Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 00:50   #121
BHPian

re: Nissan Micra initial review. EDIT: 3 years of happy ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Ok, time for the bi-annual thread updation !

Sorry guys, I am too caught up in work and other priorities, to update the thread. But today finally I decided to put in some updates. The car has touched 5000 kms. Not much of running per se, but the car does see some alternate day office commuting. In the coming few months, priorities may change and it will most probably be clocking more kms every year, with a few out station trips thrown in.
I don't know if it's just the enthusiast in me, but I wish you get to drive your car and spend more time with it and of course clock many more miles in it. Would love to see some pictures like the ones you posted above (the anniversary pictures in the lush green backdrops)
Your car is shining after the wax treatment. Any reason why you are parking it on the road side now?
And great to know that your car has been niggle-free till date *touchwood*, which itself will make you love your car more.
jayded is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 14:22   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Would love to see some pictures like the ones you posted above (the anniversary pictures in the lush green backdrops)
Your car is shining after the wax treatment. Any reason why you are parking it on the road side now?
Yes, I do plan to put in a lot of pics soon. Let me see, how fast it can be done.

The reason for parking on the road is that we are renovating our house (flooring, interiors, paint etc.) So now only 1 car can fit inside the compound. The rest of the space is occupied by the material, bricks etc.
Old 19th May 2012, 09:19   #123
BHPian

Hi all, is there an online version of the user manual PDF or other format of the Nissan Micra user manual. Quite curious to learn more about the car as a part of my evaluation for buying my next hatch. Micra diesel is a frontrunner in my list.
Old 19th May 2012, 17:02   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Hi all, is there an online version of the user manual PDF or other format of the Nissan Micra user manual. Quite curious to learn more about the car as a part of my evaluation for buying my next hatch. Micra diesel is a frontrunner in my list.
Here's the link for the same: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2709605
W.A.G.7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 21:27   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quick update - Tomorrow the car will complete exactly 2 years, and today got the 3rd servicing done. I will be posting the exact details and pics later on, but as of now nothing to report. The car has done 6054 kms, and it has been an absolutely trouble free ownership so far, touch wood. Very boring car fill it, get in it, drive it !

I will be updating the details soon, but for heads up, the 3rd service cost came to 2849/-, of which 800/- is for the wiper blades alone If you remove that 800/-, 2049/- for everything in the 3rd service, including a free wheel alignment thrown in; is pretty economical.
Old 17th August 2012, 21:53   #126
Senior - BHPian

This thread has got to be one of the most boring threads on T-bhp. As mentioned in the title, my Micra has completed 2 years of ownership.

Problem points - None so far! The car is literally bulletproof. Absolutely no rattles or squeaks anywhere. The engine is also a gem, no maintenance required at all apart from the regular servicing. Absolutely no problem so far. No unwanted noises, no oil leaks, no loose connections nothing. I have no cause for complaint at all. Everything works as expected without any problems. On and On and On !! Ok, I agree, the car has run on 6.1K so far, so it's a bit early to wholeheartedly say that the experience has been totally trouble free. For the time being, let's take everything with a pinch of salt. Only time and some mileage >20 thousand kms later will we be able to definitely say if the car is totally trouble free.

This car is just like Hero Honda - Fill it, shut it, forget it ! I like it. The peace of mind that I get by such a fantastic maintenance free package is well worth every penny I have spent on this car.

But it's not everything nice. This car has some quirks as well.

This is how the car looks 2 years into the ownership.

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-001.jpg

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-002.jpg

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-003.jpg

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-004.jpg

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-005.jpg

A good polish with collinite 845 and the car shines like new!! I would have said the paint quality is excellent; except check out the last picture.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-006.jpg

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-008.jpg

Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-009.jpg

Interior plastics are of very nice quality and still shine even after 2 years of ownership. All they need is a nice polish.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-010.jpg

I have taken this picture to show, how the A-Pillar obstructs the view of the driver. The camera was held exactly where our head normally would be. The obstructing A-Pillar is a big headache on right curves and turns. And the car you see in front, was one of "the" performance machines After you drive that car, you subconsciously tend to compare the performance of that machine with any other car that you drive.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-a_pillar.jpg

This car has never let me down below approx. 14.9KMPL. Never! Tankful to tankful method has also yielded approx 15KMPL; which means the MID is also pretty accurate. To tell the truth, I have stopped calculating the petrol costs. What's the point anyway? Even if it costs 100/- a litre, I will still buy it and run my car.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-avg.jpg

Odo reading...
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-odo.jpg

Interiors have held up excellently. No loose parts anywhere.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-interior.jpg

Look at the crazy amount of reflection on the dashboard of the car. Especially under the hot sun, it becomes irritating.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-reflection.jpg

Rust !!! What do I do now???
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-rust.jpg

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 17th August 2012 at 21:56.
Old 8th September 2012, 12:59   #127
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7

I will be updating the details soon, but for heads up, the 3rd service cost came to 2849/-, of which 800/- is for the wiper blades alone If you remove that 800/-, 2049/- for everything in the 3rd service, including a free wheel alignment thrown in; is pretty economical.
My friend's diesel micra went for first free servicing at 10k. He was given a bill for 4.5k by the ASC, hardly a free service. Details not known by me right now, but for a perfectly well running car, first free servicing for 4.5k is exorbitant. Any other experiences, gentlemen.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:30   #128
BHPian

Hi Ketan,
I'm a Mumbai resident and have had terrible experiences with the service centres here, so will be bringing it to Oxford to rectify an error. Do you have any advice for me? Any particular person I should insist on meeting?

Do you get lots of front brake pad dust? I've changed my pads already (6 months/7300km) because the brakes lost progression. Tried bleeding the lines, didn't help.

BTW, that engine harshness when you rev it can go away - either use a decent synthetic oil, or add STP's petrol oil additive. The vibes will also reduce at high revs.
Old 16th May 2013, 00:36   #129
BHPian

@WAG7:

Rust on a not more than 2 years old car !

Most of the cars these days come with 5-year paint warranty & corrosion/rust warranty.
Get it rectified for free at Authorized service centre if it happened by itself or by paying charges or under Insurance if it occurred on scratched surface due to an accident.
Old 19th May 2013, 08:35   #130
Senior - BHPian

Firstly very sorry for not responding earlier as I was away from Pune since 5th May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
He was given a bill for 4.5k by the ASC, hardly a free service. Details not known by me right now, but for a perfectly well running car, first free servicing for 4.5k is exorbitant. Any other experiences, gentlemen.
Ouch. 4.5k is costly. I will let you know about my experience when the car goes in for the 3rd free service in July. I am not aware if they have increased the prices recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Hi Ketan,
I'm a Mumbai resident and have had terrible experiences with the service centres here, so will be bringing it to Oxford to rectify an error. Do you have any advice for me? Any particular person I should insist on meeting?

Do you get lots of front brake pad dust? I've changed my pads already (6 months/7300km) because the brakes lost progression. Tried bleeding the lines, didn't help.

BTW, that engine harshness when you rev it can go away - either use a decent synthetic oil, or add STP's petrol oil additive. The vibes will also reduce at high revs.
Well, I have had a pretty good experience here contrary to other's experiences. You should meet Bhushan Naik (SA), who is a good person. His contact no is 9552559518. No other special advise, the service centre is quite good here.

For the brake pad dust, I can't say much because I haven't faced this problem, and also my car has barely clocked any kilometres (~8200 kms in ~3yrs). But if the brakes are loosing bite, then I guess something is wrong with them. Please have them checked here at Oxford Nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
@WAG7:

Rust on a not more than 2 years old car !

Most of the cars these days come with 5-year paint warranty & corrosion/rust warranty.
Get it rectified for free at Authorized service centre if it happened by itself or by paying charges or under Insurance if it occurred on scratched surface due to an accident.
Rust is in that part only. It's not increasing. Only a small patch of rust. But what you say is right, there shouldn't be any rust on a car that is barely 3yrs old. I will check with them when the car goes in for the 3rd service in July.
Old 19th May 2013, 12:19   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I get lots of black brake pad dust every weekend I give her a wash. This is from the front wheels alone where they have got disk brakes. Mine is a dCi and brakes are pathetic in general; the only biggest grouse against the Micra.

Pad change in 6 months?

Last edited by thoma : 19th May 2013 at 12:20.
Old 19th May 2013, 13:06   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I get lots of black brake pad dust every weekend I give her a wash. This is from the front wheels alone where they have got disk brakes. Mine is a dCi and brakes are pathetic in general; the only biggest grouse against the Micra.

Pad change in 6 months?
I don't mind changing consumables of the car - they're reasonably priced. I also tend to drive at the limit every once in a while, which makes the dust/hard brakes problem worse. I've also covered over 7000km, so is okay. Am now trying to find out what other cars' pads are of the same size, so can see if they're better.
Old 19th May 2013, 14:32   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't mind changing consumables of the car -
I've also covered over 7000km
Not that brake pads are not consumable, but 7k kms is way premature. How much did changing the pads cost you?
Old 19th May 2013, 19:30   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Not that brake pads are not consumable, but 7k kms is way premature. How much did changing the pads cost you?
I agree that it is premature, but is a safety issue for me. I don't know how much they cost, since I got my oil changed as well - it was the first service, and it was done by my mechanic, not at the service centre. I'll find out how much they cost and get back to you.

How old is your car, and how many km have you put in?

Last edited by isodope : 19th May 2013 at 19:31.
Old 19th May 2013, 19:40   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it was the first service, and it was done by my mechanic, not at the service centre.

Are you mentioning about the 6 months/10000kms service? Don't you care about the warranty servicing outside the ASC?

Mine is just 3 months old with 3k+ kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks