Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 23:40   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra initial review. EDIT: 3 years of happy ownership!

Seems you are pretty happy with the Micra. I am planning to buy a hatch soon and one of the cars I have shortlisted is the Renault Pulse Rxz, since the Micra top end petrol is the CVT. How is the performance on the highway since that is quite important for me?
Old 24th April 2014, 12:56   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Seems you are pretty happy with the Micra. I am planning to buy a hatch soon and one of the cars I have shortlisted is the Renault Pulse Rxz, since the Micra top end petrol is the CVT. How is the performance on the highway since that is quite important for me?
The car is geared for efficiency, not performance. You'll have to wring the engine out for overtaking, but yes, it is satisfactory unless you have a full load - but this is true of everything in the segment except maybe the Swift. The steering is a little light, but if you upgrade the tyres the feel improves quite a bit. The suspension is soft, so it can get uncomfortable at speeds of 100kmph or above if the road is bumpy, but the car's handling is very predictable despite this. Looking at it purely from the perspective of suspension tuning as per highway speeds, there are quite a few cars that have a better setup.
Old 25th April 2014, 13:50   #153
Senior - BHPian

Yes, looks like I am the only satisfied customer of Nissan, on t-bhp. Really happy with everything. Till date the car has not given any trouble as such. Very pleasurable to drive in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
How is the performance on the highway since that is quite important for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
The car is geared for efficiency, not performance. You'll have to wring the engine out for overtaking, but yes, it is satisfactory unless you have a full load - but this is true of everything in the segment except maybe the Swift. The steering is a little light, but if you upgrade the tyres the feel improves quite a bit. The suspension is soft, so it can get uncomfortable at speeds of 100kmph or above if the road is bumpy, but the car's handling is very predictable despite this. Looking at it purely from the perspective of suspension tuning as per highway speeds, there are quite a few cars that have a better setup.
The steering is feather light, which is a boon in the city traffic, but on highways as the speed crosses 100kmph, you have to hold on to it. Even minor bumps are felt hard if you don't control the steering. And as isodope has said, the engine needs to be worked on to get the performance, but the performance is very satisfactory.
W.A.G.7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 19:05   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Yes, looks like I am the only satisfied customer of Nissan, on t-bhp.
Count me in. Completed 3 years of my XL petrol. Also got my loan closed.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 12:38   #155
Senior - BHPian

Petrolrider, congrats! Nice to hear that you have also completed trouble free three years. Regarding my car, well; it's also trouble free until now. I have completed trouble free 4 years in my car. Absolutely no issues nothing; touchwood. The kilometre running is less; it has completed around 17,000 kms in four and a half years. In the 2014 monsoons, there was a slight squealing noise from the brake pads, but that went away when the rains stopped. So I assume it must have been due to the moisture on the brake pads. Anyways the issue is not present, so it's history.

Anyways, I will try and put up some pictures and update the thread soon.
Old 23rd November 2014, 15:06   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, looks like I am the only satisfied customer of Nissan, on t-bhp. Really happy with everything. Till date the car has not given any trouble as such. Very pleasurable to drive in the city.
In January, so will my brother.

The only problem was when his preferred/convenient A.S.S shut down, but he is very happy with his Micra diesel purchase overall and the miles of peaceful smiles it continues to give him (after a torrid time with the Indica Xeta).
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 16:12   #157
Senior - BHPian

Today I got a call from Oxford Nissan. It seems they are recalling the Micra's for checking an issue with the airbags; and my Micra falls in that category (manufactured in 2010). If there is a problem, they will replace the airbags and I think the controller module for free. So, the appointment is scheduled for next Saturday at 10.00AM. I am not even aware of what part is going to be checked. I will post the updates after next Saturday's appointment.

It seems that Nissan is recalling the Micra and Sunny for defective airbags as per the news here -

http://indianexpress.com/article/aut...faulty-airbag/

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report...-india-2029057

Has anyone else got such a call?
Old 29th November 2014, 22:03   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone else got such a call?
There is a thread running on the topic. Please check in. Many have not been called for the replacement.
Old 29th January 2017, 17:12   #159
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra initial review. EDIT: 6 and half years of happy ownership!

A thread update is long overdue, I guess. The main reason for not updating it is that, I have been very busy in other daily activities. And the second reason, is that I was busy driving the car.

Needless to say, it has been working flawlessly. Not a single issue in the last 6 and a half years. Everything works just perfectly. Fill it, shut it and drive it! That's all there is to it. Not even a tiny squeak from any panel or part. Obviously, it's a well put together car, if you forgive the horrid uneven panel gaps everywhere.

Paint quality is superb, over the last 6 years it has not faded anywhere and the original sheen is like it was; when we had got it from the showroom. I have been getting it serviced regulary at Tune up plus and they have been doing a great job. No cause for complain at all.

On the down side, the stock tires are now due for replacement, as the car has done 30,000kms and it's 6yrs now. I do plan to get alloys for all 4 wheels and will update it on the thread as soon as I get them. Mostly, it will happen in the later half of April. As a gift, I will also be changing the seat covers to something better. A lesson learnt here - Never ever go for beige seat covers. They are troublesome to maintain.

Mine is the base XE version which came sans power windows. However, never really felt the need for the power windows in all these years. Also, it came with black handles and mirrors, but I let it remain as it is. Except for a louder twin tone horn, I have not done any other modification to the car. It's very much a stock car, save for the ICE and the horn.

Here are some latest pictures.

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170122_162250.jpg

A biker swiped off the wheel cap and it was too much of a traffic jam to stop and catch him or the wheel cap. No option, but to ignore it and move on.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170122_162300.jpg
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170122_162319.jpg

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170122_162328.jpg

Paint quality is exceptionally good, and has held on well; even though we have not really pampered the car.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170122_162335.jpg
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170122_162347.jpg

Head unit works nicely, but the front speakers now show a bit of distortion at higher values. I guess, it's time for an ICE upgrade too! provided money permits!
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170122_162437.jpg

The gear lever has held quite well, even though the lettering has faded a bit.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170122_162456.jpg

The meter reading as it was a few days back.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-img_20170126_221557_hht.jpg
W.A.G.7 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 10:20   #160
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!

Quote:
Needless to say, it has been working flawlessly. Not a single issue in the last 6 and a half years. Everything works just perfectly. Fill it, shut it and drive it!
Congrats on 6.5 years! You've kept her well.

Agreed on the durability. My Sunny is well past 50,000 km and has held up well. In fact, it's the only non-rattling car in my garage . The engine is tight, peppy & fuel-efficient too.

Quote:
A lesson learnt here - Never ever go for beige seat covers. They are troublesome to maintain.
Even the light grey OEM seats of my Sunny get soiled easily. I just got the interior & exterior detailed.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 00:50   #161
Senior - BHPian

30,000kms in 6.5 years translates to slightly less than 5k kms a year, which is on the lower side as compared to the average running for other cars. However, with two other cars in the family, it can't be helped. Incidentally both cars, are City's (one type Z and one dolphin version 2). If possible, I would try and put a comparison between both of the cars. Both are dynamically different from each other and both have their plus points and minus points. Let's hope time permits, to put up this thread. The Z dates back to 2002, purchased brand new in a different factory made colour and a different engine variant; and the dolphin happened a two years back - purchased second hand dirt cheap. Guess the price - 70k for a 2006 car! The beauty of lateral upgrades really worked!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 4th February 2017 at 00:54. Reason: Added more info
W.A.G.7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 09:37   #162
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Congratulations Ketan on completing 6.5 years. Your car doesn't look old from any angle. I have seen it parked near my house and it is as well kept as your Dad's OHC(that is one of the most well maintained OHC's I have seen). You get an awesome deal on the City ZX. Hope to see the Micra soon with alloys. good luck!
Old 6th February 2017, 08:22   #163
BHPian

I am another satisfied customer of Micra
5.5 yrs 1 lac kms with dci
Touch wood the car is as good as new Truoble free ownership till date
Old 11th February 2017, 00:45   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Needless to say, it has been working flawlessly. Not a single issue in the last 6 and a half years. Everything works just perfectly. Fill it, shut it and drive it!
Congratulations on your tension free 6.5 years of ownership. Wish you many more miles on that odo. Micra is a truly reliable car, its just the shoddy service centers which spoil the owning experience.
Quote:
On the down side, the stock tires are now due for replacement, as the car has done 30,000kms and it's 6yrs now.
Any plan to upgrade them? I replaced the low quality 165/70 Maxxis ones with 175/65 Michelin XM2 after 40k mark.
Old 28th March 2017, 10:19   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupdeb View Post
Any plan to upgrade them? I replaced the low quality 165/70 Maxxis ones with 175/65 Michelin XM2 after 40k mark.
Yes. Upgrade plan is on the cards, mostly in May. Will try and get alloys too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks