Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2013, 23:07   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan Micra initial review. EDIT: 3 years of happy ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
But what you say is right, there shouldn't be any rust on a car that is barely 3yrs old. I will check with them when the car goes in for the 3rd service in July.
Hi W.A.G.7,

Rust can attack very quickly if the protection is off and metal exposed. And, I do not think yours is too much to worry as this is just surface rust as of now. The thing is to protect the area with paint at the earliest.

See my experience with a stone chipping with my previous car. The metal was exposed and even the smallest paint chipping initiated rust.

Where exactly is the rust on your Micra? And what could have caused the paint chip? My personal opinion is that the paint quality (though I've not measured, the thickness is what I'm speaking of) is not as good as some other cars.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 10:53   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I have had a pretty good experience here contrary to other's experiences. You should meet Bhushan Naik (SA), who is a good person. His contact no is 9552559518. No other special advise, the service centre is quite good here.
Thank you for the information - I'd already been there by the time you gave me the number, but I shall keep his number in case I need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Are you mentioning about the 6 months/10000kms service? Don't you care about the warranty servicing outside the ASC?
I've changed the headlamps, audio system, and changed the tyre size, all from places other than a Nissan dealer - I'm not the ideal candidate for a warranty claim

The brake pads cost me Rs 1900. Interestingly, the new pads say "Nissan" on them, the old ones had the vendor's logo.
Old 25th May 2013, 16:08   #138
BHPian

Was about to comment saying that the pad change has changed nothing, the brakes are as rubbish as ever, when I discovered that around 68,000-odd Micras and Sunnys are being recalled to replace a faulty master cylinder. Maybe that's the reason for the terrible brakes.
However, the company has no clue which cars are part of the recall, and as usual, my dealer Torrent Nissan has promised to call back but hasn't. Oxford Nissan has said that they'll receive a list by tomorrow, and they will start notifying their customers accordingly.

What worries me, though, is that the Pulse and Scala also use the exact same parts, so do they also have faulty brakes?

Last edited by isodope : 25th May 2013 at 16:10.
Old 31st July 2013, 15:02   #139
BHPian

Anybody having issues getting service appointments for Nissan Micra?

Here in Pune Oxford Nissan has been giving me the run around for over a month saying spare parts are not available. Something fishy is going on.
hsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 15:11   #140
Senior - BHPian

I just completed the 3rd free service on last Saturday. A few more updates coming soon. I will update over the weekend.

In short -
- The car is performing well, No issues at all.
- Nearing 10k kilometers mark a little after 3 years!
- Service experience good so far, nothing extra-ordinary but nothing to complain about.
- They changed the rear brake cylinder (??) in the service saying it was jammed, though I never felt any issues in braking. Also I don't think this replacement was a part of the recall.

Quote:
Where exactly is the rust on your Micra? And what could have caused the paint chip? My personal opinion is that the paint quality (though I've not measured, the thickness is what I'm speaking of) is not as good as some other cars.
The rust is on a small part right side of the bonnet. Where the wiper is attached to the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
Here in Pune Oxford Nissan has been giving me the run around for over a month saying spare parts are not available. Something fishy is going on.
Which part are you looking for? I never faced this issue from them; was your part a major one?

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 31st July 2013 at 15:12.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 16:12   #141
BHPian

Quote:

Which part are you looking for? I never faced this issue from them; was your part a major one?
Just routine service. So i guess all they need are filters. Just gave them a piece of my mind and then spoke with the service manager. Now they are willing to take it in on Monday.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:16   #142
BHPian

Quote:

Production in large capacity is given to the Facelift Micra. Old Micra Active produced only when needed. Also, the first batch of the Micra Active cars sold were nothing but old Micra's rebadged and were also given the smoked headlamps. Even my SA told me that there is some fuss going on.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 1st August 2013, 16:13   #143
BHPian

Quote:

They claimed that the fire in the factory is the reason they're running short. I don't think they can afford to cut down on spares production, we're a major export hub for them.
Old 5th August 2013, 11:59   #144
BHPian

Update on the service: I got it done today morning. Once in there was no fuss they completed the service in about 2 hours.

One thing I have to complement Nissan is about its servicing costs. They are really on the low side. This I am comparing with my other car which is a VW Vento where the annual service costs about 10k!. With the Micra I spend about 1.8k for a regular service every 6 months.
hsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 14:36   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing I have to complement Nissan is about its servicing costs. They are really on the low side. This I am comparing with my other car which is a VW Vento where the annual service costs about 10k!. With the Micra I spend about 1.8k for a regular service every 6 months.
Hey, I got the same cars in your garage; just that mine are diesels. I guess your Micra is a petrol. Which service were you getting done, 1st with labor free? Can you share the splits? Do you have a general service schedule with costs from the service center for the petrol Micra similar to the diesel?
Old 5th August 2013, 20:08   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I got the same cars in your garage; just that mine are diesels. I guess your Micra is a petrol. Which service were you getting done, 1st with labor free? Can you share the splits? Do you have a general service schedule with costs from the service center for the petrol Micra similar to the diesel?
Yes mine are petrol cars. This was a paid service. Here is the breakdown:

Labour: 625
Remote Control Battery: 66.62
Oil Filter - 155.55
Oil (3ltrs) - 698.64

Total with Tax = 1738
hsub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 21:34   #147
Senior - BHPian

After 3 years of ownership, I am happy to report that the car has been absolutely niggle free and has no issues whatsoever. Touch wood. The car has just completed 10,000 kms, and the 3rd free service.

Service cost this time came a bit higher, ~3.5k. They changed the rear left wheel brake cylinder saying it was jammed. I didn't have any problems with braking but still I went ahead and got it changed. I don't think this was a part of the recall. The cost of replacement of this part came to ~600 only so I am not complaining.

Some pictures below, nothing new to report. Apart from the single small patch of rust issue on the bonnet, not even a squeak or a rattle. Also contrary to others experiences, my experience has been quite good at Oxford Nissan. I haven't yet faced any major issues with their service major issues with their service.

Fuel efficiency has been steady 14.5~15.5kmpl on an average with A/C on, in at least 5 out of 6 drives. Neither too little nor anything extra-ordinary. In short I am fully satisfied with the car.

Still looks fresh!!
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-dsc_0381.jpg

Almost stock everything, except for the twin tone horn; nothing else is changed.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-dsc_0378.jpg

Avg. Fuel efficiency reading.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-20130813_202040.jpg

Odometer reading as on today evening.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-20130813_202053.jpg

The brake cylinder which was replaced in my car.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-20130728_180200.jpg

It's a genuine part, but the manufacturing date is slightly older.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-20130728_175812.jpg
W.A.G.7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 16:49   #148
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra initial review. EDIT: 3 years of happy ownership!

Today I got a call from oxford nissan about some silencer coating + windshield coating to be done if I was interested. Cost would come to ~1500/-. What is this coating they were talking about ? Anyone has this experience ?
Old 24th October 2013, 22:11   #149
Senior - BHPian

No new update on the car yet. It's performing as expected. I have realized that it's not possible to get the idealistic advertised fuel efficiency of 18.9 kmpl in the Pune traffic these days. Even if I start early say 8.30 AM it averages out to the same ~15 kmpl ± 1 kmpl. So I have stopped bothering about the fuel efficiency of the car as it comes to ~15.5 kmpl overall. Overall satisfaction quotient = 100%. I love my car. The electric power steering proves to be a boon in the city. The odometer reading is only ~11000 kms. I will post a few more updates and pictures in the days to come.
Old 19th January 2014, 21:15   #150
Senior - BHPian

No new updates. I am entirely satisfied customer of Nissan. The car works without a squeak or a rattle. Not even a minor problem, touch wood. Though it's not driven as much as other cars, what I like about it is that it is 'fill it, shut it, forget it'.

The total running now stands at something ~12,350 kms. It's a pittance as compared to the mileage clocked by other cars on team bhp (in the same time-frame of ~3yrs), but still I am loving it!

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-20140118_195423.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks