Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: My new 2.0L CR TDi Jetta Comfortline - 75,000 km *UPDATE*

Quote:
My question is can I have the same mirror and just have the lens changed and live with the screeching noise or change the whole assembly or the workshop personnel will be able to do something about the noise?
@Deepak,

The screeching noise is mainly because of the improper position of the mirror. I had the same issue when someone closed the mirror forcefully. After careful adjustment the mirrors are back to old self.

The screeching noise occurs if the mirror is stationary while the motor is trying to turn. Try twisting it in the direction of the motor and this may fix that issue.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 18:01   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Deepak,

The screeching noise is mainly because of the improper position of the mirror. I had the same issue when someone closed the mirror forcefully. After careful adjustment the mirrors are back to old self.

The screeching noise occurs if the mirror is stationary while the motor is trying to turn. Try twisting it in the direction of the motor and this may fix that issue.
I have taken delivery after second service. Now the noise seems to have disappeared. I am actually very happy with VW service in Chennai. Will update this thread in a few days.
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:37   #108
Senior - BHPian

@Deepakchan,

Did you give it in Abra or Sundaram Motors?
Old 4th May 2011, 19:15   #109
BHPian

Attn Moderator: Please edit the thread title by appending "30000km update"

Both the services so far have been from Abra Motors only. TVS very recently opened for service.

I called up on April 12th to Abra motors service station to book an appointment for service. But they said there is a waiting period and they could book me only for 21st April. I said I have already done 29.6k and by that time I would've crossed 30k. And the service alarm has already started beeping every time I start the car. They said its not a problem. I asked them to transfer me to the parts dept so that I could verify if a couple of body parts I needed was available. Recollect the indicator that I was talking about in this thread a while ago. And the red reflector lens on the RHS of the black portion of the rear bumper was slightly broken. They had the indicator but this red lens they didn't have. I asked the parts personnel to order the same, as I would be leaving my car on the 21st. He said he will place the order.

After this call, I called TVS and asked if they could get me these parts immediately. If they could, I would leave the car with them. They called me back saying both the parts weren't available. So I decided to stick to Abra motors itself. I called Abra service again on 20th, the day before the appointment, to confirm if the red lens has arrived. They said it had. I was very glad I had confirmed this before leaving for service.

I arrived only at around 1:30pm at the service center. They was just too much traffic to reach there. I was made to wait for sometime as the service advisor has gone for lunch. At 1:45, he had come and started inspecting the car and noted down all complaints I had given. Apart from the 2nd paid service and the two body parts replacement, I had given two complaints. One is when I engage the reverse gear, the left ORVM doesn't re-align to assist parking. Second is, between 120 to 125 km/h I have a feeling the car wobbles. Above that its fine.

Had promised delivery on Saturday 23rd. But due to some personal commitment I couldn't take delivery. Went on 25th same time 1:30pm for delivery. The bill was around 15k. It would've been 11.5k without the body parts though. Immediate thing I checked was the LHS ORVM re-aligning itself when reverse gear is engaged. It was working fine. I had informed the service advisor that I had left my bluetooth speaker in the car by mistake on the sun visor. He remembered that and showed me that it is still there. I was impressed. I had asked if the wobbling is solved, he said yes. Only after I confirmed everything is okay, they washed the car and vacuumed the interior. The bill was made, and payment done. Drove off directly home.

Next day took it to Kalpakkam. There was no wobbling whatsoever that I could find. I constantly kept varying the speed between 100 to 140 km/h and was satisfied that I couldn't find anything.

I just have one issue. I am not sure if it was already there or has cropped up after the service. At 1400 rpm, the engine sound is higher than usual. Lower and higher than this rpm, it is the normal diesel engine sound. It is a little annoying since cruising at 35-40 in 3rd gear or 60 in 4th gear is hovering around this 1400 rpm mark. Can anybody confirm if they have the same in their jetta too? Or if not, what could be the problem!
deepakchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 10:50   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I called up on April 12th to Abra motors service station to book an appointment for service. But they said there is a waiting period and they could book me only for 21st April
Thanks to Polo and Vento, now the waiting period is over a month. Cant they just allocate some space specifically for higher segments.

Quote:
At 1400 rpm, the engine sound is higher than usual.
Will check and let you know.
Old 9th May 2011, 21:05   #111
BHPian

Have any of the Jetta owners come across the Candy White with Vienna Black seats? I am being told by the dealer that Black upholstery is only for the Silver and Heaven Blue. Any truth in his statement?
Old 10th May 2011, 12:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have any of the Jetta owners come across the Candy White with Vienna Black seats? I am being told by the dealer that Black upholstery is only for the Silver and Heaven Blue. Any truth in his statement?
The black upholstery is only for the Silver and Heaven Blue. They used to have optional interior colors where the customer can choose. I wanted to get a White Jetta with Black Interiors. Ended up getting the Heavenblue.

@Deepakchan
Quote:
Will check and let you know.
There is no big difference at 1400 rpm. If you meant that you are mentally trying to change the gears when you hit 60 in 4th gear, then i would agree.
Old 11th May 2011, 14:26   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The black upholstery is only for the Silver and Heaven Blue. They used to have optional interior colors where the customer can choose. I wanted to get a White Jetta with Black Interiors. Ended up getting the Heavenblue.

@Deepakchan

There is no big difference at 1400 rpm. If you meant that you are mentally trying to change the gears when you hit 60 in 4th gear, then i would agree.
I bought my Jetta in 2009 and faced the same issue. Wanted the Candy White with black interior but as that was not available, I had to settle for Reflex Silver.

No problems with the gearshift ( I have the DSG )
Old 24th June 2011, 12:34   #114
BHPian

Re: Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Pardon the quality of pictures. Taken with my phone cam. Have taken a couple of pics from the outside as well will put them in my next post.
Deepakchan - have you ever spoken to your dealership about the discrepancy in illustrations in the manual and the actual system. It seems in CLIMATRONIC consoles the AIR CIRCULATION switch has "A" written on it and has 2 LEDs. Whereas if you see the actual system that has been provided (picture in your post no. 6 ) the AIR CIRCULATION switch that has been provided is a CLIMATIC switch.
Attached Thumbnails
My new 2.0L CR TDi Jetta Comfortline - 75,000 km *UPDATE*-img00036201106231909.jpg  

My new 2.0L CR TDi Jetta Comfortline - 75,000 km *UPDATE*-img00037201106231909.jpg  

Last edited by aghosht : 24th June 2011 at 12:42. Reason: link provided
Old 24th June 2011, 12:35   #115
Team-BHP Support

What you have is probably better, since in that automatic mode it switches to fresh air after 10 mins, and you have to keep putting it back on to recirc again.
Old 25th June 2011, 00:24   #116
BHPian

@ Deepakchan, congrats on your buy & a nice write up. Your experiences with ASSC is re-assuring all aspiring owners of Jetta. The the lone incident with Chevy Beat is really talking about the build quality of Jetta. Thanks for sharing all your experiences. Request you to keep this thread live with your experiences.
Old 26th June 2011, 08:06   #117
BHPian

Any of you fixed the Sun Blind on a Jetta? I had it fixed yesterday (in lieu of free matting which I didnt want as I bought 3D mats) - but I am not very satisfied with the job. Looked like the guys didnt know what they were doing. Any similar experiences?
Old 26th June 2011, 18:14   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
One is when I engage the reverse gear, the left ORVM doesn't re-align to assist parking.
Had the same problem - although mine has not crossed 1500 kms yet. The "technical" advisor engaged the reverse before swithching the ignition and did a series of procedures - now its working fine. On asking he gave a wishy-washy answer on the procedure so cant describe it any more than that - says its electronics after all so may give trouble that cant be expalined - cant believe that it came from a VW technical guy

Also, Deepakchan - you mention that the left OVRM wasnt aligning itself. Query I had was - does the right OVRM also tilt if reverse is engaged?
Old 26th June 2011, 20:21   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Query I had was - does the right OVRM also tilt if reverse is engaged?
>>>

When you engage R, the left side ORVM will angle downwards if the knob on your drivers' door is on 'L' ( and if you have adjusted for the tilt), the right side ORVM is not supposed to tilt down as the car is right hand drive and you as a driver can see on the rhs whilst reversing.

Regards, drive safe
issigonis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 09:56   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

When you engage R, the left side ORVM will angle downwards if the knob on your drivers' door is on 'L' ( and if you have adjusted for the tilt), the right side ORVM is not supposed to tilt down as the car is right hand drive and you as a driver can see on the rhs whilst reversing.

Regards, drive safe
Great. Didnt know there was a way to adjust it. How does one do that? As of now on engaging reverse the OVRM first moves sidesways and then moves downward. Previously (i.e. before the "technician" did his job it used to tilt down w/o moving sideways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks