Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 18:54   #361
BANNED

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms.

And so it happened.

Hariya is now at 1023000kms and raring to go...!!!

I was to go to the Rann of Kutch, for a second time this year to attend the "All India Meet" organized by DBHPian H V Kumar and decided to drive down.

The fact that I was supposed to carry 1000 arecanut plates and 175 T-Shirts meant that I H-A-D to drive down..!!!

The journey, as always, began at 2200hrs IST on the 25th of December 2013 from home, and ended at Kumar's house at Bombay, where I was to spend the next night, pick up his family and head to Ahmedabad before stopping for the day at Zainabad, at the Little Rann of Kutch.

Hariya was at 98k kms when I left home for Bombay.

The luggage space was full, as was most of the middle row and yet Hariya was his usual sprightly self, cruising along at 120kmph like he was talking a walk at the Rajpath.

Since I had a lot of time, I took the journey to Bombay easy and had a 3 hour nap at the Hubli toll gate, had a leisurely lunch and spent the afternoon with my friend at Pune, and reached Bombay at 2100hrs on the 26th.

We left Bombay at 0430HRS on the 27th and Hariya was now at 99k.

Around 80km from Bombay, on the NH-8, after the Fountain Hotel, he touched the magic figure of 100,000kms...!!! All passengers (4 people in all) clapped and made him feel happy.
I could almost hear him grunting back in gratitude.

Here are a few photos of the occasion.

They are hazy due to the early morning mist, smog and of course, my strong photography skills using the Galaxy S3...!!!

The Kutch trip (All India Meet) was a smooth affair and the odo is now at 102700kms approximately.

He is set for his next service pretty soon.

A few pointers that need to mentioned:

1. Fuel efficiency: 11.3-11.9 at speeds of 110kmph, drops to 10.7 at speeds of 120kmph. This has been his pattern since he was born.

2. No evidence of smoke at all, forget black, white or Eastmancolor...!!

3. No serious rattles, squeaks could be heard over bad patches.

4. The Geolandars continue to do their job very well.

5. After the steering column was replaced at his last service, there was a slight squeak and grinding noise when the steering was turned more than a turn to the left. It has corrected itself now.

6. Would I get a better companion than him?? I doubt it.

Mods: Please change the title of the thread to "Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb."
Attached Thumbnails
Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-hariyas-odo1.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-hariya-nh8-1.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-hariya-nh8.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-hariyas-odo-1lac-km.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th December 2013 at 20:50. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 19:34   #362
BHPian

Re: Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb

Dear Dev,
Congratulations! Wish you many more happy miles with Hariya.

PS - 10 Lakh Kms is what the bold/highlighted part says

~Best,
G2
Old 30th December 2013, 20:03   #363
M35
BHPian

Dear Devdath,

Congrats on the milestone.

Last July, I did a long trip from Kerala to Anand on my Scorpio, the best road trip we ever had, the Ahmedabad Vadodara Expressway being the best stretch. In fact, we took a short break at Thane, went ahead taking right turn at Fountain hotel.

Keep munching more miles and happy & safe motoring.
Old 30th December 2013, 20:27   #364
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Devdath. Very joyous achievement. Wish you many more sixers with Hariya. Nice name.. Aaayyee Hariya kaisan raha bhaiya. Hum Veeru bolat rahe. Veeru is my Safari
Damn I feel bad i missed the AIM. I met HVK just a few days before he left for GJ. Hopefully I will make it to the next one.
Old 30th December 2013, 20:47   #365
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Dear Dev,
Congratulations! Wish you many more happy miles with Hariya.

PS - 10 Lakh Kms is what the bold/highlighted part says
Thank you G2 and yes, I noticed it but before I could edit it, the time had lapsed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Congrats on the milestone.

Last July, I did a long trip from Kerala to Anand on my Scorpio, the best road trip we ever had, the Ahmedabad Vadodara Expressway being the best stretch.
Thank you M35. Yes, the NE-1 (National Expressway-One) as it is called, continues to be the best stretch of road on the NH-8.

In fact, it is very reasonable on toll rates as well. INR 65.00 for 95kms of bliss compared to INR 165.00 for 116km of dips, sudden narrow turns, gradients and zero patrolling on our famed Bombay-Pune Expressway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Hariya kaisan raha bhaiya. Hum Veeru bolat rahe.
"Ab kaa bataiee bhaiya, sasuraa lakh kab hoi gawa, patae nahi chala..!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Damn I feel bad i missed the AIM.
The AIM was fun, if slightly hurried.
The good part was that I had gone to Kutch for a week during Rakhi this year and hence I did not mind driving up and down without much sight seeing.

Thank you for your wishes and have a Great New Year ahead...!!!
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 21:44   #366
BANNED

It was time for Hariya to go for another change of oil since he had traveled 10k kms in less than a couple of months.
Bangalore-Delhi-Bangalore.
Bangalore-Dholavira-Bangalore.

So, it was back to Anant Cars at Bannerghatta road today and since my favorite service advisor Puneet was at their Hulimavu outlet, I drove there at 10:30hrs IST without a prior appointment.
There were not many cars.

The plan was to get the following done:

1. Engine oil and filter replaced.
2. A slight squeak from the steering wheel upon turning left.
3. Cleaning and adjustment of all the brakes.
4. Greasing of both the front wheel bearings.
5. Replace two wheel nuts since their edges were rounded due to bad spanner usage.
6. Propellor shaft greasing.

What was added/suggested were the following:
1. Replace the diesel filter.
2. Lubricate the clutch.
3. Replace the RH rear brake cylinder since it was slightly leaking.

I had okayed all the work to be done and was ambling around on the shop floor near Hariya when a new staff member told me to wait in the customer lounge.

I flatly refused to do so upon which he called the Service Manager for the outlet.

The Service Manager knew me and hence after his usual bit of "Its a policy Saar, if you are here, a lot other customers too will come in" stuff, he let me stay where I wanted to, with Hariya.

In the meantime, work began at 11:00hrs and I observed that the clamp for the coolant bypass hose which was replaced during the last service was not fitted properly and was dangerously close to the radiator fan.

I pointed it out and asked them to turn the clamp so that the distance between the fan and the clamp increases. Upon doing this, the hose developed a leak again and a new hose, two new clips of the screw type instead of the older ones were fitted.

I could have created an issue out of it but let it be.

Now for the interesting part:

I had seen Xado, a Ukranian lubricant Co set up their stall at some auto show at Whitefield and their products looked impressive.

Since Hariya is now a "lakhpati", I decided to give his engine some protection, and accordingly called the Xado phone number that I could pull of the internet.

I was suggested an Engine Flush and and Engine Conditioner.

While I had initially planned to go to their office near Kamakhya Theatre and pick them up, after a few phone calls, they agreed to come over and deliver the goods to me.

It was time for lunch at 1300hrs and I had lunch at the staff canteen and I must say that the food was good.

The work resumed post lunch and I hoped it would get over by 1500hrs after which I wanted to give Hariya a bath at the 3M, HSR layout but I was free only by 1630hrs and Sidhu told me that he was slightly busy and would be able to cater to me only on the 2nd.

Hariya had traveled on the Rann which was extremely salty and hence I decided to get a good under body wash at Anant Cars.

I was finally out at 1830hrs and home by 1915 hrs after enduring some crazy traffic for the New Year.
Oh, that reminds me, "Happy New Year" to all of you...!!!

Now for the $$$ damages:

1. Xado Engine Flush: 700.00.
2. Xado Engine Vitalizer/Additive: 2850.00
3. M&M Spares, Oils & Consumables: 5359.91.
4. M&M Labor Charges: 3376.39.

While M&M labor continues to be expensive, my being with the vehicle today ensured that Hariya actually feels newer, smoother and a lot better than before.
Attached Thumbnails
Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-20131231_125013.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-20131231_125019.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-20131231_125051.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-20131231_125218.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-20131231_125859.jpg  

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb-20131231_135144.jpg  

n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 13:11   #367
BHPian

Hi Devnath,
good details and wish you happily drive Hariya for few more lakh KMs.

I would be more interested to know about Xado stuff, especially when you use at such high mileage vehicle.

If its ok, allow me to share: the fuel filter, the ASC supplied Bosch one is surely costly. I found an alternative (Arrow Heads), with more details at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3274819 and had also linked in the Scorpio Issues thread. Quite some discussion done at GearHeads forum.

Recently I have also ordered their Airfilter, but not installed yet.

PS: again, I have no business interest with ArrowHeads guys, PM me if you need contacts of them.

regards,
Pranav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks