Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 10:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Amazing report. Yes, stay away from BP in udipi graden. they do not fill the exact amt of fuel, had made a big mess of it. IOC is really good near water tank. 5 stars to it.
Old 20th November 2009, 23:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Going to Nellore

I am going to Nellore for my colleagues wedding tomorrow morning 6 AM. will be back with pics and stories of the drive soon!
Old 21st November 2009, 08:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Turbo Cleaning: 250
This is not a regular part of service as it is not there in the manual. did they open up the turbo and how did they clean it?
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:41   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
This is not a regular part of service as it is not there in the manual. did they open up the turbo and how did they clean it?
They removed turbo and it had two connection points [pipe like]. the guy poured petrol through one closing the other end with his hand, and shaking it. The reason for cleaning it was that the turbo was not getting activated well. they did the cleaning 3-4 times and took almost a litre of petrol. and then kept turbo in the sun for drying before they installed it back.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:42   #20
BHPian

Was there any difference after they did this? This is the first time I'm hearing of this. Is this a usual job that they do?
Old 24th November 2009, 01:14   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Was there any difference after they did this? This is the first time I'm hearing of this. Is this a usual job that they do?
I would not say there was a drastic difference. This is a job when they are suspicious that oil could get into turbo! so not a regular job! Also I could see that there was some dirt inside turbo when they washed it first time -- to keep my car clean, I would not mind shelling 300 [250 cleaning and 50/- petrol] once in a year [20,000 kms]. its not a mandate at all.
Old 28th November 2009, 19:38   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Back from Nellore -- 22 K kms completed now!

I had been to Nellore last week [21 & 22 Nov 2009]. The trip was fairly good with some bad experiences as well.

3 of us started at 6.35 AM from Airport Road on 21 Nov 2009. We hit the KR Puram road which is under construction and was heading straight @ 40 kms speed. The speed bettered as we found better roads.We stopped at Woody's for breakfast @ 8.30 AM. The trip meter showed 80 kms when we reached Woodys. The place is decent but slightly on the expensive side. The cleanliness was average but food was good. We started at 9 AM from there and our colleagues on an Innova arrived there when we were about to start. I was wondering as they had started from Airport road after 1 hour since we started.

We resumed our trip and the speed was not all that high owing to the bad roads.Reached Palmaner @ 10.10 AM and trip was 152 kms. We took some short breaks and reached Tirupathi Town [we were asked to take a deviaton thru Tirupathi town] at 12.00 PM. KM reading 261 km. We had lunch at Bhimas residency and food was brilliant. The lunch cost was 110/-. The road was better in AP but could not keep a constant speed as I was not confident about the road conditions -- the roads would be brilliant and then would become narrow with pot holes.

The travel was completely encountered by buffaloes & dogs who would run across the road. The worst incident was when a lady hit a buffalo to move and it ran straight across the road & across my car. I had one of the worst shocks of my life and I braked hard and steered to right - away from the buffalo. I had no idea what happened in the next 3 seconds. I steered to left & right couple of times to keep the car under control - thanks to ABS, I didnt have much drama.Was really thankful to God as I didnt have any vehicles at the back or front of mine. From here onwards started the encounter of stray dogs. Every time I missed a dog which ran across my car, I would have a sigh and finally we reached the toll road at Naidupet. The road was good and the time was already 2.30 PM. Now as I got the toll road, I was quite confident and started ripping the car as we were quite lagging about the schedule. I was driving at 120 ~ 140 when I suddenly noticed a black dog getting into road and started hard braking. The dog came to the centre of the road , then is totally confused and move back to the divider and suddenly decides to cross the road. The car had come down to 60~ 80 speeds and I was almost sure that I will hit it. Finally it happened - The front left bumper hit the dog and I saw it flying to the side. I stopped my car and checked the damage! the front alignment of bumper is spoiled and the black plastics around the fog lamp is broken! And the dog ran away - It didnt die. Cursing myself, we started back! We reached Nellore at 3.30 during heavy rains. Rached hotel D.R.Uthama and relaxed before we started off to our friend's reception.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-dscf0889.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-dscf0891.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-dscf0892.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1904.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1908.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1910.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1915.jpg

Tirupathi Town

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1924.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1926.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1937.jpg
Old 1st December 2009, 10:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear this. Seems to be you had some nightmares traveling in this route. I belong to the same place Nellore. You've to be cautious till you reach Naidupeta being double lane road. you might also came across body-breaker in this route. I did from B'lore to Nellore in flat 6.5 hrs, 398 kms from door-to-door with one pit-stop before Tirupathi.
You would have taken bypass road in Chittoor & also in Tirupathi, this might have saved at least 1.5hr.

Never try to save dogs that comes on your way. This will take a toll on our lives.

Pls post pics of damaged bumper.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 1st December 2009 at 11:00.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:53   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@ramsagar, we were forced to get into Tirupathi town as there was a block in byepass. And we were not sure of the route and had to keep enquiring everytime there was a deviation. And we spent almost 1 hour for lunch and all these contributed to the time taken. Above all these, I was not very confident on the road and hence decided to play a bit safe.

I would avoid hitting the dog at any cost as I am scared that I would end up having big time damage to my car - of course doing a zig zag can be deadliest at anypoint of time
Old 1st December 2009, 14:06   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

The next day after attending the marriage in the early morning, we left to the beach in Nellore -- the roads were pathetic. We spent almost an hour in the beach and my friend's innova was doing the rounds on beach! And then it happens. For a photo shoot, he stops the car in the beach and it just doesnt move out of the place. the wheels start spinning and keeps spinning. We called for help from the fishermen and they came with two big planks and after quite some effort from 15-20 people, Innova is out of sea. And he takes from there and tries to come out of beach, it gets stuck agian in sand. The same set of people come for rescue again. And the innova is all set to move. After paying them they also returned to the hotel.

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1938.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1940.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1944.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1959.jpg

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_1991.jpg

DAIL POLICE 100 !!! DAIL ??!! this was something at the back of all ricks that i found in Nellore!

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2013.jpg.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:19   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

We came back to the hotel, had breakfast and had some sleep and started back at 12 PM from there.Filled up Diesel from an IOC near Tirupathi and the mileage was 17.42 with 3 guys and 100% AC through out. The diesel was not great and immediately I could make out the drop in pick up and for some reason turbo was not getting kicked on. Had to get into some aggressive driving while coming back as it was getting late and I was deprived of good sleep for 2 days.

Came back to Bangalore and topped up Diesel and found that I got 22 kmpl mileage! I have no idea how did i get that mileage driving the car like that - aggressive over takings, brakings and so on! And while coming back I ran over a small doggy and was pretty disturbed with that incident for quite some time. The dog was standing on the road side and its friend ran across the road -- seeing this, it too ran across and came under my wheels. the moment that was hit, its friend came back running and was standing by the side of the dog which got hit. I was very much moved to see it and got very depressed! I still feel so bad when I remember that , though I had no chance of getting rid of the dog!

I will sign off the trip to Nellore with the last set of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2014.jpg  

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2015.jpg  

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2025.jpg  

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2039.jpg  

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2047.jpg  

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2055.jpg  

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2063.jpg  

SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 & 5-img_2066.jpg  

Old 1st December 2009, 19:50   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

@joshguy, you need not wait till 20K for service. I got my service done at 19650 kms or something as I had gone for Goa and was back after a very bad drive. My car was totally rough and the engine noise was on the higher side. Also I had to drive to my native in Kerala last week. All these factors forced me to get the servicing done at 19650. You can get the service done as per the condition of the car. Also its suggested that Swift Ds be taken for a routine service [just check ups and cleaning -- no oil / filter change and all] every 5000 kms. I personally saw the amount of dust / dirt accumulated in the air filter after 6000 kms. I for sure will take my car for service every 5K kms now on and also don't mind doing an engine oil change [700/-] for better performance. I would say you should listen to your heart! By the way whats your mileage in city and highway? Am sure you will be enjoying each moment you spend with ur baby! Happy driving!
I too take my swift for service every 5000kms ,The service (tuning) makes it smooth .

I am happy with my swift except for a few

1. Mileage - Am getting only 14 which ever way i drive(read as less braking,Fast ,Harsh,AC,without AC,city ,Highway)
Very rarely i get 15+ or fact is that i go 17s only thrice in the last one year.

2. Braking & Handling in corners - Not at all happy with the said point.May be i should upgrade tyres to 185 or 195s

3. Ride - I feel the indica had better suspension ( i know shouldn compare it)
Old 1st December 2009, 21:56   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Please see my answers in Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I too take my swift for service every 5000kms ,The service (tuning) makes it smooth .

I am happy with my swift except for a few

1. Mileage - Am getting only 14 which ever way i drive(read as less braking,Fast ,Harsh,AC,without AC,city ,Highway)
Very rarely i get 15+ or fact is that i go 17s only thrice in the last one year.

you may need to change the fuel pump from where you fill and check once! I had the same experience - better mileage when i changed the fuel pump.

2. Braking & Handling in corners - Not at all happy with the said point.May be i should upgrade tyres to 185 or 195s

165s are very very under rated -- please dont try stunts on ur car with 165 above 60 kmph speed.

3. Ride - I feel the indica had better suspension ( i know shouldn compare it)

I have the same opinion - swift suspension is hard so as to get better handling and it shows. On the other side, indica may not be great in handling front, but does have better suspension.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st December 2009 at 21:57. Reason: better formating
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:09   #30
BHPian

Hi SwiftnFurious,

Nice trip logs. and sorry to hear about the small accident.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks