Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 16:39   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Black Figo is just awesome ! Congrats Kishore !
I wanted to get black figo but was voted out :( :( in "local" elections.
Thanks! Silverknight. I can understand, most families in India don't prefer Black color.

First FE Update
Filled Panther up as the DTE was showing 58KM and it drank 39.5 Lts till the cut off. The reading on the odo was 642. That's 16+ FE , I am sure it will settle down to 17 once the first service is done. I am pretty happy as I was seeing some really low numbers on the forum. I guess it purely depends on the driving style/roads.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Thanks! Silverknight. I can understand, most families in India don't prefer Black color.

First FE Update
Filled Panther up as the DTE was showing 58KM and it drank 39.5 Lts till the cut off. The reading on the odo was 642. That's 16+ FE , I am sure it will settle down to 17 once the first service is done. I am pretty happy as I was seeing some really low numbers on the forum. I guess it purely depends on the driving style/roads.
hey thats super milaeage figures, what was your drivnig conditions? city, highway ?? more details please
Old 27th April 2010, 17:14   #33
BHPian

I live and work in Navi Mumbai, traffic here is not a major issue, plus I use the Thane-Belapur road for my daily commute which is sort of a highway except for few points where it gets choked with traffic. The A/C is always on in my car.

This is the first time I have been driving a diesel, so tried to drive it by the book. I try to keep the RPM around 2K for all gears and try to keep a lightfoot on the pedal for most of the time (except when I really want to enjoy the torque and overtake). I usually upshift quiet fast in petrol cars, but changed my pattern for the Diesel as I always wanted to be around 2K, so sometimes I don't upshift from 3-4 or 4-5 if I see the traffic ahead would eventually slow me down. I guess this has paid off.

I read about your low FE figures, have you too shifted from Petrol to Diesel with your Figo?

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 27th April 2010 at 17:18.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:

First FE Update
I was wondering how you reached the calculations. Was the DTE showing 642 after tank full ?
I am curious because just this morning I tanked up and calculated the FE by dividing DTE reading (643) by 45. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I was wondering how you reached the calculations. Was the DTE showing 642 after tank full ?
I am curious because just this morning I tanked up and calculated the FE by dividing DTE reading (643) by 45. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Not the DTE, the odo was at 642. The day I picked up my car I had done a tankfull and now when I filled fuel, it drank 39.5 lts. So KM driven till date 642 divided by the amount of fuel that was consumed 39.5 lts gave me the FE. The DTE is a real time mileage indicator, it's behaviour changes based on the driving style, so it is not the best method to check FE. Tankfull to Tankfull is the best method.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not the DTE, the odo was at 642. The day I picked up my car I had done a tankfull and now when I filled fuel, it drank 39.5 lts. So KM driven till date 642 divided by the amount of fuel that was consumed 39.5 lts gave me the FE. The DTE is a real time mileage indicator, it's behaviour changes based on the driving style, so it is not the best method to check FE. Tankfull to Tankfull is the best method.
So your odo was at 0 when you did the previous tankful? Or are you talking about the trip meter here? If you are talking about the odo, it should be (642-prev odo reading)/45.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

DTE method is not very reliable, better stick to old reliable tank full to tank full method for computing FE. Take multiple readings and arrive at an average FE figure.
By averaging you reduce major FE influencing factors like abnormal traffic conditions / no traffic conditions, load on vehicle ,road condition etc, this way you will get a fair idea of the FE.

Also keep in mind that new engine have to be run-in properly to get the best output and engine life.

Comparing the average FE figure before 1st service and after that can prove a hypothesis, and it can be statically validated if we have reliable data.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
So your odo was at 0 when you did the previous tankful? Or are you talking about the trip meter here? If you are talking about the odo, it should be (642-prev odo reading)/45.
Opps, I missed that part , the odo was 18Km when I did the previous tankful. Still pretty close 15.7 FE.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:20   #39
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Kishore. Absolutely fantastic choice. Nice colour too, though red is my personal favourite. I know whom to call when I want to drive my favourite hatchback.
Enjoy!

Last edited by Aditya : 27th April 2010 at 19:25.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Opps, I missed that part , the odo was 18Km when I did the previous tankful. Still pretty close 15.7 FE.
What about the fuel that the dealers filled before delivery. Try taking a reading from this tank fill to the next.
Old 27th April 2010, 20:02   #41
BHPian

Hey guzzler, congrats!!

As mentioned in your post that one of the factors you are looking for is that the car should be fun to drive. Does Ford figo meet your requirement in that aspect? Is it really a fun to drive car in comparison to other ford cars or even as compared to the competition like punto or the swift?

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th April 2010 at 20:23. Reason: Please take more care and type using proper punctuation and avoid this.... Thanks
Old 27th April 2010, 21:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
What about the fuel that the dealers filled before delivery. Try taking a reading from this tank fill to the next.
That doesn't matter as long as he filled a full tank at 18 kms on the odo. It could matter only if the dealer filled in adulterated petrol.
Old 27th April 2010, 21:16   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Congrats Kishore. Absolutely fantastic choice. Nice colour too, though red is my personal favourite. I know whom to call when I want to drive my favourite hatchback.
Enjoy!
Thanks! Addy. Anytime you want a ride call me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Not sure how that would matter as I am considering the distance traveled after the first tankful. Anyway, should be able to check the FE at the next tankful pretty soon as I am planning to travel out of town this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
Hey guzzler, congrats!!

As mentioned in your post that one of the factors you are looking for is that the car should be fun to drive. Does Ford figo meet your requirement in that aspect? Is it really a fun to drive car in comparison to other ford cars or even as compared to the competition like punto or the swift?
Thanks! Vroom. Yes it is fun to drive, I had no doubts that Figo would meet this criteria even before the TD. It's a typical ford. Try it out.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:03   #44
BHPian

Got 3M RE50 tints installed for 3.5K on all windows except front windshield. Will see tomorrow, how effective the heat reduction is.

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 30th April 2010 at 20:08.
Old 1st May 2010, 15:59   #45
BHPian

Hi guzzler,

Congrats on the new buy.

Regarding the FE, DTE may not be that accurate. Lokk for tank full to tank full for correct figures especillay in the beginnng. The DTE is built in such a way that based on your usage it starts giving the actual numbers. So initially it would be some default values that is being feeded from the factory

Most Viewed