Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2010, 11:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Chethan. That's nice to know. From my point of view the odd size tyres and the ICE are the only things that need to be upgraded, and whenever my own arrives, will probably do the same!
Old 27th November 2010, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Congrats Ventoman so finally you are a proud owner after a long wait . Wishing you thousands of happy miles and car looks great !!

Somehow very few Ventos are visible in Bangalore maybe delayed delivery is reason for it. Yours is highline ?
Old 27th November 2010, 13:46   #18
BHPian

Congrats ventoman on your new Vento, It indeed looks very elegant. Have fun and drive safe.
Old 28th November 2010, 09:27   #19
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congrats VentoMan! I will be glued to this thread. Hope to get a real feel of owning a Vento-Tdi from you!
Chethan,
I'd be honoured if that happens, as I am inspired by your fantastic Polo thread and hoping to post similar details on this vento thread.

Quote:
Michelin tyres have soft side walls. This improves ride quality, but can get damaged/torn very easily due to bad roads. Please take care. VentoMan - Witson is a good choice!
Exactly what my tyre dealer told as well.
I am now going through potholes and bad roads with extreme care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Congrats Ventoman ... Yours is highline ?
Yes. Mine is a highline.

All,
I now have one confusion. As the car is 10 days old, I have taken off all the plastic sheets protecting the seats.
I wanted to go for Leather seats originally. But after reading a few Polo threads by Chetan, Poloman, I decided to use the OEM seats for a while before upgrading to leather.
Now my dilema is that, does the OEM seats need some sort of protective covering or can I let it be as it is. Please note that I have a 2 year old daughter.

Last edited by ventoman : 28th November 2010 at 09:31.
Old 28th November 2010, 10:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I wanted to go for Leather seats originally. But after reading a few Polo threads by Chetan, Poloman, I decided to use the OEM seats for a while before upgrading to leather.
Now my dilema is that, does the OEM seats need some sort of protective covering or can I let it be as it is. Please note that I have a 2 year old daughter.
3M Scotch guard used to be available long back. This, once applied - would not let liquid get absorbed by the seat cushion (for a short while, till we wipe it). I could not find it any-where recently. You can try.

Children now a days wear sanitary pads. That should take care of the seat. IMHO, do not worry too much about keeping the seat clean. Children, until they grow-up are Children! Once in 2 months, you can shampoo the seat (use a wet vacuum cleaner). If it gets too bad, upgrade to leather.
Old 28th November 2010, 12:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ventoman, your Vento looks good. Congrats!

More pictures of the exterior and interior would have been nice.

I would recommend putting seat covers on your Vento if you have already removed the plastic wrap. The Livon upholstery on the HL is very good, in fact so good that any stain or anything on it becomes instantly visible. I found the Livon upholstery to be too rich for the likes of the average Indian Joe and his family.

We have got the Beige Polo seat covers for our Polo. They are good but they tend to pick up colour from fabric like jeans, etc. after some time. However periodically wiping it with a wet cloth solves the problem.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:35   #22
BHPian

Thanks guys for your recommendations.
I have decided to go with Chethan's recommendation of using the seats as it is for few months. I'll upgrade to leather seats when they get unmanageable.
Old 2nd December 2010, 20:08   #23
BHPian

More pics

Adding some pics

Exterior
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0042.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0043.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0045.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0046.jpg

Something I got from UK for £6

Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0047.jpg
Interior

Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0048.jpg

This was bought from Metro for Rs.350/-. Made by Stanley!

Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0049.jpg
All plastic covers removed..now interiors are shining with beige

Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0050.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0051.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0052.jpg

FE update to follow shortly.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2010, 20:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ventoman. Nice pics and reviews.

Wish you miles of happiness.

Good decision to use the seats as they are for the time being, get them drycleaned next year and then get a new set of seat covers.

Take care and drive safe

Gaurav
Old 2nd December 2010, 20:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pictures! Your car interiors looks fab!

Congrats - Keep it coming!

Have you by any chance changed head lamps?
Old 2nd December 2010, 20:46   #26
BHPian

Great treat to the eyes. Awesome pictures. Congrats on your new Vento.
Old 3rd December 2010, 00:01   #27
BHPian

Wonder how I missed your thread for the last one week!!

Now these are tempting pics. Very happy to see that you got her *finally*. Wonder when I will be getting mine.

Why are you keeping sun films and rear spoiler for later. Do it soon and post more pics. Also, take her for some long drives this weekend so that we could get more detailed updates from you

I have a different perspective when it comes to leather seats (and sun film and spoiler too). If you anyway have plans to put them all, then why not do it now rather than waiting for more time. You could use it and enjoy it for more time. It would look splendid with those

Few ques -
1. Surprisingly, you put handrest in "What you like" section. Did you find it comfortable or did you get used to it?.
2. Did you feel any difference in handling and ride quality after the tyre change?
3. How did you feel about the head lamps in the night, esp highways, if you got a chance to take her out.

Keep writing. Like Chetan mentioned, a lot of us are waiting for a lot of action on this one.
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:33   #28
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Good decision to use the seats as they are for the time being, get them drycleaned next year and then get a new set of seat covers.
Thanks for the tip Gaurav.
Quote:
Have you by any chance changed head lamps?
No not yet. would be changing to Philips Xtreme power sometime soon. (one more thing picked up from your thread )

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Why are you keeping sun films and rear spoiler for later. Do it soon and post more pics. Also, take her for some long drives this weekend so that we could get more detailed updates from you
Sunfilms are slated for sometime soon before end of this month..Year end work pressure and a house move are not letting me go out on the weekends.
Rear spoilers will be done sometime later, as it requires leaving the car for 24 hours at the workshop. Dont want to part from her for that long yet!
Few ques -
1. Surprisingly, you put handrest in "What you like" section. Did you find it comfortable or did you get used to it?.
Yes its a big boon. Especially in the city wherein you may have to change gears frequently. I tend to rest my hand on it and hold the gear knob which is an extremely comfortable position.
2. Did you feel any difference in handling and ride quality after the tyre change?
Had the stock tyres for a couple of days. A big difference felt straightaway after the upgrade. No road noise..very smooth handling over pot holes and very very comfy ride. But the tyres I own have soft sidewalls. Hence I need to take on the bad roads with caution.
3. How did you feel about the head lamps in the night, esp highways, if you got a chance to take her out.
Needs an upgrade, especially on poor lit roads.
Keep writing. Like Chetan mentioned, a lot of us are waiting for a lot of action on this one.
Yes Mate..will do and put all experiences, good or bad, on this thread
@Motorhead, I've answered all your queries in bold above.

Last edited by ventoman : 3rd December 2010 at 11:38.
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5
Sunfilms are slated for sometime soon before end of this month..Year end work pressure and a house move are not letting me go out on the weekends.

Once you are done with the Sunfilms, interiors will look & feel different. You may feel that the interior is less roomy, because of the decrease in lighting.

Rear spoilers will be done sometime later, as it requires leaving the car for 24 hours at the workshop. Dont want to part from her for that long yet!

This is how the spoiler is installed: First the place to be fixed is marked. Than the paint in the marked area is scrapped. Then the spoiler is fixed with a double sided 3M adhesive sticker. (Yes. It is only stuck & not screw fitted)

If in case somebody steals the spoiler as people steal the Logo's, the scrapped portion looks so bad that you will be left with no other option, that to buy another spoiler.

Had the stock tyres for a couple of days. A big difference felt straightaway after the upgrade. No road noise..very smooth handling over pot holes and very very comfy ride.

Tempting!!
VentoMan - My intention is not to scare you. Just thought of giving you the information.
Old 4th December 2010, 01:54   #30
BHPian

Hey Ventoman!
Congrats on the new buy. The car looks amazing.
By the way, I think I saw your car last weekend (not sure)
I saw a white Vento coming down the Mayuri Restaurant off New BEL Road.
You mentioned Mattikere, so am guessing it was you!

Regards,
Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks