Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 10:11   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Isnt Maruti's mail id --> contact@maruti.co.in?? Or is there any specific mail ids to reach the service team? If so, please do PM me, will be of great help.
You can also use the below link for service complaints.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/contact.aspx?SType=Service
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 18:36   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SwiftnFurious' Swift VDi ABS - 20K, 30K, 60K, 80K Service updates on Pg 1, 2, 4 &

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I had mailed a complaint few months back. Got an acknowledgement mail as follows the next day....

I would suggest you to try again. Also try sending a mail to the service center customer care too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
You can also use the below link for service complaints.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/contact.aspx?SType=Service
Held my nerves for a day to check the response even though I did NOT get an acknowledgement mail. The next day after my mail, I got a call from AVG Motors, Thiruvalla enquiring about the complaint. The customer care manager did NOT sound entertaining and the first thing she told me was "Sir, you said the car is performing well when we called up, a week after the service". Said the car didn't have an issue then and I noticed this issue when I removed the bumper.

After a bit of argument & my stiffened stand, she said she will talk to the works manager and get back to me. Today I got the follow up call and she said they will have the car picked up and serviced at Thiruvalla. Said I will drop the car myself tomorrow as I have been experiencing additional problems and want to explain it to those guys in person. Let me see how it goes.

Done with tyre shopping!

MRF Z.L.Os 185/70 R14 - 4 nos - 15,200/-
2 bald tyres were sold for Rs. 200/-
Total damage - 15,000/-

Initial feedback is on the positive side. The car feels much more comfy now. Tyre noise is low upto 80 kmph. Steering feel has NOT changed much too.

Disaster strikes:

Another wheel nut jammed, this time on the front right side. It's so freakin pathetic that somehow I end up paying for something or the other. Am thinking of replacing all 4 nuts + bolts on the tyre as the wheel alignment guy expressed concerns over rest too as the car has been driven over 80,000 kms. I need to pay for the labor (Rs. 600/-), replacing 3 more would NOT cost much in additional; may be another Rs. 150/-. Will replace all & be content than worried.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th February 2013 at 18:46.
Old 12th February 2013, 21:42   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

My car is back from the MA$$.

1. They said there was no leakage from the intercooler. The oil residues were from the dipstick.
2. Replaced all 4 wheel studs of Front right - labor waived off.
3. Paid Rs. 166/- for the nuts & bolts.

The engine has smoothened a lot, revvs better. The turbo kick is still felt at 2200 rpm. Went for extensive TD today. Felt the thrust is still NOT as vigorous as it used to be. After a bit of high revving, the turbo didn't have the push in first gear - not sure I have had this characteristic, but I have noticed such a behavior after a long drive.

Met the service manager & updated him about my findings. They said 3-4 people took TDs turn by turn & they feel nothing is wrong. Idle RPM at 900 and 950 with A/C. I told them I will have the car for now, drive it for 10 days and report back.

Was driving in the town after taking it and suddenly the SVC light would NOT go off after activating the battery (before crank). Goes off after crank though. Called up my SA and told and he says nothing to worry, just have it checked and erased once I visit a MA$$.

Will keep and eye on this too. Hope nothing goes wrong now. Peace of mind is gone though!

Added Bosch Aerotwins wipers today from Club Saturn, Kottayam. Costs Rs. 935/-. Wanted just a normal one, but ended up getting this fixed. Initial impression is good. I have been warned that I need to use this atleast once every week to keep it in good shape.

The car feels tight - absolutely NO rattles except from the rear spoiler which was drilled & fitted. The nuts have rusted and today went to an aftermarket guy to have it fitted with new nuts / bolts.

They say it can't be removed using spanners now owing to rust & have to burn it using a torch. Will take it to them tomorrow or as time permits.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th February 2013 at 21:47.
Old 14th February 2013, 19:43   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess my car is going to keep me busy for the time being. Just drove around a bit (less than 20 kms) in the last two days. When I took it out again today, the same problem mentioned below happened!

Quote:
....Was driving in the town after taking it and suddenly the SVC light would NOT go off after activating the battery (before crank). Goes off after crank though. Called up my SA and told and he says nothing to worry, just have it checked and erased once I visit a MA$$.

Will keep and eye on this too. Hope nothing goes wrong now. Peace of mind is gone though!...
Now while driving, the SVC light comes up and stays ON! Tried re-starting a couple of time, but close to min after the crank, the light would come & stay. Took it to Indus motors A$$ for a diagnosis. After waiting for around 30 mins, they brought the machine (which was taken for a road side assistance call) and issue was traced to "glow plug" error!

I had replaced 3 glow plugs (under warranty) last year and guess the old one would have conked off now! Should cost around ~600/- and will be getting it replaced from AVG motors, Kottayam as Indus don't have the part in stock.

I was told that these are issues which can crop up after clocking so many kms and I should NOT be worried much on the reliability front. I seriously hope these are NOT signs to me to get rid of the car, which I am still reluctant to do!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th February 2013 at 19:44.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 21:42   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Guess my car is going to keep me busy for the time being. Just drove around a bit (less than 20 kms) in the last two days. When I took it out again today, the same problem mentioned below happened!

Now while driving, the SVC light comes up and stays ON! Tried re-starting a couple of time, but close to min after the crank, the light would come & stay. Took it to Indus motors A$$ for a diagnosis. After waiting for around 30 mins, they brought the machine (which was taken for a road side assistance call) and issue was traced to "glow plug" error!

I had replaced 3 glow plugs (under warranty) last year and guess the old one would have conked off now! Should cost around ~600/- and will be getting it replaced from AVG motors, Kottayam as Indus don't have the part in stock.

I was told that these are issues which can crop up after clocking so many kms and I should NOT be worried much on the reliability front. I seriously hope these are NOT signs to me to get rid of the car, which I am still reluctant to do!
Go for BOSCH glow plugs, Maruti dealers usually stock NGK plugs, Swift comes factory fitted with Bosch plugs, all dealers have NGK, atleast in Bangalore, both are priced same at Rs.600 per plug
I recently changed mine, 3 plugs had concked off & I changed all 4. The plugs have lasted really long, my car's odometre reads 3.6 lakh kilometres
GSMINC is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 22:02   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Go for BOSCH glow plugs, Maruti dealers usually stock NGK plugs, Swift comes factory fitted with Bosch plugs, all dealers have NGK, atleast in Bangalore, both are priced same at Rs.600 per plug
I recently changed mine, 3 plugs had concked off & I changed all 4. The plugs have lasted really long,
When did you replace these plugs, at what mileage? I never asked them what was the brand last time and hopefully just one needs to be changed now, will check what brands do they store! Since I am going to the same A$$ which replaced it last time, I shall go with the same brand at this point of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
my car's odometre reads 3.6 lakh kilometres
3.6L kms?? Standing ovation from me man! You should have had a long term review. What all have you changed in your car so far? Does your car run on mineral oil?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th February 2013 at 22:04.
Old 14th February 2013, 22:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now while driving, the SVC light comes up and stays ON! Tried re-starting a couple of time, but close to min after the crank, the light would come & stay.
Getting the same symptom in mine too since last week. Couldn't find time to go and check it at Indus yet, but I guess it could be same issue as I've not replaced any of the glow plugs so far.

Do the glow plugs usually conk off after a specific period like 4-5 years? Mine is also a 2008 Oct VDi ABS

Last edited by zenren : 14th February 2013 at 23:01.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:11   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
...Do the glow plugs usually conk off after a specific period like 4-5 years?
I think it's more to do with mileage clocked, may not be time frame. At-least that's what I was told. The guy was explaining more on the lines of mileage. How much have you clocked so far?

Please do get it done quickly. Last time I had the warning sign running for close to 1 month & some 2000 kms before I took it to service. They said that 3 of them conked off as I didn't do the replacement on time. Not sure whether that's right!

Do you plan to swap all 4 in one shot?

Quote:
...Mine is also a 2008 Oct VDi ABS
That's cool.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th February 2013 at 23:12.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2013, 23:34   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it's more to do with mileage clocked, may not be time frame. At-least that's what I was told. The guy was explaining more on the lines of mileage. How much have you clocked so far?

Do you plan to swap all 4 in one shot?
Thanks. Odo is just at 38k. Thats why I was wondering if it could be time frame.

If its 600 per plug and just a matter of time before others go off, I would rather replace all 4 in one shot rather than worry about the SVS everytime one goes off. Dad might be going that way tomorrow or saturday, will see if he gets time to show it in Indus. Will update what the issue was.
Old 17th February 2013, 12:47   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: Glow plug issue

Came back after the fix. 2 glow plugs were changed (3 & 4 cylinders they said). Wanted to change all 4 but somehow didn't work out.

Will wait till the next one goes kaput and will have all 4 replaced (preferably Bosch) in one shot. I do NOT know how much of a trouble it is going to source Bosch parts.

Cost of glow plugs = ~Rs. 600/- a piece (x 2 nos)
Labor charge = Rs. 400/-
Total cost = Rs. 1600/-

AVG Motors (Kottayam): Not very happy with the way my case was dealt. Car was given at 9 AM. The time frame was given as 12 PM for delivery (4 hours, for an essentially 20 mins job as per Indus' SA estimate). I requested the delivery be prioritised. The car was taken into the service bay at 9.30 AM. I was given the bill at 11.15 AM and there was some discount to be added to it. The manager who was supposed to give the approval was in some meeting and I waited till 12 PM unsuccessfully and finally said I will take the discount sometime later and paid the actual bill.

The car was still NOT brought to delivery bay & was lying in the service bay. My SA goes and brings it and notices the error code was NOT erased. Was a bit frustrated with all, and moreover it happened on a day where they had just 20-30% of normal volumes!!! NOT happy!

I guess I left the service centre at 12.20 PM (after spending 3.5 hours) and the only work probably was just 20 mins worth!

Someone could let me know where can we source Bosch components easily, at Kottayam. Please?

I checked the SAs as to what brands do they use and they said MGP which is NGK in case of glow plugs.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th February 2013 at 12:53.
Old 17th February 2013, 13:24   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came back after the fix. 2 glow plugs were changed (3 & 4 cylinders they said).
Does that mean at least one glow plug didn't last a year since you mentioned you replaced 3 of them last year? Did they mention any reason for such a short life span? I think I'll also stick to replacing only the faulty ones if the replacement part might not last a year. Could it be something else faulty leading to failure of the glow plug?

BTW, I took mine to Indus and they confirmed it is glow plug based on the error code. They bays were full and they said the job would have to be queued up meaning it would involve unnecessary delays and might not even be done that day even if we left the car there. Since driving experience didn't feel any different than before, they said we can do it along with 40k service as these warnings come pretty early.

BTW, how much does the 40k service approx come to? I see a lot of 'replace' suggested at 40k and 80k as per the service manual.

Last edited by zenren : 17th February 2013 at 13:31.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:42   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does that mean at least one glow plug didn't last a year since you mentioned you replaced 3 of them last year? Did they mention any reason for such a short life span? I think I'll also stick to replacing only the faulty ones if the replacement part might not last a year. Could it be something else faulty leading to failure of the glow plug?
I asked about it. They say that when one of the plugs conk off, the load comes on the other ones and due to it, more failures happen. I think changing all 4 together will ensure a better life for all glow plugs since all of them are in the same health condition.

You are right, one of them last just over an year / 25K kms. The warranty is covered for 6 months or so, hence I could NOT get it.

Quote:
BTW, I took mine to Indus and they confirmed it is glow plug based on the error code....

Since driving experience didn't feel any different than before, they said we can do it along with 40k service as these warnings come pretty early.
2 points
- a late replacement may cause failure of more plugs.
- In case more number fails, you could use that excuse to change all 4. Labor should be the same for changing all 4 or just 1. You can utilise the time to find Bosch branded ones too.

Quote:
BTW, how much does the 40k service approx come to? I see a lot of 'replace' suggested at 40k and 80k as per the service manual.
Rs. 6500/- is my bet including mineral oil. What is the additional stuff mentioned? EGR cleaning? Add another ~Rs. 1200/- (max) for that.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 11:47   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- a late replacement may cause failure of more plugs.
- In case more number fails, you could use that excuse to change all 4. Labor should be the same for changing all 4 or just 1. You can utilise the time to find Bosch branded ones too.
Checked the glow plugs yesterday at another nearby MASS (grade C as per Service booklet) and found one of them blown. Went ahead and replaced just the faulty plug. Lets see how long this configuration lasts. Atleast, the SVS light has stopped glowing now.

Since they didn't stock such parts with them and procured when needed, they said they can get Bosch or NGK depending on what we prefer and hence went with Bosch. Prices seemed reasonable - 781 for the plug and 100 for the labour. Got the car back in 2 hours including getting the plug from Bosch outlet.

Looks like the best option based on this experience is to go to MASS Tier 1 folks for getting the error code and then go to Tier 2/3 MASS or known FNGs for fixing them, where we can speak to the guys who actually do the work and get MGP or better OEM spares through them depending on which is better. Even in TVM, Indus folks would have replaced only with NGK.
Old 24th February 2013, 13:25   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Someone could let me know where can we source Bosch components easily, at Kottayam. Please?
Just happened to stumble upon this post. Bosh diesel equipments are available at K K Diesels, opposite to Plantation Corporation, further towards Collectorate. Though they have some electrical accessories including battery, wipers and horns too, a separate dealer have set shop for electricals at Cement Junction, near to Honda showroom. I have experience with K K Diesels for changing a battery for my Baleno. They brought a battery with opposite terminals and were trying to retrofit that on to my Baleno, till I gave them a piece of my mind. So, I'll advice you to stay along with them till they complete the job.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 14:20   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Prices seemed reasonable - 781 for the plug and 100 for the labour. Got the car back in 2 hours including getting the plug from Bosch outlet.

Looks like the best option based on this experience is to go to MASS Tier 1 folks for getting the error code and then go to Tier 2/3 MASS or known FNGs for fixing them, where we can speak to the guys who actually do the work and get MGP or better OEM spares through them depending on which is better. Even in TVM, Indus folks would have replaced only with NGK.
I was wonderng what is such a heavy difference in labour. It's always good to go for FNGs provided they are good at what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
..Bosh diesel equipments are available at K K Diesels, opposite to Plantation Corporation, further towards Collectorate. ...So, I'll advice you to stay along with them till they complete the job.
Thanks for the pointer. I believe this is close to the petrol bunk before Collectorate? I would rather source the stuff and have it replaced in MA$$!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks