Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 00:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Seat upholstery looks very good,both design and quality.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:46   #47
BHPian

Congrats StarrySky. Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

One question though: I didn't see coin holder in your drivers seat picture. Have they discontinued it because my MJD E+ does have it.

If they haven't then do ask them to provide it.

-PK
Old 17th August 2010, 10:52   #48
BHPian

Congrats PaddleShifter. I am sorry about the scratch. Do get it repainted and ask them to do a proper job.

In your picture, I am unable to figure out the bottom right side. It looks like the bumper is mis-aligned. (I hope I am wrong). Do please check the car again for any other issues.

Enjoy your ride.

-PK
Old 17th August 2010, 12:02   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats to both Starrysky and Paddleshifter.

Enjoy the car crafted for the true Fiat fan. Paddleshifter do open a new thread for the same.

Bossa Nova White color is pretty fast moving color.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Congrats StarrySky. Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

One question though: I didn't see coin holder in your drivers seat picture. Have they discontinued it because my MJD E+ does have it.

If they haven't then do ask them to provide it.

-PK
They have discontinued the Ash Tray(coin holder for non smokers like me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Congrats PaddleShifter. I am sorry about the scratch. Do get it repainted and ask them to do a proper job.

In your picture, I am unable to figure out the bottom right side. It looks like the bumper is mis-aligned. (I hope I am wrong). Do please check the car again for any other issues.

Enjoy your ride.

-PK
Thanks. It is the Punto badge you are seeing. Even I was confused earlier yesterday so went outside and re checked that it is the Punto logo. See pics below for the same. I'm planning to get a touch up work only at places where the paint has been completely peeled off and metal is visible so that there is no rusting. I'll leave the rest of the area as such because the paint is intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats to both Starrysky and Paddleshifter.

Enjoy the car crafted for the true Fiat fan. Paddleshifter do open a new thread for the same.

Bossa Nova White color is pretty fast moving color.
Thanks. Yes sure I'll come with my own thread as soon as possible. Don't intend to hijack Starry's 90bhp thread.
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - 4 years & 51000 km EDIT: Now sold!-photo0285edited.jpg  

My Fiat Punto MJD 90HP - 4 years & 51000 km EDIT: Now sold!-image_184.jpg  

Old 17th August 2010, 21:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Some observations after about 420km on the ODO:

1. The external RVMs offer good visibility even in the rain.
2. ACC is quite efficient - have to get used to no air being thrown at the face, though
3. When I make/receive calls using 'Blue&Me' the volume suddenly seems to go higher and I always have to bring it down. Is it the same in all E-packs?
4. There is a thud from the rear left while going over smallish bumps at moderate speeds with rear seat unoccupied. From the discussion in the Technical section, I guess this is normal.
5. White is a pain to maintain in the rain!
6. Got a full tank of diesel yesterday, will update the mileage after the next fill. So far, MID is showing 13.5kmpl over 95km after the fill. 100% city, 100% AC.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:54   #52
BHPian

Regarding point 3, there is an external volume setting on the HU. Check the Menu button on HU. Let me know if you need more help.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

I've still not been able to figure out how to change folder from pen drive. I can only change tracks from steering. One way is to open blue and me settings and then select folder from MID. This takes off our focus from the road and thus I don't do it.
4 is normal.
So, far I'm getting 11.5kmpl. 100% city, 100% AC and Av. Speed of 18kmph
Old 19th August 2010, 13:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Fiat Punto Club

Congratulations on your new buy. And I feel that yours is the first Fiat Punto 90 HP on the forum.You're from Cochin rt? So, I do wonder why you chose Hyson motors over the Concorde Motors and RF Motors. Any specific reason?

Btw, I'm sure that you'll fall more in love with your car as you log more and more miles. Happy motoring. Drive her safe

Do keep us updated.

Regards.
Amith
Old 24th August 2010, 12:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Mileage update

The odo now stands at 734km and I have done 410km after my last fuel refill. The MID shows a milegae of 14.0kmpl over the last 410km. Out of the 410km, about 250km(60%) was pure city driving (short trips, lots of waiting at signals etc). The rest was on the Cochin-Muvattupuzha route (about 40km one-way, two lane road in quite good condition with no divider, lots of twists and turns and blind curves, low-medium traffic).

Today morning, the MID showed 13.5kmpl over 370km when I started my Muvattupuzha-Cochin trip. After the 40km trip, the MID showed 14.0kmpl over 410km. Some quick calculations show that the mileage for the trip was about 21kmpl (early morning, low traffic, sedate driving).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Congratulations on your new buy. And I feel that yours is the first Fiat Punto 90 HP on the forum.You're from Cochin rt? So, I do wonder why you chose Hyson motors over the Concorde Motors and RF Motors. Any specific reason?
Thanks Amith. My brother was also trading in his Fiat Uno for a Fiat Linea. Hyson was chosen only because we got a better deal there for the two cars together. My brother and my in-laws are based in Thrissur, so it's a place I visit quite often.
Old 26th August 2010, 15:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Tankful-Tankful FE

The low fuel warning came on today and I filled her up. She took in 39.95 litres (auto cut-off).

FE as per MID:
--------------
Distance: 593.8km
Avg.Speed: 28kmph
FE: 15.0kmpl

FE by manual calculation comes to 14.86kmpl.

The usage included in-city runs of around 260km (44%) and the rest were non-city runs. I say non-city because I didn't have any true highway trips.

All mileage figures are with AC on 100%.

Other observations:
- Enough has been said about the ride quality of the Punto, but I would like to mention it again. It gives me a great chance to execute some low-speed overtaking because most other cars have to slow done much more than I do to negotiate bad patches.
- I did more than 300km on the Muvattupuzha-Cochin route. This route has lots of twists and turns with road going up, turns with road going down, blind curves and what not. I was quite impressed with the Punto's capabilities in tackling this route. The behaviour on the turns is very much predictable and I never felt out of control even in the rain. It was fun lining up the cars on the turns and overtaking them on the following 'straights'!!
- And the trips returned good FE as well. The combined average of the last 3 trips in the route is 19.8kmpl.
- The steering is light enough at parking speeds. I have never had a problem with it. I understand that the steering has been made lighter compared to the FGT version.
- Based on instantaneous consumption figures, the best FE seems to be achieved at just below 2K rpm in 5th gear - that corresponds to a speed of about 75-80kmph. But I need a long highway trip to experiment with different speeds/rpms.
- Rear parking sensor is a boon!!
- I don't know if it's just me, but I'm spotting a lot more Puntos/Lineas on the road after getting my car
Old 26th August 2010, 15:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
- I don't know if it's just me, but I'm spotting a lot more Puntos/Lineas on the road after getting my car
That's a well known disease

I assume you bike a lot and hence a report about handling shows how good the Punto is.

Did you ever feel the need to get better tyres during your drive during rain and the shoot outs at straights ?
Old 27th August 2010, 10:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

One thing I have noticed: Sometimes, when I try to start the car (after waiting for all the warning lights to go off), I am unable to do so - the key doesn't turn. I have to switch off, wait for the warning lights to go off and try again. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I assume you bike a lot and hence a report about handling shows how good the Punto is.
I think you have been "misled" by the bike in the first few pics I posted. I'm not a bike person at all. My comparison was with other hatches that I have driven on the same route.

Quote:
Did you ever feel the need to get better tyres during your drive during rain and the shoot outs at straights ?
No, I didn't run out of grip anywhere. I was actually planning to change the tires as soon as I took delivery, but dropped the plan because I was short of cash. I'm usually a very sedate driver so ambition is unlikely to exceed adhesion anytime soon (copyright Martin Brundle).
Old 27th August 2010, 10:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
One thing I have noticed: Sometimes, when I try to start the car (after waiting for all the warning lights to go off), I am unable to do so - the key doesn't turn. I have to switch off, wait for the warning lights to go off and try again. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned?
NOT AT ALL This is reverse crank prevention system at work. It happens when you unknowingly move the key to slightly more than the ignition on position. It doesnt result in a crank per se but the car won't let you crank it again without turning off and then back on again.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:55   #60
BHPian

good choice

Great choice starsky, would be my choice too if I had to get a hatch. happy driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks