Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:22   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Just Rs 165.00 for alignment? That sounds very inexpensive. I have to do the first rotation/alignment in another 750 KM. Are these rates standard?
yes, That's what i paid. I'm not sure if these rates are standard across the country but i'm sure it would be + - Rs 50 ( in fact in plus only ).

If you get the same done from MASS it would be around rs 300- rs 400 but the place from where i get it done is pretty well known for balancing and alignment. I get it done religiously in every 5000 kms as is very evident by my cars tyre thread ( i'll post a closer pic if possible ).
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
@ Harish: Nice ride you have there buddy. Even after 5 accidents, Your love for that car, is simply great. Can see, that you have updated the thread regularly (Sometimes there are no responses, but still you have updated). Wishing you many many many more happy miles on that sweet little car. Can you post a recent pic of your car, please?

Enjoy, Drive safe .
Thanks dude , I simply love my car and no wonder i have the " Love cars Live cars " sticker on my ride.

The pics in my last post were taken today afternoon however i'll take some more pics in the morning and post it for you. Thanks for showing the interest.. till then maybe you can have a look at my cars pics in one of my travelogues - the car today looks EXACTLY the way it looks in this TL

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...elhi-alto.html

BTW - Do you own a alto?
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:52   #63
BHPian

Had sold my 800 and was looking for an upgrade ,that was when i got the opportunity of owning this small wonder (For few days only ). Rear seat (only grouse) was a bit uncomfortable to my parents, so upgraded to big brother Waggy R. Would love to own that small wonder again. I have a special liking for your car, that color and alloys makes the car look more sweeter .

Last edited by mnhegde : 22nd March 2010 at 21:02.
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:20   #64
BHPian

I have always appreciated your love for your car.
car Looks Great !! I am really sorry could not accompany you to KAKA, would you be free on March end/ April beginning?
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

@ MN hegde - You're right the rear seats suck however 90 % of the times its only me who drives the car or maximum 2 people ( front seats ). I drive with the seats at completely back position so have lots of space in the front. Thanks for the appreciation , really makes me happy that other alto lovers love my car too.

@ Bumblebeast - Thanks BB , I remember you asking me to go to KAKA on 22nd. I did manage to take some time out and get my K&N holder fixed as it was making noise under the hood.
Old 24th March 2010, 09:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

One minor accident or should i say a forced parking led to the right side of my bumper to sink in resulting in the front right tyre touching the inner side of the bumper.

Yesterday night while trying to squeeze in my car in the parking outside my office caused the bumper to sink in , the bumper scratched against a tree and when i reversed to park properly i heard a noise and the bumper got dislocated.

As can be seen in pic 1 and pic 2 the tyre is touching the bumper. The tyre hits the bumper only when i turn the steering half left as can be seen in pic 3 and pic 4.

I'll have to get it fixed over this weekend cos it's making a lot of noise while manouvering the car in a small location.

Anyone knows how much it cost or if there's DIY stuff to fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0002.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0003.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0004.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0005.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 22:50   #67
BHPian

Alto power...there is nothing else out there quite like it..
happy driving bro.
Old 25th March 2010, 01:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Alto power...there is nothing else out there quite like it..
happy driving bro.

Thanks dude. You're quite right.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

I went to Karol bagh today to get the Bumper fixed as the tyre was scrapping the bumper everytime that i was steering left.

The first guy that i went to told me an estimate of rs 300 and i tried to bargain for rs 100 saying that even the new bumper costed Rs 1000 and stuff but couldn't break him so moved on but could not find any more bumper repair guys.

As i was looking for a bumper repair shop i remembered that i was also facing problems with my stereo wherein the music system used to stall evertime i used the horn so i thought of getting that fixed too since i was in KB. I went to the same guy from whom i had got the system done and he took about 30 minutes to fix this issue as it was related to some wires being loose.

As i did not find any other bumper repair shop in KB so i decided to got to east Patel nagar which has lots of car repair shops and finally found a guy who told me that it can be fixed but he would charge me Rs 150 ( but a bargain guy that i am ) i gave him lesser than that.

Total expense on the car today -

Stereo repair - Rs 50 only ( since he was a known guy )
Bumper repair - Rs 120 ( saved rs 30 in fact Rs 180 compared to the original guy that i went to )
Attached Thumbnails
My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0008.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0009.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0010.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0011.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0012.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0013.jpg  

My Alto love story - 2006 till date with pics on every page-harry0014.jpg  

Old 26th March 2010, 00:09   #70
BHPian

The ownership threads speaks little of the car but more about the mis-happenings. You are certainly very lucky to come out unscatched from all those . And the Dhaula Kuan incident reminds me of certain other roads(read DND, Palam Cantt area among others) in Delhi where you can easily speed your way 80+ and lower speeds translate to repeated honking and chances of rear-ending.
Tricky roads to drive in Delhi!!
Old 26th March 2010, 01:08   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
The ownership threads speaks little of the car but more about the mis-happenings. You are certainly very lucky to come out unscatched from all those . And the Dhaula Kuan incident reminds me of certain other roads(read DND, Palam Cantt area among others) in Delhi where you can easily speed your way 80+ and lower speeds translate to repeated honking and chances of rear-ending.
Tricky roads to drive in Delhi!!
Well this is the first time that i'm writing a ownership thread and any feedback would be much appreciated. I know there have been too many mishaps with my car but i guess that's the way it is.

BTW i have mentioned all the things like FE , repair costs , recent happenings etc. Is there anything else that i'm missing on?

You're right buddy it's very tricky driving in Delhi but it's fun to go through the day to day challenge.
Old 26th March 2010, 01:16   #72
BHPian

You got me wrong, man. You didnt miss out anything. I was merely pointing out that majority of the posts were dedicated to those unfortunate accidents. And they are an integral part of the ownership thread as well.
From where did you procure the tyres and alloys? I am searching for some better shoes for my Zen.
Old 26th March 2010, 01:27   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
You got me wrong, man. You didnt miss out anything. I was merely pointing out that majority of the posts were dedicated to those unfortunate accidents. And they are an integral part of the ownership thread as well.
From where did you procure the tyres and alloys? I am searching for some better shoes for my Zen.
That's cool , Just thought i should calrify. I got both the tyres and alloys from Karol bagh. Let me know when you want to get it done.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:19   #74
BHPian

I will PM you when if have got the moolah sanctioned.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I went to Karol bagh today to get the Bumper fixed as the tyre was scrapping the bumper everytime that i was steering left.
Its quite easy to get rid of those sctraches, Use a very fine sandpaper like 1500 grit and doa wet sanding then use 2000 grit paper and remove the sctraches left by the earlier paper, now apply kivi liquid shoe polish on the whole bumper and you have a brand new spotless bumper, Please post some pics once done

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks