Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 21:41   #106
BHPian

ohh my god...

did they charge you more than 8k just for the color ?

i am purchasing my car from the same place and i am really disappointed with the way they have charged for labor here.

parts are cheaper and coloring is costly !

should we talk about this with ford customercare ?
Old 26th May 2010, 22:24   #107
BHPian

good one

I don't know details about paint job, but comparing to what Maruti quoted for door painting I undertsnad that the whole thing needs to be painted else its easily visible and going by that the paint cost seems reasonable.

I see that there was bend/damage just below the TDci badge from the pics - is it right ?

The Bumper cost & other repair charges are really cool to know. Except for the rear hatch works, everything else meets/beats Maruti.

There are thing which require more labour and hence cost more - sample this - Maruti 800 hand brake cable replacement labor charge = 3 x cost of cable and is 1/2 day downtime.
Old 26th May 2010, 22:42   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I don't know details about paint job, but comparing to what Maruti quoted for door painting I undertsnad that the whole thing needs to be painted else its easily visible and going by that the paint cost seems reasonable.

I see that there was bend/damage just below the TDci badge from the pics - is it right ?

The Bumper cost & other repair charges are really cool to know. Except for the rear hatch works, everything else meets/beats Maruti.

There are thing which require more labour and hence cost more - sample this - Maruti 800 hand brake cable replacement labor charge = 3 x cost of cable and is 1/2 day downtime.
after going through your post, i feel relieved

if that is what is done with kishore`s Figo, then i feel ford the a very fine job
Old 26th May 2010, 23:24   #109
BHPian

Sad to hear about the damage to the new car. Even though the insurance company paid for it, the charges don't seem to indicate low cost of maintainence.

Can someone please specify the details of the service package that Ford is offering for the Figo?
Old 30th May 2010, 20:46   #110
BHPian

Workmanship seems top quality

The workmanship is really good on the Ford repair. The glossy effect is still retained.

In the comparative photos of the silver coloured car, it seems to me that the part which is repaired doesn't have the gloss of the other parts.

I've noticed that if the paint job is not top notch, it is easy to make out as it gets a matt like finish. This is most noticeable when comparing the same reflection on an adjacent body panel that has not been repaired. Which is one reason I haven't got my tiny scratches fixed (since it is easy to make out that the car has been repainted, on resale, the buyer thinks its been in a bad accident).
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:07   #111
BHPian

Painting charges seem high as also seen in revmaxx's thread. Are labour costs uniform across dealers of a company or will there be variations?
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:39   #112
BHPian

Labour charges seem to be different if you compare my bill with Revmaxx's estimate. Retrofitting charges for front bumper were quoted as 772/- to him and in my bill it's 180 bucks.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:52   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.mathew View Post
I've noticed that if the paint job is not top notch, it is easy to make out as it gets a matt like finish. This is most noticeable when comparing the same reflection on an adjacent body panel that has not been repaired. Which is one reason I haven't got my tiny scratches fixed (since it is easy to make out that the car has been repainted, on resale, the buyer thinks its been in a bad accident).
Anoop, a good paintjob will ensure that the gloss of the paint is retained, even after repainting. Most good paintshops can match the paint so well, that you'd be unable to make out the difference!

If you want to get your car repainted, take it to a good paintshop, and you wont have any regrets.
Old 11th June 2010, 12:43   #114
BHPian

1st Service @ 2800 KM

Gave Panther for first service today. The odo shows 2802 and the SA was kind enough to change the odo reading to 2650 to avoid any warranty issues.

They gave me an appointment of 10 AM but I had to wait almost an whole hour for an SA to be assigned to me. That's really not good.

Apart from general service (estimate of 1240/-), I have asked them to check the boot door lock; after the accident repair, it needs some effort to close. They said they would realign it. Also I don't get the sensor warning when the boot is open in the dashboard, he said he will get it rectified. Asked them for the boot light to be fixed in EXi and they said it is not possible. Quiet crazy since all they need to do is fix and light and additional wiring. Any of the other EXi owners have got this done?

I had my first speedbreaker scrape last week when I had 3 adults sitting in the back and the tyre pressure was a bit low. On the way back increased the tyre pressure to the recommended figures for full load and nothing happened on the same speedbreaker.

Apart from this small niggles, the car has been really fun to drive now that the engine has opened up and is much more smoother.

I'll update the service experience after I get my car back today.

Cheers!!!
Old 12th June 2010, 17:52   #115
BHPian

Probably Ford does not recommend that dealer do that. Exclusive feature of the next variants. Get it done at any non dealer outfit - but get it done without splicing wires.

Yes - the air pressure seems to solve the scraping issues.

And yes, I have been experiencing the opening up of the engine too. Quite fun to drive then where is mild traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Quiet crazy since all they need to do is fix and light and additional wiring. Any of the other EXi owners have got this done?

I had my first speedbreaker scrape last week when I had 3 adults sitting in the back and the tyre pressure was a bit low. On the way back increased the tyre pressure to the recommended figures for full load and nothing happened on the same speedbreaker.

Apart from this small niggles, the car has been really fun to drive now that the engine has opened up and is much more smoother.
Old 12th June 2010, 21:34   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
The odo shows 2802 and the SA was kind enough to change the odo reading to 2650 to avoid any warranty issues.
Hi, the SA changed the odo reading in the job card or in the car (!)? What is the interval for 1st service? Is Ford so strict about this?
Old 13th June 2010, 00:50   #117
BHPian

Just the reading on the jobcard. Someone had mentioned that if it was over 300 km warranty would be an issue.

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 13th June 2010 at 00:53.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:06   #118
BHPian

My Figo TDCi - First Accident

On Sunday, I met with an accident in my Figo. It was a totally unnecessary one.

Anyways, this is how it happened - I was travelling alone very close to my house on Baner Road, Pune, at a speed of 35-40 kmph. An elderly person riding an Activa was going just behind a rickshaw in the left lane of road. I was going to pass the rickshaw without increasing the speed. In an instant, the person riding Activa thought he should overtake, swerved right and hit my left front fender. I think he was not aware of my presence there. See illustration below.

Name:  Illustration.gif
Views: 3002
Size:  11.9 KB

I saw that he was about to get squashed between the Figo and the rickshaw, so swerved right sharply. In doing so, my front right tyre and the rim hit the divider which was not a continuous strip but a series of concrete blocks with one foot gap between each of them.

PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update-tire-rim-damaged.jpg

PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update-fender-dent.jpg

PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update-closeup-fender-dent.jpg

The tire deflated instantly since it was a tubeless tire - the rim was damaged, but surprisingly there was not a single scratch on the right hand side of the car.

I changed the damaged wheel with the spare. The car worked fine but the steering alignment had gone haywire. Then I tried speeding up above 40 kmph and there was a squeaking noise from the front wheel.

I took the car to the service station and showed to the accidental repair section, the SA comforted me and said all the expenses will be taken care by the insurance. We checked the under body of the car. The lower RH side rod was bent and that was the reason for mis-alignment.

PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update-lower-rh-rod-bend.jpg

The insurance surveyor approved the costs for denting of the fender and the rim, tire and the rod replacement along with full check up of the alignment.

I am supposed to get my car by Thursday, will share the scans of the bills.

For members in Pune dealing with Planet Ford, Swargate, please note that all the accident cases are handled by their body shop in Katraj so be mentally ready to travel far out of the city to get your car fixed in case of an accident.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:16   #119
BHPian

@ witwiky

Very sorry to hear about the accident. Two wheelers and Autorickshaw is one of my major concern driving in Pune, you never know from were they might come and end up in front of you.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:22   #120
Senior - BHPian

Oh thats sad! Damn these reckless two wheelers. Maybe you could have just braked hard without swerving & hitting the divider?

I had a close shave yesterday too. Was driving similarly at around 40kmph, when the guy on a Splendor close in front of me suddenly braked hard and stopped right in the middle of the road. There was no vehicle in front of him, so I was puzzled & surprised, braked HARD and stopped just short of hitting him.

It turned out he had stopped to give a lift to a schoolboy who was standing on the side of the road and asking for a lift .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks