Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 14:00   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fitted new front tyres - MRF ZVTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
May i insist a photo comparison, please!
Sure, but apologies for the poor quality of pictures as they are taken from my 2.0 MP VGA mobile camera.

The MRF ZVTS at the front
Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-photo0218.jpg
The Michelin XM1+ at the rear
Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-photo0219.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 10:29   #302
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond

Friend's yesterday I crossed the 1,45,000 km mark on my odo. Sorry could not take any pictures. In a month's time (10th July to be precise), my car would be celebrating her 10th birthday. Yes I can't believe I have stuck to one car for 10 long years, 145K kms
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 15:24   #303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friend's yesterday I crossed the 1,45,000 km mark on my odo. Sorry could not take any pictures. In a month's time (10th July to be precise), my car would be celebrating her 10th birthday. Yes I can't believe I have stuck to one car for 10 long years, 145K kms
Congrats on the long run. It gives good confidence not to be impulsive about changing rides whenever I get to read the long ownership threads like this. This reassures me about my present and future choice of TATA vehicles especially with the volume of hue and cry against them. Keep running and post a pic of 200k mark.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 22:52   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Congrats on the long run. It gives good confidence not to be impulsive about changing rides whenever I get to read the long ownership threads like this. This reassures me about my present and future choice of TATA vehicles especially with the volume of hue and cry against them. Keep running and post a pic of 200k mark.
Thank you for those compliments Commuter. with you. If your current ride satisfies all your requirements, then there is no point in changing your ride just for the heck of it, even though it is bit old. If taken due care, Tata cars,especially the Indica can go on and on and on. I wish I could run it till 200K but my requirements have changed now. I have six members in my family and I need a bigger car. If I am lucky enough to get a used Innova and able to maintain 2 cars, then there is at least a dim chance of the Indica's odo reaching a double ton under my ownership.
Old 15th June 2014, 23:05   #305
BHPian

Congratulations on your continued long term ownership without any critical fault. I've leached off information from this thread to troubleshoot my Tata Indigo and carried out preventive maintenance.

I've let go of my car at 110000 kms as I got a decent offer and replaced it with a pre owned Fiat Linea.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 23:27   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Congratulations on your continued long term ownership without any critical fault. I've leached off information from this thread to troubleshoot my Tata Indigo and carried out preventive maintenance.

I've let go of my car at 110000 kms as I got a decent offer and replaced it with a pre owned Fiat Linea.
Thank you Dr singh for your wishes and it is my pleasue to know that my thread has been helpful to you in planning your preventive maintenance.
Old 13th July 2014, 18:29   #307
Senior - BHPian

Friends, got tied up last week, hence could not post this on time. On the gone Thursday, I.e 10th July my Indica celebrated her 10th birthday. Wanted to give her a nice wash and click many pictures, but will have to get that done on some other day.

Many of you might be wondering what made me stick to a humble Indica for 10 long years. Definitely it is not one amongst the faster cars on the roads, neither is it a looker. My car too had its fair share of issues and niggles, but not even once it has left me stranded on the road. It has always obeyed my commands like an old workhorse. Be it sun or rain, hot or cold, roads or no roads it is always eager to go. There were many occasions when this thought of replacing it with a more modern, powerful, good looking car would pop up in my mind, but then on questioning what the new car would offer that my current Indica could not and I would struggle to get a satisfactory answer.

Though for my daily office runs, I have no complaints whatsoever from my car. It is only when I have to take my family of 6 on long outstation trips, I feel the need of a bigger and powerful car. By the end of this year, I am sure my Indica will get a big brother in the form of a used Innova else it would be bid farewell if a new Ertiga or Mobilio wins my heart and my wallet.

Six more months and you will get the answer at this very same place.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 00:16   #308
Senior - BHPian

Tonight while driving down from office to home, my car's odometer reached this magical figure. Yes it is a century and a half of trouble free service, touchwood. Don't know what the odo would read like when it is time to bid adieu to my car. Till then will keep on driving it.

Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond-img_20141006_233026.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:21   #309
BHPian

I have gone through this thread many times, AutoIndian and its been an Amazing experience. Shows that reputations count for nothing and if you love and properly maintain your car, it will never let you down.

Parting with it will be hard, and I hope you will keep it, if finances and space allows you to do it.
quadbike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 16:34   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
I have gone through this thread many times, AutoIndian and its been an Amazing experience. Shows that reputations count for nothing and if you love and properly maintain your car, it will never let you down.

Parting with it will be hard, and I hope you will keep it, if finances and space allows you to do it.
Absolutely I have taken due care of my car and each time she has reciprocated positively. Finances is not an issue, however parking space is. If the Indica gets its big brother, Innova then obviously, it will take the reserved parking in my apartment and the Indica will have to be parked outside on the road. If I get comfortable with the Innova for my daily office commutes, then with a heavy heart I will have to bid adieu to my Indica.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 09:45   #311
BHPian

Quote:
If the Indica gets its big brother, Innova then obviously, it will take the reserved parking in my apartment and the Indica will have to be parked outside on the road. If I get comfortable with the Innova for my daily office commutes, then with a heavy heart I will have to bid adieu to my Indica.

I keep reading your updates and with the new Aria being priced a lot lower maybe you can give the Aria a look!

Cheers!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 13:53   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
I keep reading your updates and with the new Aria being priced a lot lower maybe you can give the Aria a look!

Cheers!
Thank you Shashi for the recommendation. I have considered the Aria as well, but it seems to be a very bulky car. It tips the scale at 2145 kilos compared to 1675 kilos that of Innova. This means Aria is heavier than Innova by 470 kilos, too much of a bulk to carry. Moreover the turning radius of Aria is 5.6m whereas that of Innova is 5.4m. The last row seats of the Aria seem to be cramped compared to the Innova. The biggest factor is reliably. Aria can never come closer to the Innova on that aspect.
Old 10th October 2014, 09:42   #313
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond

Quote:
Tonight while driving down from office to home, my car's odometer reached this magical figure. Yes it is a century and a half of trouble free service, touchwood. Don't know what the odo would read like when it is time to bid adieu to my car. Till then will keep on driving it.
I had prayed to God, let my car give me trouble-free service at least for 150K kms or 10 years, whichever is earlier. The 10 year milestone was reached on 10th July 2014 and now the 150K milestone has been crossed on 7th Oct 2014. Every additional day or kilometer in my car will be like a bonus from hereon. I am planning for the 150K service over this weekend. It would be a regular oil change service. I was contemplating on getting the rear shock absorbers changed. No complaints as such, but with three passengers on rear seat, the car does tend to bottom out. Will keep you posted.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 22:32   #314
BHPian

Two thumbs up for the mileage you put on your car and the detailed thread!

'bd'
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 00:53   #315
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica DLX - 150,000 kms & beyond

Congratulations on reaching the TWO milestones. I would like to hear from you, the reaction of the service centre guys after they see the numbers on the ODO. I wish and pray that you may continue to have trouble-free ownership for many more miles and many more years.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks