Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 11:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

oops i forgot to mention that i called my brother too and told him what happened and that he should get a crane to get the car out of the scene.

My brother got the crane within the time that i was being transported from the accident scene to my house and towed away the car to the DD motors mayapuri. My colleauges by that time had reached the accident spot while my brother was getting the car towed and were shocked to see the state of the car ( this is what they told me later ) as it was in pretty bad shape. Since my brother had already spoken to me and knew that i was fine they were kind of relieved.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:03   #32
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Unacceptable road etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
It was 2:00 am in the night, i know i was wrong but i was doing well over 90 kmph and there was a biker who was probably doing more than what i was doing.

Harish,

3 years and 5 accidents? Sorry, mate, but to me this latest accident (and your driving) seems like careless driving. IMO, this reckless endangerment of not only yourself, but other road users as well is unforgivable!

Take the instance above - In retrospect, you admit that doing 90 km/hr at 0200 hours of the morning was wrong. To me you seem like a reckless driver who drives your car in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or public property!

As you admit, you are very lucky to come out unscathed minus a few bruises and scratches. I hope you do understand the trauma and agony of your loved ones had the outcome been far worse. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take my advice, role play your boy-racer fantasies in a safe environment such as a race track not on the open streets - no matter what time of day.

Regards,
gpa
Old 4th March 2010, 12:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Harish,

3 years and 5 accidents? Sorry, mate, but to me this latest accident (and your driving) seems like careless driving. IMO, this reckless endangerment of not only yourself, but other road users as well is unforgivable!

Take the instance above - In retrospect, you admit that doing 90 km/hr at 0200 hours of the morning was wrong. To me you seem like a reckless driver who drives your car in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or public property!

As you admit, you are very lucky to come out unscathed minus a few bruises and scratches. I hope you do understand the trauma and agony of your loved ones had the outcome been far worse. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take my advice, role play your boy-racer fantasies in a safe environment such as a race track not on the open streets - no matter what time of day.

Regards,
gpa
Hey GPA,

I agree hands down that this 5th accident of mine was kind of also due to the speed that i was on however the road that i'm talking about right now is the one wherein slower the drive and more are the chances that you would get rear ended ( it's very common in Delhi ).

I had no disregard for safety of anyone or any public property and for that matter i have no clue as to where that biker disappeared because he did not even have the courtesy to even stop and check on the guy behind him who saved him 9 (which was me ). Although i'm still furious on the situation but i always thank god that atleast 2 lives were saved in this situation and only thing that was lost was the money and lot of time in getting the car back to shape.

Last edited by harishnayak : 4th March 2010 at 12:18. Reason: grammar
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2010, 12:26   #34
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
however the road that i'm talking about right now is the one wherein if i drive slower and i get rear ended ( it's very common in Delhi).
What is the speed limit for the road that you mention?

Surely, 90 km/hr is way too fast for the city. Besides that, it was 0200 hours in the morning, so even if you were cruising at 50 km/hr where does the question of getting rear ended arise?

For example, if you were travelling at 90km/h along a straight highway you would not be guilty of reckless driving. However, if you drove at that speed in a street within city limits, you would be guilty of reckless driving.

Quote:
i have no clue as to where that biker disappeared because he did not even have the courtesy to even stop and check on the guy behind him who saved him
I don't think you should bring the biker into question. The imbecile probably saw your crash and realized that he must have been the cause of it and fled.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Now after the car was turned into DD motors i was hell bent on getting the car totalled. I spoke to my brother who told me that his team members dad could get the car declared as totalled and we would kind of get around 60-70% of the cars amount.

We tried our best but we could not get the car declared as totalled as the agent claimed that it's not possible that this car be declared as totalled however he promised that he could get the car re-done pretty nicely and that it would come back in the real shape.

Still more pics and stories to go..
Old 4th March 2010, 12:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
within few seconds i got to meet 3 ANGELES
Did you note down their phone number? I will tell you something after you answer this for me.

Pramod
Old 4th March 2010, 12:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Is there a picture of the car after this particular accident? I am curious to see what it looked like after turning turtle thrice.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
What is the speed limit for the road that you mention?

Surely, 90 km/hr is way too fast for the city. Besides that, it was 0200 hours in the morning, so even if you were cruising at 50 km/hr where does the question of getting rear ended arise?

For example, if you were travelling at 90km/h along a straight highway you would not be guilty of reckless driving. However, if you drove at that speed in a street within city limits, you would be guilty of reckless driving.

There's no speed limit mentioned for that road and mostly it's not for most of the roads in Delhi ( I love Delhi however i'm forced to say this ). I would also like to tell you that the traffic sometimes in Delhi at the night is VERY crazy.

I don't think you should bring the biker into question. The imbecile probably saw your crash and realized that he must have been the cause of it and fled.
Well no comments on this one as i'm still OK with the fact that i saved a life and i learnt a lesson. I'm not sure if i'm angry/happy with this guy but it was definitely not required in my life. I've been drining VERY SAFE after this accident and have also been spotted my many BHPians w/o any violations and am happy about it.

no wonder i like to sport and spot TBHP stickers on my cars.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Did you note down their phone number? I will tell you something after you answer this for me.

Pramod
I did , one of those guys had a ifone and had literally called my home ( landline) to inform them of the accident. Next morning i called him and thanked him for his kind gesture ( i spoke to him for good 15 mins ) , my mom also took the phone from me and thanked him for the kind gesture.

The grooming that i got from my family was to be courteous to anyone who helps you in your need , for that matter someone who helped you w/o knowing you is someone you gotta be really obliged for life. The irony of life was when they saw my car getting towed on their way back home ( my brother was getting the car towed towards DD motors- Maya puri and they asked him { while driving if it was HARRY's car - i had gelled well with them to tell them my alias name } if it was harry s car and he was amazed ). I came to know about all of this the next morning.

I still pray for those 3 guys and wish them LUCK for all their life , i guess this is the only way i can pay off their favour.

I would definetely like to know what you wanted to say.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Is there a picture of the car after this particular accident? I am curious to see what it looked like after turning turtle thrice.
I sure do. Here are few pictures that i took the next day but my insurance agent has many more which i've still not procured from him.

I got badly bruised from the drivers side wipers which rubbed my shoulders while being pulled out.

I only have the front pictures which doesnt show the entire damage but what i was told by the bystanders was that the car was airborne for quite a while thus not damaging the roof to a large extent.
Attached Thumbnails
My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-turtle.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-turtle1.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-turtle2.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-turtle3.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-turtle4.jpg  

Old 4th March 2010, 13:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

The total damage was little over a lakh ( i don't remember the exact amount right now ) but i had to pay close to 20 k from my pocket to get the car redone completely.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:22   #42
BHPian

hmm...after reading this whole thread, I came to a few conclusions:

1. You adore your ride like anything.
2. DD Motors will make you their privileged customer (might give you a platinum card too, if any ..LoL)
3. 3 years and 5 accidents, I hope no more coming in future (touchwood),
4. Within 2 hours of any accident you take your ride to a workshop and arrange a crane in less than 1 hour.

Anyway, jokes apart, its greatt to know that you were fine after that nasty accident.
Bro, just wanted to know, were you drunk when the accident took place ??
and 1 suggestion, (telling coz I stay in delhi too) even if you are driving safe, there are other bad drivers, soo keep that in mind too (as you have mentioned an esteem hit you)..

IMO I dont find driving at higher speeds is kool, but yeah you can have fun sometimes, but make sure that you have total control over braking and handling the car..

Even my ride was badly hit in an accident, that you can check below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1735133-post4823.html

Last edited by nick17s : 4th March 2010 at 13:24.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

The fact of the matter is that this is my only car which has gone through 5 accident. None of my other cars went through any major accidents in last few years.

My family is yet to come to a conclusion whether this car is LUCKY or UNLUCKY for me but as far as my conclusion goes i think it's lucky for me. This accident happened when the car had done approximately 63- 64 k kms and now the cars done close to 78 k kms w/o any major problem after it got repaired.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
hmm...after reading this whole thread, I came to a few conclusions:

1. You adore your ride like anything.
2. DD Motors will make you their privileged customer (might give you a platinum card too, if any ..LoL)
3. 3 years and 5 accidents, I hope no more coming in future (touchwood),
4. Within 2 hours of any accident you take your ride to a workshop and arrange a crane in less than 1 hour.

Anyway, jokes apart, its greatt to know that you were fine after that nasty accident.
Bro, just wanted to know, were you drunk when the accident took place ??
and 1 suggestion, (telling coz I stay in delhi too) even if you are driving safe, there are other bad drivers, soo keep that in mind too (as you have mentioned an esteem hit you)..

IMO I dont find driving at higher speeds is kool, but yeah you can have fun sometimes, but make sure that you have total control over braking and handling the car..

Even my ride was badly hit in an accident, that you can check below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1735133-post4823.html
Hey Bro,

Thanks for going through my thread. Here are my answers to your questions -

1. You adore your ride like anything. - { Harry }I love my ride like anything , i'm sure you're going to like my further reviews besides the ones that i mentioned in past including the mods that i did on my ride.

2. DD Motors will make you their privileged customer (might give you a platinum card too, if any ..LoL) - { Harry } he he i hope they do.

3. 3 years and 5 accidents, I hope no more coming in future (touchwood), { Harry } I hope not

4. Within 2 hours of any accident you take your ride to a workshop and arrange a crane in less than 1 hour. { Harry } - Yes , the longest one in the 4th one ( I majorly needed the crane in 2 cases )

Bro, just wanted to know, were you drunk when the accident took place ?? - { Harry } No i was not.

I checked your ride , did you manage to get the insurance?? i feel sad for your ride.

Where did this happen and whom did you hit??
Old 4th March 2010, 14:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Since the car was totally redone and repainted i had a few problems after it was delivered to me.

I will shortly post the entire report of the experience from the insurance to the after effects of this accident.

I hope and pray for myself that i don't meet with anymore accidents in this car and am able to use it to the maximum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks