Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats sir. Guess this is the first ownership thread of Micra in T-BHP right? Congrats again.

Nice one. I have been wondering why no one gives this. Will be really useful.
Hatch pull down handle is there in i10
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Conngrats WAG7 on your Micra. You are the first and currently the only owner of the Micra in TBHP.
Keep us posted about your experiences with the car.
I backed out from my booking due to some reasons but still have a soft corner towards the Micra.

Has anyone else booked the Micra in T-Bhp?
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the First Micra on Team-bhp. Lovely set of pictures and very well documented as well.

Do enjoy many more miles with the Micra
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

Good headlamp. Notice the wide gap in the bonnet and the bumper.
Attachment 397201
First of a BIG congrats on owning the Micra ( i guess the 1st one here ).
Wanted to check if that wide gap in the bonnet is it common on all micra's or its just in the car which you got.

And yes, how does the U346 sounds, i also have the same HU and i feel it sounds pretty well isn't it.

Keep us all posted .

Cheers
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:26   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the acquisition. That is one nice car you got there. Do frequently update this post with your driving and service experiences so that prospective buyers can make an informed selection.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Man!! Nice looking Micra. But just dont expect it to have the starting TE of the WAG7 and you will be fine

Enjoy your new car!!
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:36   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Micra WAG7, the first one on the forum! Hope she keeps you happy.
So, you didn't get lured by the engine start/stop button, eh?

Anyways, the back seat looks rather flat, almost like a wooden plank!! Hope they are comfy otherwise.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Everyone, thanks for your wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
IMO the rear seats are too bench like, and the steering cover fit and finish could have been better.
Any specific reason you went for 'swift' wheelcaps? Any other mods planned?
Yup, rear seats are flat as pancake, though wide enough and do have some good quality fabric and cushioning. In the 1st servicing I have half a mind to ask him to change them to the one from the middle variant.

The swift wheel caps are just stop gap because Carax didn't have any better designs. Anyway they are there only till I up size the tires and get the alloys. Alloys, seat covers and sun film are planned next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
You mentioned no cigrette lighter is that only on your variant or is that same with all variants.
I think, its the base variant that does without a cigarette lighter/accessory socket. The other two ones have it by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
The rear seats look like benches. Please let us know the rear seat experience. Certain things look bland. I would need to look at the car in person to understand certain positions and fitments.
The rear seats absolutely don't have any under thigh support and no head rests. For in city running this is ok, but for long drivers rear passengers are going to be an unsatisfied lot. Agreed, interiors look dull in grey color but at least the plastic quality is good and they feel built to last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Congrats for the car. But the interiors look bland and dated. The lack of adjustable head rest in the front and back is glaring.The chrome badges missing from steering wheel speaks volumes of cost cutting.
Actually pics don't do much justice, in reality they don't look very dated, but reek of cost cutting everywhere on the base version. If anyone buys the middle variant, then we can have another perspective to the discussion; we all have already seen the top end XV version in pics at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Wanted to check if that wide gap in the bonnet is it common on all micra's or its just in the car which you got.

And yes, how does the U346 sounds, i also have the same HU and i feel it sounds pretty well isn't it.

Keep us all posted .

Cheers
The wide bonnet gap seems to be common. I have seen it on all the cars in the showroom and also on all variants. It's the first thing that strikes you when you look at the car from the front. The Kenwood HU sounds and looks good. Since I am not an audiophile, the current setup is ok for me, don't have any plans to upgrade the ICE system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats on the Micra WAG7, the first one on the forum! Hope she keeps you happy.
So, you didn't get lured by the engine start/stop button, eh?

Anyways, the back seat looks rather flat, almost like a wooden plank!! Hope they are comfy otherwise.
Naah, the top end was priced way out of my reach, so no regrets about loosing the starter button!! Seats are otherwise comfy but are a bit low in height.

------------------------------------------------------------
Today while coming home late from office, it was pouring. The handling and engine response is brilliant. Also the headlights have sufficient power to illuminate the road; even in heavy rains too. But, no anti glare mirrors provided, so the headlight beams of the car behind you, hit you straight in your eyes. Secondly, no interior handle provided for the boot. You have to get down, insert your key and open the lock. Signs of cost cutting, but the good engine and handling are good enough to negate these points. A nimble city handler which Nissan has got in India.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 2nd August 2010 at 23:21.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:29   #24
BHPian

Congratulations W.A.G.7, your car does look rich in it's red colour in the showroom pics, even i am yearning for some proper sunshine these days to shoot some more pics of my beat. Do share your experience further on driving comfort, handling in city and rear passenger experience ahead.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hatch pull down handle is there in i10
Beat is also having hatch pull down handle.
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:00   #26
BHPian

I like the rear seat space, is not cramped. This looks like a very sensible buy, and the car has that slight quirkiness that makes it likeable. Congrats, a good buy.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Updates - 1 week later

Update: 250km mark crossed today. Great driving pleasure, and the engine is fantastic. The car is a real driving pleasure with great performance.

The trip computer shows the FE as 9.6kmpl. Am I seeing things or is the car telling me lies? Since it's a bit too early to judge it on the fuel efficiency front, let the car complete its run in period of 1600km/1000miles. So ignoring what the meter is showing, I am just enjoying the drive.

The Kenwood head unit and speakers sound great and I have listened to some quality music in these 3-4 days.

More pics will be put up on coming Sat/Sunday.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:18   #28
BHPian

Congrats W.A.G.7. Happy motoring.
Any update on A/C
Old 4th August 2010, 23:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic A/C which cools quickly enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Any update on A/C
The A/C is an absolute chiller. Even on the lowest blower speed, you have to direct the vents away from yourself or you start shivering! And no, the A/C doesn't sap the engine of it's power. It has the same energetic response in traffic even with the A/C on.

Back seat benchers have also told me that the cooling is good enough at the rear. No issues on this front, I think, Nissan has got this one equation right!!
Old 5th August 2010, 09:24   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your new car Ketan. Nice to see you here.What components are you using ? I saw a pic of tweeter hence the question.
Btw, we, the pune tbhp gang have lavasa meets/drives once in a while, why dont you join us next time we go ?

Most Viewed