Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2010, 19:37   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Akshay,

Enkei do make alloy wheels in India. Take my word for it.

Secondly, could you pass on the number of Pal Tyres? I'm looking for some white Enkeis and would love to know from where I can source them.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:51   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Akshay,

Secondly, could you pass on the number of Pal Tyres? I'm looking for some white Enkeis and would love to know from where I can source them.
in that case good that they do make rims here in india too. i have sent you a pm regarding pal tyres.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:30   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Akshay,

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
in that case good that they do make rims here in india too. i have sent you a pm regarding pal tyres.
Isn't Enkei available in Bangalore? I've seen plenty of cars with Enkei wheels! Even a black Civic with the exact same wheels that Akshay has (Sorry Akshay But honestly, I think it looks better on your Accord!) I'm sure they're available here! All of them wouldn't have possibly got it down from Mumbai!

Nikhil, which car of yours are you looking to boot up?
Old 12th February 2010, 12:42   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Let;s not go OT here

I've started a thread in the tyre and alloy wheel secdtion. We've almost confirmed on a Civic and might go in for that. Am looking for alloys for the Civic in 15".
Old 13th February 2010, 02:15   #230
Team-BHP Support

Update -
after the third tankful the average fe still continues to be 5kmpl. but again the car has been used in heavy traffic, bombay traffic seems to have got completely messed up in the past few months.

another thing i am noticing is that on idle there are a few minor vibrations which can be felt. after a little research on the net i have come to the conclusion that one or more of the engine mounts will have to be changed. any idea how much that would cost?

this car does have some useful features. i dont know if i have mentioned it but all 4 windows can be rolled out by pressing the unlock button on the remote twice. lol its pretty cool. also the windows can be rolled up or down from the drivers side keyhole by turning it to the lock or unlock side and keeping it there till the windows are fully up or down. pretty cool if you ask me.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:34   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Update -
after the third tankful the average fe still continues to be 5kmpl. but again the car has been used in heavy traffic, bombay traffic seems to have got completely messed up in the past few months.

another thing i am noticing is that on idle there are a few minor vibrations which can be felt. after a little research on the net i have come to the conclusion that one or more of the engine mounts will have to be changed. any idea how much that would cost?

this car does have some useful features. i dont know if i have mentioned it but all 4 windows can be rolled out by pressing the unlock button on the remote twice. lol its pretty cool. also the windows can be rolled up or down from the drivers side keyhole by turning it to the lock or unlock side and keeping it there till the windows are fully up or down. pretty cool if you ask me.
No idea about the costs , Akshay. Maybe the experts can shed some light on this!

Those features seem to be very cool! I guess they're very convenient and very thoughtful! I see that you're enjoying ever moment with her instead of worrying too much about her drinking problem!
Old 14th February 2010, 17:01   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
No idea about the costs , Akshay. Maybe the experts can shed some light on this!

Those features seem to be very cool! I guess they're very convenient and very thoughtful! I see that you're enjoying ever moment with her instead of worrying too much about her drinking problem!
yeah some of these features are quite thoughtful. well now that ive bought the car i obviously cant cry about the consumption, lol, if anything i can try to use the car a bit less.
Old 16th February 2010, 01:00   #233
Team-BHP Support

i just love the fact that there are just so many aftermarket parts available for the accord. just an example is this. just have a look at the link. i never even thought anyone would make parts like this for any car.

KP Technologies
Old 17th February 2010, 21:09   #234
Team-BHP Support

update -
so this thread will be pretty dry for the next 2 weeks or so after which there will be some interesting stuff. will reveal that only once im sure of it. anyway heres the update. after the tyre change i can notice a slight drop in tyre quality, earlier it used to cruise over some rough imperfections in the road but now it can be felt a little bit. but on the flip side, the steering feels much less disconnected than earlier and the car has much much more grip, though it still manages a good amount of wheelspin if the accel is floored from start. vsa does control it well though. havent tried switching off vsa. the brakes seem a bit sharper thanks to the new tyres. over rough roads these tyres do make noise but on a smooth road, oh what joy.

anyway to list out the upgrades i see happening in the near future, so that there is some interest from members in this thread.

1. front windscreen sunfilm.
2. 6000k HID bulbs in low beam and foglights. and white normal bulbs in high beam to match.
3. ICE. a good amount of it.
4. performance air filter. most likely a CAI. need to decide between aem and k&n.
5. remap (i think after this and the air filter i should easily be looking at 250 crank hp)

ps - sorry about not uploading good pics of the car after the rim upgrade. i will try to do it soon otherwise bear with me since i have exams for 2 weeks.
Old 17th February 2010, 22:17   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
update -
so this thread will be pretty dry for the next 2 weeks or so after which there will be some interesting stuff. will reveal that only once im sure of it. anyway heres the update. after the tyre change i can notice a slight drop in tyre quality, earlier it used to cruise over some rough imperfections in the road but now it can be felt a little bit. but on the flip side, the steering feels much less disconnected than earlier and the car has much much more grip, though it still manages a good amount of wheelspin if the accel is floored from start. vsa does control it well though. havent tried switching off vsa. the brakes seem a bit sharper thanks to the new tyres. over rough roads these tyres do make noise but on a smooth road, oh what joy.

anyway to list out the upgrades i see happening in the near future, so that there is some interest from members in this thread.

1. front windscreen sunfilm.
2. 6000k HID bulbs in low beam and foglights. and white normal bulbs in high beam to match.
3. ICE. a good amount of it.
4. performance air filter. most likely a CAI. need to decide between aem and k&n.
5. remap (i think after this and the air filter i should easily be looking at 250 crank hp)

ps - sorry about not uploading good pics of the car after the rim upgrade. i will try to do it soon otherwise bear with me since i have exams for 2 weeks.
Study hard my friend. And the Accord will taste sweeter with the remap and the CAI. All we need is pictures worth drooling over. You haven't given us some tasty pictures yet!
Old 18th February 2010, 15:10   #236
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i just love the fact that there are just so many aftermarket parts available for the accord.
Any Honda, especially American-models like the Civic & Accord. Hondas have always been a tuner / enthusiast favorite.

Quote:
Check with Racedynamics. I heard stuff about a SUPER quick Accord V6 that was running his box.
Old 18th February 2010, 20:34   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Study hard my friend. And the Accord will taste sweeter with the remap and the CAI. All we need is pictures worth drooling over. You haven't given us some tasty pictures yet!
yes im really looking forward to the remap but i have to put in some creature comforts like ICE before. when im ripping it i wish there was a manual because the kickdown can be a bit slow like in most autos but in traffic i forget that. with a remap it should improve. sorry about the pictures. will take some as soon as i can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Any Honda, especially American-models like the Civic & Accord. Hondas have always been a tuner / enthusiast favorite.

Check with Racedynamics. I heard stuff about a SUPER quick Accord V6 that was running his box.
yes thats true. but i didnt think anyone would make small gadgets like that which move the mirrors down when you start reversing. useful.

i will contact kartik about his box. thanks.
Old 20th February 2010, 15:37   #238
Team-BHP Support

hey guys, thinking about getting these ebc brake pads. any opinions on them? will they make a lot of noise?

Part Number EBC-DP21669
Old 20th February 2010, 15:43   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hey guys, thinking about getting these ebc brake pads. any opinions on them? will they make a lot of noise?

Part Number EBC-DP21669
I'm afraid they might! It might make that annoying squeaking noise. But that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 20th February 2010, 16:08   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm afraid they might! It might make that annoying squeaking noise. But that shouldn't be a problem.
hmm i dont want noise. maybe ill look at these

Part Number EBC-DP31669C

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks