to its 'heroism' now! the acceleration has improved tremendously & vibrations are non-existent now! the car cleanly pulls from 40kmph in 5th gear now, without any hesitation. earlier, for any acceleration from 40kmph, you needed to downshift to 3rd! i am happy that the car is back to its springy enthusiastic character. sometimes, i feel that this oldie is more enjoyable to drive than my mHawk!

few other things worth mentioning-
1) the paint quality is top notch. the car has not been repainted/polished/waxed/teflon coated but the silver paint still shines like a mirror. this is inspite of the abuse & dusty/dirty conditions it has lived in.
2) the yokohama geloanders are superb. great grip, good steering feedback & built tough!
3) no rust visible anywhere in the body except the third row window frame where water gets accumulated.
4) this oldie is built tougher than the new breed of scorpios. no rattling/squeaking from anywhere inspite of being abused, thrown around in potholes & been driven on non-existent roads.
Good to hear this. I have always liked the good ol' scorpios more than the new ones. May be because the increased price doesn't do justice, my views though. Please post some pics of her man, if you can. Scorpio was the first diesel that I drove in my life. And it was good.
Old 4th May 2010, 23:02   #57
BHPian

wow !

Raj - Its great to see all scorpios being put to their paces. The reliability of Scorpio is undoubtedly to vouch for.
Also from the pics it seems that the paint quality in the first generation scorpio was top notch. Mine is a 2006 CRDe one and the paint actually sucks. It has already started cracking near the fuel outlet.

how do you compare the rattling/squeaking in your 3 scorpios?
Old 4th May 2010, 23:32   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Good to hear this. I have always liked the good ol' scorpios more than the new ones. May be because the increased price doesn't do justice, my views though. Please post some pics of her man, if you can. Scorpio was the first diesel that I drove in my life. And it was good.
I mean some latest pics; I have seen the ones posted on 1st page.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

@ smats: i feel paint quality of all the scorpios are better than the innova. they have a good gloss & wont get scratched easily.

the cracking you are talking about maybe a defect or a quality issue as i have had no such issues.

comparing the rattling & squeaking, i have had no such issues with my older scorpios, that is the non-CRDe & the CRDe. they are the ultimate in toughness. though my mHawk has been subjected to utmost care & love, this one has its driver's door always squeaking. also, after a certain period, the rear seat starts rattling on rough roads, so it needs tightening.

though i must admit, after my repeated complaints, the A.S.S has replaced all the bolts of the driver's door & now it has stopped squeaking but the rear seat rattling still persists. so on overall toughness, i would rate the mHawk a notch lower than the previous versions.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
comparing the rattling & squeaking, i have had no such issues with my older scorpios, that is the non-CRDe & the CRDe. they are the ultimate in toughness. though my mHawk has been subjected to utmost care & love, this one has its driver's door always squeaking. also, after a certain period, the rear seat starts rattling on rough roads, so it needs tightening.
Are all your scorpios of 7 seater configuration or the 8 seater one? As per the A.S.S here the rattling of seats in an 8 seater is a permanent feature and they cannot do anything about it. The rattling is a lot less less, almost non existent in the 7 seater scorpios as per them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks