Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 21:21   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Till the first service I kept the maximum speed upto 60 and the maximum RPM level at 2000. First service was due in 3rd month/ 5000 KM. ( I know now all the engines are coming with pre-ran engines). In these driving styles I was getting an average mileage of 18+ KMPL in the city driving conditions.
Anumod, this was an excellent review.

Overall if you try to summarize, what was the highway mileage during the first 5000 kms and then now?

Also city mileage before 5000 kms and now?
Old 20th April 2010, 13:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Anumod, this was an excellent review.

Overall if you try to summarize, what was the highway mileage during the first 5000 kms and then now?

Also city mileage before 5000 kms and now?
In the intial 5000 Km I never took the car outside the city. The city mileage always remain the same. ranging from 13+ -- 16+. 13+ i get when the hottest summer is there.
Old 14th May 2010, 21:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes warranty and TMP are different. I took the 3 year/45 K plan and it costed me around 30 K. for 2 years it is cheaper I think it is lesser than 10K. i am not sure about the amount. But I think for 2 years it is ok to go for it. When you take the TMP you don't need to go for the extended warranty for 3rd year. Once you complete 3 year you need to take it for forth year.

When I was having Fusion I took TMP and that was value for Money. That is the reason I took TMP for this also. Still 1.5 years to go right. So cannot comment now whether it is value for money or not. But my gut feeling is that it will not be a VFM option for 3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
you paid 30k for 3year TMP- Is this in addition to 2 years or 100k kms warranty given by FORD?EW comes around Rs.4500 per year, which you need not to take because you have the TMP for 3 years. What about 4th year onwards?Seems little expensive unless one has to incurr heavy expenditure like spare parts replacements etc?
Sorry to interrupt

I have two questions:
  1. I have 3 year TPM for my Spark (In GM it is called as CCOO). My observation is - If a customer is under this scheme, they replace parts like Brake shoe etc at the right interval. But if the customer is not under this programme, the dealer tend to replace parts more often and charge more. In my earlier car Matiz, Brake shoe was being replaced in almost every service. But now, it has been replaced only once after 20k kms. Does this happen in Ford also? If we can compare the maintenance cost of a person who is not in TPM, we will know for sure which is more economical way to maintain.
  2. I had Booked a Polo Diesel Highline (8.25L OTR Bangalore) 2 months back. Main reason to book it is the build quality, ride and handling. But even after 2 months, Dealer is not committing about the delivery date (May end was the committed time at the time of booking). Now I am seriously thinking of canceling it and go for Fiesta Tdci - Zxi (9L OTR Bangalore after discount-3rd year warranty and Insurance free). Please give me your feed back on this decision. Also please inform if I can get further discounts.
Old 11th July 2010, 21:34   #34
BHPian

24 Months or 40K Service Update

Took an appointment for this saturday.

The issues I had were
  1. When I fill the diesel tank fully now a days it doesn't show consistant reading on the fuel gauge (It is the mechanical meter not the DTE)
  2. Sometimes when I put in reverse gear, i get a feeling like the clutch is not working properly when I release the clutch slowly. (The whole car wobbles)
I have taken the car to the Towlichowki service centre. This is the first time I am taking the car to the centre after they renovated it. To my surprise, when I reached there, immediately after I reach there, the service advisor attended my car. (My first time expereince in Hyderabad). and to add on to the surpirse package, immediately after the road test they started the work on the car. (Again for the first time )

As I am on TMP, my bill was zero.

But I can list down the prices of the parts that got replaced
  1. Air cleaner -- 240
  2. Oil Filter -- 333.88
  3. Brake Fluid -- 534.21
  4. Front Brake pad set -- 1069.68
  5. Engine oil (4 lit) -- 771.56
  6. Wheel alignment and balancing -- Not listed in the bill
The total satisfaction level was above average. Why my satisfaction level came down was that when I was about to take the delivery of the car, I saw a small scratch on the rear bumper and I was 100% sure that it happened form there. Initially one supervisor resisted to take the responsibility, later another guy agreed that it happened when they took another car out of the garage and they agreed to re-paint it next saturday.

Another bad thin for me is that, they are saying that my rear alloys have a small bend and I need to change it along with the wheel change when I do it. But this is the first time I am hearing that, Alloys also can bend. But anyway it adds another 9k to my budget when I change my tyres.

Regarding the problems I reported, for the fuel gauge issue they said they have to check the diesel tank and it would be done only at the major Workshops (either Sanath nagar/ Abids). So I would be taking my car to Abids service centre next saturday. Regarding the reverse gear issue they were not able to "reproduce" it again and they said that whenever it happens frequently, take the car to service centre.

Ford customers can have a smile on their face becasue every time the quality of their service is increasing.
Old 11th July 2010, 21:37   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Sorry to interrupt

I have two questions:
  1. I have 3 year TPM for my Spark (In GM it is called as CCOO). My observation is - If a customer is under this scheme, they replace parts like Brake shoe etc at the right interval. But if the customer is not under this programme, the dealer tend to replace parts more often and charge more. In my earlier car Matiz, Brake shoe was being replaced in almost every service. But now, it has been replaced only once after 20k kms. Does this happen in Ford also? If we can compare the maintenance cost of a person who is not in TPM, we will know for sure which is more economical way to maintain.
  2. I had Booked a Polo Diesel Highline (8.25L OTR Bangalore) 2 months back. Main reason to book it is the build quality, ride and handling. But even after 2 months, Dealer is not committing about the delivery date (May end was the committed time at the time of booking). Now I am seriously thinking of canceling it and go for Fiesta Tdci - Zxi (9L OTR Bangalore after discount-3rd year warranty and Insurance free). Please give me your feed back on this decision. Also please inform if I can get further discounts.
For the first question, I don't think they have any issues. They change all the spare parts according to the schedule. (All the items to be replaced in each service is listed down in the service centre) and if their any demanded repair also they replace, if it is required.

Hope for the second question, I think you might have already decided
Old 12th July 2010, 08:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Now I am seriously thinking of canceling it and go for Fiesta Tdci - Zxi (9L OTR Bangalore after discount-3rd year warranty and Insurance free). Please give me your feed back on this decision. Also please inform if I can get further discounts.
Chetan, have you booked/bought the Fiesta you were planning? Pls let us know of your experience.

Quote:
Regarding the problems I reported, for the fuel gauge issue they said they have to check the diesel tank and it would be done only at the major Workshops (either Sanath nagar/ Abids). So I would be taking my car to Abids service centre next saturday. Regarding the reverse gear issue they were not able to "reproduce" it again and they said that whenever it happens frequently, take the car to service centre.
Ford customers can have a smile on their face becasue every time the quality of their service is increasing. .
What do you meant by the inconsistent fuel guage reading, was it showing a wrong indication incomparison to the DTE or anything else? How's your DTE performing? Have the service guys confirmed that there is an issue with the fuel guage/sensor? Can you let us know when you visit the service centre next whether there are seperate sensors for Fuel guage & DTE, keep us posted of your experience.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What do you meant by the inconsistent fuel guage reading, was it showing a wrong indication incomparison to the DTE or anything else? How's your DTE performing? Have the service guys confirmed that there is an issue with the fuel guage/sensor? Can you let us know when you visit the service centre next whether there are seperate sensors for Fuel guage & DTE, keep us posted of your experience.
DTE always shows the correct figures, where as in the mechanical gauge sometimes it shows 3/4 and soemtimes full, when you have tank full
Old 12th July 2010, 19:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
DTE always shows the correct figures, where as in the mechanical gauge sometimes it shows 3/4 and soemtimes full, when you have tank full
You have company.

My Figo does that. Certain fillups especially when it is around the 3/4th mark, it remains there even when full.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
You have company.
My Figo does that. Certain fillups especially when it is around the 3/4th mark, it remains there even when full.
This means that there are indeed two seperate level sensors for the mechanical guage and the DTE or am I imagining things.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

You have company.

I am taking the car to Major service centre sometime soon to cehck this issue and will update the thread after that
Old 13th July 2010, 12:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I am taking the car to Major service centre sometime soon to cehck this issue and will update the thread after that
Well, when I took the car today, the guage was showing correctly. I mentioned this during my first service, but the needle was at correct position and so nothing was done. I don't make unnecessary part changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
This means that there are indeed two seperate level sensors for the mechanical guage and the DTE or am I imagining things.
Though anumod feels differently, my DTE depends on the needle position. In fact when it was not at full after fillup, the DTE was showing a lower reading than today. Two sensors highly unlikely!
Old 6th October 2010, 06:14   #42
BHPian

Tips for Hyderabad -- Bangalore Driving

I thought that these tips would be worth spending for others
Good Things
1. Almost all the road is excellent with all the 4 Lane work is done.
2. Almost all the truck drivers have good opposition respect and driving sense and they drive through left lane only, If they are overtaking some other vehicles they will immediately move to the left (Without putting a left indicator
3. Lot many petrol pumps available.

Cautious about these things

Always think it as a single lane road and drive very carefully. Avoid driving through the right Lane. You can see two wheelers, autos, small pick-ups (Like Mahindra) and even some time trucks and buses coming through the right Lane of yours in the wrong direction. Be very very cautious about these things and if you are driving in night you need to be very careful because some of these ones come without light. This Phenomenon you can see till you cross Chikbillapur. In My drive I could count 4 accidents because of this issue. So be vigilant.
Speed Breakers in the highway from Devanahalli (exactly from the Nandi Hills diversion) to Hebbal. These are so big that it can easily touch your underbody. (For cars that have longer wheel base and lower Ground clearance and/or if your car is loaded fully)
Some trucks (If it’s AP one then 90% of them will go through the right Lane only) and almost all the APSRTC buses go through the right Lane. Before overtaking all the vehicles honk well and check whether they are changing lane, then only overtake.
Now coming to the statistics of my driving.

For Hyderabad – Bangalore stretch

Started from BHEL(hyderabad) at 4:35 AM took a 5 minutes break at Kurnool. Crossed Ananthapur around 9:00. Stopped for breakfast break at 9:20 (We found some shade and stopped there as we are carrying the breakfast with us. Don’t know the place name it was 412 KM from BHEL). Spent 40 minutes there. Reached Bangalore Airport Junction at 11:15. From there the traffic was almost on a higher side because on that day the Ayodhya Verdict was coming so people were leaving from Office early. Reached Bennarughatta road (Arekere) at 1:45 PM, Total KM covered 624

Bangalore Hyderabad Stretch

Started from Arekere at 7:20 AM Stopped for Kids’ breakfast at 9:00 (20 minutes break). (This time also we are carrying the food with us). Stopped for elders’ breakfast at 10:30. (35 minutes break). Lunch break was after Kurnool at 1:50 (45 minutes). Reached home (BHEL) 4:25 PM and total KM covered was 622.5

Was a nice trip, next time onwards we decided to start by 4:00 AM from Bangalore also, it saves a lot of time.

And At last have given my car for washing to a guy near Arekere, mindblowing service for just 125 Rs. If anybody wants the details I can share it.

Last edited by anumod : 6th October 2010 at 06:22. Reason: Removed extra formatting tags
Old 24th March 2011, 06:43   #43
BHPian

re: Ownership Report -- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi : Update, 5 years & 1,00,000kms

Done the 30 Months service in the month of Jan. (Sorry for putting the update late).
The only one complaint from my side was the combination switch (The lever which we use for putting the dim-bright of head light and indicator) had become loose. To my surprise the price of the combination switch nose dive. When I changed it for my fusion, it was around 5.5 K. Now the price is just 1.7 K. Surprised

All other things are routine. I gave the car for service at 9:00 AM and got the car back at 12:30. This time I was happy about the service also.

As usual the bill was zero as I am on TMP.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:51   #44
BHPian

The price for indicator (dim & bright) switch quoted on my bill of August 2010 was Rs. 1073. Rs. 700 difference between Bangalore & Hyd or did the spare parts price go up in the last 6 months? Mine was changed under warranty though...
Old 28th March 2011, 18:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
The price for indicator (dim & bright) switch quoted on my bill of August 2010 was Rs. 1073. Rs. 700 difference between Bangalore & Hyd or did the spare parts price go up in the last 6 months? Mine was changed under warranty though...
That was my bad. In fact the bill amount was 1070 (some change) .. thank you for pointing out .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks