Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 11:57   #1
BHPian

Ownership Report -- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi : Update, 5 years & 1,00,000kms

Booked the car in the last week of June (SXI, Color is Morello). Took the delivery in the second week of July. On road price was 9.35 (because of 12% Road tax). Opted for accessories Alloy wheels, Rear spoiler, teflon coating, underbody coating, Sun film. Took the car from Fortune ford hyderabad. I have opted for Total maintainance plan also so that I can have peace of mind in terms of maintainance.

They haven't done the sun filming and Spoiler fitting initially. So they have picked up the car for that after a week. But to my bad there were so many air bubbles in one of the rear windows. So I have to send it back. In the second attempt, they done it neatly. (The lack of professionalism is there in all kind of service you get in this City ). WRT spoiler, I noticed after 2 months that the fitmenet of Spoiler is touching boot and paint is going. The reason is that they haven't put any rubber bush or beeding there. I have to get it fixed at the time of first service.

Till the first service I kept the maximum speed upto 60 and the maximum RPM level at 2000. First service was due in 3rd month/ 5000 KM. ( I know now all the engines are coming with pre-ran engines). In these driving styles I was getting an average mileage of 18+ KMPL in the city driving conditions. I haven't gone for any long drive though. Firs service was just check up that's all. I was not satisfied with the quality of teflon they did. So I asked them to do it again and I was ready to pay the money also.

In the 5th month I took it for a long drive. From Hyderabad to Kerala. Putting the summary of the trip log

1.Started from Hyderabad at 5:45 in the morning. The 4 lane laying of the road is in progress so be careful throughout the stretch. It’s better not to exceed 90 KMPH in two lane stretches.
2.Reached Kurnool at 9:00 AM. Took a break after Kurnool for 1 hour and took the breakfast from there.
3.Be careful about the humps near the railway cross after Kurnool. Those speed breakers are like a hill, even SUV’s can’t avoid the damage.
4.Passed Ananthapur by 1:30 PM. After that took a break for Lunch
5.Reached Hebbal by 5:00 PM and took the Outer ring road to Madiwala
6.Reached Madiwala by 6:30. Stayed in Bangalore 614 Km stretch from Hyderabad.
7.Started from Bangalore at 5:45 in the morning
8.Tanked up diesel from Hosur HP pump. The mileage for the stretch was 16.97 KMPL. (With 100% A/C on)
9.Took a break at Salem.
10.Reached Karur by 11:00 AM and had the breakfast from there.
11.Reached Dindigul by 1:30.
12.To take the Dindigul bypass look for signal boards. You need to take a right to take the bypass road.
13.Till Dindigul look for NH7 sign board only (Directions for Madurai, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari)
14.From dindigul bypass take the right turn to Bathalkundu/Kodaikanal road.
15.Cross Sempatti and take the straight road.
16.From Bathalkundu take the Periyakulam road
17.From Periyakulam look for Theni directions
18.From Theni turn to Cumbum/Kumili road
19.Passed Theni by 2:30 Pm and took the Lunch break there.
20.From Kumili take the Kottayam road (NH 220)
21.Reached home by 5:30 Total Km covered was 1193.
22.Mileage for Bangalore Kerala stretch was 21.93 . (With 100% A/C on)

After two weeks we retuned back from Kerala.

When I was in Kerala, i took it to Kairali Ford for routine check-up i had to change a small cup on alloy that cover big nut on the wheel. It costed 25 Rs. The quality of service was excellent.

The day just before I left and "Engine Fialure" lamp just blinked for a minute and I was shocked to see that. When I called the Kairali Ford service centre, they said that it could be because some dust particles in the diesel. Otherwise the light will stay on.

Fog lamps were pretty impressive in the fog days.

One small stone hit my windshield from a Truck going in front and it created a small crack on the windshield and I think I can live with it. A similar one was their on my old car and after 3 years and still it has no issues.

When I come back from the Kerala trip, I gave the car for service. There was no issues. It was a regular one. The qality of service was better than expected.

The next 6 month went fine without any issues. The ride mainly was in city only. The minuium mileage was 14.8 with 100% A/C on.

In July I took it for 1 Year service. The only complaint was A/C switch was loose. I took it to their Sanath nagar service centre. For changing the A/C swich they ahve to remove the complete console including the music system. They were not able to remove, then they took it to their main service centre. Their also they were struggled to remove it. At the end they removed it. But they made some small scratches on the wooden panel. They promised me to change that wooden panel. But till date it was not done.

In the beginning of the write-up I talked about the quality of the teflon. Last week I was totally fed up with the scratches on my car. so i took the car to near by Castroll Pit stop garage. (in my old car after the teflon I could able to rub it off small scratches with the turtle wax I have). The castrol guys did a pretty good job. They ahev a good paint booth also. I have seen their paint job on one Santro and Scorpio and the quality is very good. I decided to take for small jobs there only. They are reasonable also. For the tefflon work they charged me 3000.

Now I am left with one problem. Some times the remote is not working. Seems like either a problen with remote. Need to take it to the showroom. Some times soon.

Till now I have crossed 22K KM. I am pretty much satisfied with the performance and the fuesl efficiency is amazing. The spare parts price are very competitive now. So it is a very pocket friendly car now.

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2009 at 15:34. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid using external font editors and preview the post before submitting. Thanks
Old 29th October 2009, 13:43   #2
BHPian

Fiesta is a very good car and as we all know Ford cars are fun-to-drive. Congrats for the car and your car's 1yr completion. 22K kms means you drive a lot. So you will be enjoyin the drive on this car. Good mileage also. keep us updated on the long term ownership also.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:54   #3
BHPian

Thanks, Rakowli. Will keep you posted. Actually the drive is better in Fusion especially on highways
Old 30th October 2009, 19:23   #4
BHPian

Nice to see a long term Fiesta Tdci review. 22k in a year is good - you are putting the car to maximum use. Do post some pics and write about how the Engine, Gearbox, Braking and other parts feels after a year.
Old 30th October 2009, 23:24   #5
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anumod,

Nice detailed travelogue from Hyderabad to Kerala.

The A/C switch seems to be a design fault. The A/C switch in my Fusion also gave similar problems and i had replaced it under warranty. The new one has also become loose, but works perfectly. Ford replaces the whole set (including the circulator switch).

Happy driving. I have run my Fusion (TDCi engine) for 69 K kms now. No problems as such, except the Alternator belt conking off at 67 K kms.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:48   #6
BHPian

MAS, On My Fuision I changed the A/C switch 2 times in 3 years.

Rajivn, Engine and Gearbox are smooth and there is no issue at all till date. Brakes work perfectly. ABS I think works well on gravel roads and on slippery highways. Bit don't take up the challenge
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:09   #7
BHPian

nice review..!
Only maruti DDis engines are pre-run in .
Iam not sure about the other manufacturers.

Any review is incomplete without pics
Old 11th November 2009, 14:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ anumod

Sorry, I didnt see your post so far.

Nice write up with proper routings etc
What missing here is some photographs!

Remote problem - is it now okay
may be the battery become weak?

anyway, keep reading the posts as number of fiestaians in TBHP are now
increased considerably and you can see many postings daily on various topics.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:50   #9
BHPian

Anumod, good to see long term review on TDCi apart from Unni.ak and Lamborghini long term reviews.
If windshield is broken, please do change it, I know it will cost but you can claim insurance.
How you feel the engine, it is same as when you took delivery or it is on smoother side.
Please do update thread, atleast every 5000 kms interval.

Last edited by rajeshvin : 11th November 2009 at 20:54.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:29   #10
BHPian

HI Rajesh and Nair, will post the pictures soon. The pictures are on my other computer will get it and post.

rajesh wanted to hear from you how your Santro is doing. I have been hearing lot of complaionts from Hyundai cars once it is getting aged. If you have any thread can you please point to me or share your experiences.
Old 28th November 2009, 19:52   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review

hey..thats a nice review. The old days are changing and people are getting crazy about new gen diesel engines Anumod, I would like to see some of the service details for your car! As it has done 22K kms, you would be out of your free services as well. Why dont put up the service cost of the 4th service [20K]. I believe you would have to change all fluids for this service. I could compare with the costs of my swift VDi 4th service too.
Old 28th November 2009, 20:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice review and good to see a Fiesta diesel review after ages. It's mostly been petrols of late. So any plans of increasing the power to 92 BHP and torque to 212 NM?

Nairsaab, one more name to be added to the list.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:44   #13
BHPian

Attaching the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Report -- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi : Update, 5 years & 1,00,000kms-img_0546.jpg  

Ownership Report -- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi : Update, 5 years & 1,00,000kms-img_0578.jpg  

anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2009, 21:03   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
hey..thats a nice review. The old days are changing and people are getting crazy about new gen diesel engines Anumod, I would like to see some of the service details for your car! As it has done 22K kms,
I took the Total maintainance plan for my car. So I haven't paid any thing for service or spare parts as of today. I took TMP for 3 years/45K KM and it costed me 33K.

I have the cost of spares for each service with Me I am listing down it here.

First Service

No cost and no spare parts change.

Second service

(10K KM or 6 months whichever occurs earlier.)
Oil Filter -- 307
Alloy wheel weights - 108
Engine Oil ( 4 L) -- 772

Third Service

(20K KM or 12 months whichever occurs earlier)

Air cleaner -- 225
Oil filter -- 308
Wipers (2 )-- 356
Alloy weight (2) -- 72
Engine Oil (4 L) -- 772

They haven't mentioned about the labour costs in any of the bills.

Apart from these the following items were changed under warranty

A/C console assembly -- 5612
Alloy wheel cap -- 30
Air hose assembly -- 1312

Hey Swiftnfurious can you plese put your service costs as well so that we can have a comparison
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:41   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@ anumod

Sorry, I didnt see your post so far.

Remote problem - is it now okay
may be the battery become weak?

Remote probelm, I need to take it to Service centre. Not gettng time now a days. My fusions remote was working perfectly fine after 3 years. So I think this is something to do with the sensors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks