Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 08:33   #16
BHPian

30,000 KM update

Till now done almost 25K KM. In this service no major on-demand replies. Only the remote issue which I was mentioning earlier only. It got rectified now.

Reached the service station at 9:15, Fortune Ford SanathNangar service centre, as usual the service centre was crowded by that time. But this time the service advisor came to me immediately and opened the Job card. They have closed down one of the service centres for renovation inorder to welcome Figo . So here the rush was more. My car taken to the garage by 12:30 only. Got the car back by 8:00 PM.

The cost sheet is given below.

Oile filter -- 312.20
Diesel Filter -- 911.98
Wiper blades -- 360.78
Engine Oil -- 771.56

They haven't mentioned the wheel balancing and alignment charges on the bill as I am on TMP. (And labour charges also)

My total bill is zero
Old 11th January 2010, 10:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Still Zero Bill - thats looking nice!
How much you paid for the maintenance plan? Is this besides their usual warranty plan?
Old 11th January 2010, 11:54   #18
BHPian

Yes warranty and TMP are different. I took the 3 year/45 K plan and it costed me around 30 K. for 2 years it is cheaper I think it is lesser than 10K. i am not sure about the amount. But I think for 2 years it is ok to go for it. When you take the TMP you don't need to go for the extended warranty for 3rd year. Once you complete 3 year you need to take it for forth year.

When I was having Fusion I took TMP and that was value for Money. That is the reason I took TMP for this also. Still 1.5 years to go right. So cannot comment now whether it is value for money or not. But my gut feeling is that it will not be a VFM option for 3 years.
Old 11th January 2010, 12:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

you paid 30k for 3year TMP- Is this in addition to 2 years or 100k kms warranty given by FORD?EW comes around Rs.4500 per year, which you need not to take because you have the TMP for 3 years. What about 4th year onwards?Seems little expensive unless one has to incurr heavy expenditure like spare parts replacements etc?
Old 12th January 2010, 11:17   #20
BHPian

This 3 years is from the day we purchased the car. For 4th year I need to go for EW. Now I could save the consumables and labour charges for this service through TMP. If I can cover another 30K in the next 1.5 years then its VFM. But I doubt this may not happen as the spare parts prices came down drastically in the last couple of years.

For example for my fusion the rear wiper blade was costing ariound 500 and front wiper blade each was costing around 350, where as now for the fiesta the each front wiper blade is 180 only
Old 12th January 2010, 12:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

wow,thats a nice price reduction.
This may be the reason, my dealer did not mention anything about TMP and only
recommended to go for 3rd and 4th EW which I have taken.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:46   #22
BHPian

Earlier also, the dealers were not promoting TMP, because the documentation that requires to get the money from Ford is tedious. (The info I got from the service guys). I think now also if you opt for the 2 year TMP plan that would be Ok. (It may not result as a loss transaction, but may not be real value for money)
Old 13th January 2010, 15:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yes, you are correct.
Now with the availability of 3rd and 4th EW (upto 150,000kms or 4 year warranty), this TMP may not be necessary and looks bit expensive too?
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:29   #24
BHPian

[COLOR=black]I had taken the 2 yrs/30,000 Kms TMP plan while buying the car from Fortune ford in 2008. I had to pay around 11,000... now that my TMp is getting over this month end, I am going for the Extended Warranty for the 3rd year(costing 4500/-)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Except for the regular servicing, I haven’t utilized the TMP much. TMP cover all the scheduled and non-scheduled maintenances[/COLOR]

ANUMOD: Even I had taken the car on the same day to the same Fortune Ford workshop there we could have met there (My Fiesta sports TBHP stickers on the bumper)
Old 28th January 2010, 00:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
HI Rajesh and Nair, will post the pictures soon. The pictures are on my other computer will get it and post.

rajesh wanted to hear from you how your Santro is doing. I have been hearing lot of complaionts from Hyundai cars once it is getting aged. If you have any thread can you please point to me or share your experiences.
Anumod, sorry for late reply, last month I sold my Santro to my neighbour (with heavy heart, as my family was emotionally attached to Santro) as I am the only who drives car, my wife don't drive and she don't want to learn, I have never faced any major issue with my Santro (84000 kms, 3yrs 10months) but their service cost has gone up, my last bill was Rs.3200/-
Old 28th January 2010, 13:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Anumod, sorry for late reply, last month I sold my Santro to my neighbour (with heavy heart, as my family was emotionally attached to Santro) as I am the only who drives car, my wife don't drive and she don't want to learn, I have never faced any major issue with my Santro (84000 kms, 3yrs 10months) but their service cost has gone up, my last bill was Rs.3200/-
Hi Rajesh,

I am very glad to hear that you were not having any issues with Santro evena fter 4 years that too with a good amount of odo reading. Normally the reliability of Hyundai cars goes down (especially after 4 years or even before if the Odo ticks more). This is what I heard from my friends and relatives.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hi Rajesh,

I am very glad to hear that you were not having any issues with Santro evena fter 4 years that too with a good amount of odo reading. Normally the reliability of Hyundai cars goes down (especially after 4 years or even before if the Odo ticks more). This is what I heard from my friends and relatives.
Anumod, I found Santro one of the most reliable car, I have driven her on all types of terrain but not a single rattle, no break down except once I was unable to avoid the dog on highway (@speed of 100 kmph) which lead to breakage of condensor.
Now it is with my neighbour but his running is very low just 500 kms per month, lets see how she behaves.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

@rajeshvin,

Same feeling here too. I sold my 4 yrs old Santro to one of my office colleague who sits two desks away from where I sit. So I get to see my old Santro everyday in the parking area and keep hearing from my colleague about the performance on almost daily basis. Even he is getting a mileage of 16-17 kmpl which I used to get when I was driving it. Its a win-win for both of us.
The only difference is my colleagues monthly usage is much more than mine as against your case.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@rajeshvin,

Same feeling here too. I sold my 4 yrs old Santro to one of my office colleague who sits two desks away from where I sit. So I get to see my old Santro everyday in the parking area and keep hearing from my colleague about the performance on almost daily basis. Even he is getting a mileage of 16-17 kmpl which I used to get when I was driving it. Its a win-win for both of us.
The only difference is my colleagues monthly usage is much more than mine as against your case.
Ghodlur, thanks for sharing sentiments, it is good to see our old car everyday but in my case it became pain too, my daughter (8 yrs old) was crying whole day when I handover the car to my neighbour, even she told me to give them Fiesta and take back our Santro,

Anumod, sorry for OT.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:23   #30
BHPian

When I was driving through the ORR, I could able to touch 140 without any effort. earlier after 120 I was feeling the lack of power. By seeing this for one time I tried a couple of times and every time I was feeling difficulty to go above 140 only. Did anybody see this once you use the TDCi motor for some time.?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks