Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 21:38   #1
BHPian

Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

How the journey started
After 10 years in overseas, I packed my bags and returned to Blr in the end of Feb. Straightaway, the hunt for a new sedan started. I had been using only petrol cars so far and hence wanted an Oil burner this time.
Stopover 1
Test drove Dzire, Manza, Linea, Verna, ANHC in the mid of March and god knows why, felt that Dzire was the compromised best bet, except for its rear looks. So went ahead and booked Dzire by Mid March. 6 months waiting period suited me, as I needed a car only by end Oct.
Stopover 2
Few busy weeks passed by, but something inside me was crying out loud that I didn't choose the right car yet..so the hunt resumed in mid may and we decided to go in for Linea this time!. In the meanwhile, by June mid, my Dzire was ready for delivery. Resisting the temptation of owning a MJD engine, I cancelled the booking. We were certainly going in for Linea by then. However, I wanted to go in for 1.6 MJD or T-Jet petrol or the Punto Sports MJD, whichever of it gets launched first. Plus I didn't need the vehicle till end Oct. So the wait continued.
Stopover 3 - Destination changed
As a complete twist in the tale, I bumped into threads about Vento and its launch on 6th July. The specifications speculated were too good to hear and sounded like a dream come true. The launch confirmed the speculations were true and I was swayed by the "wind". On 22nd July, I made a booking for Vento without knowing its price nor seeing it in flesh.
The final lap
The ideal pricing by VW and fantastic review by GTO lured me towards Vento. I confirmed the booking immediately. The waiting period was however unbearable that I signed up for a month's business trip to UK. It was my routine to call the SP twice in a week and ask him about the delivery. He was firm and did not commit a date. Came back from the business trip by end october and the first stop was at VW palace cross. They did not have a date for me even then.
Had to give them a piece of my mind and eventually they asked me to come by first week of Nov for a confirmed date.
With great anxiety, I walked into the showroom on 02.Nov and was told that I could expect my vehicle by 15-20th Nov. Whoa!..at last.Made the necessary payments and started planning for the actual delivery.
Delivery
SP called me on 11th and told me that the vehicle had reached their stockyard and they could get the vehicle registered on 15th and get it delivered by 16-17th. 13-14th was the longest weekend that I would ever remember. Every moment was a pain to pass through.
On 15th morning went to the showroom and there she was, fresh and beautiful. Did my PDI there and the SP then sent the papers for registration. In the meanwhile, I convinced the SP to deliver the vehicle on the same day. I knew I was pushing him hard, but it was worth a try. Voila to my surprise, he succumbed to it and asked me to come back by 18.00 hrs for the delivery.
Me and Wife were in the showroom promptly and then finished off the delivery formalities quickly. Gifted the SP a nice watch and finally, finally got the keys.
The first ride
Words cannot explain how I felt in that first ride. The days and hours spent in finalising the car and the painful wait that followed, all vanished in that 15-20 minutes ride. I was all smiles until we reached home and had to switch her off.

First few days
The car is still growing into me each day and with each ride, I am getting to know her more. So far I have clocked close to 500kms in all including - B2B traffic in silk board, ORR , cauvery theatre, mathikere etc. The last few days she's only going through my usual commute from home to office, which includes 5-6kms on slightly bad roads, followed by Nice road from Bannerghata road to EC. I have touched 120-130 so far in the Nice road but never let the RPM cross 3k. I think I am getting a FE of 15km/l with 30% AC. Filled up the tank to do a proper FE test. I'll post the FE results later.

Overall ->
What I liked
Great pickup.
Buttery and Slick gearshift.
Light steering.
Completely customizable driving position (with seat and steering adjusters).
Handling.
AC.
Boot opening with remote.
MID.
Hand rest.
ICE and window controls are powered from the battery directly and operate even without keys.
5th gear operates at 1400rpm and 60kmph. So you can guess how much power is left in this beast!!
Gear recommender is quite accurate.
Interior illumunation in the night.
Huge Glovebox.

What I didn't like
Lack of USB/Aux.
Rearview mirror is completely useless. ( Side mirrors do a good job though)
Manual locking.

Upgrades Done
changed stock tires to Michelin Primary LC 195/60/R15 and Spare to Yokohoma 185/70/R14. There were lots of discussions about this in the official test drive thread. But I decided to adhere to my tyre dealer's recommendations.

Planned upgrades
Immediate
3M CR70 for front windshield
3M RE35/RE50 for side and rear.
Witson HU. Thanks to Ankit(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2108008-post5.html) for his bold move. I am getting my HU through my friend by end of next week.
Later stage
Front speakers
Rear Speakers
Amp and Sub
Trunk Spoiler
Leather Seats

Pics as below
Attached Thumbnails
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0024.jpg  

Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0029.jpg  

Last edited by ventoman : 25th November 2010 at 21:49.
Old 25th November 2010, 23:57   #2
BHPian

Excellent figures. Please post or PM me details of the HU if you don't mind. Drive safe and enjoy your ride. Congratulations!
Old 26th November 2010, 09:51   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the white Vento. Looks very elegant.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Vento.
Old 26th November 2010, 10:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for being a Ventoman at last. Are you sure that the HU unit fits nicely with the rest of the dash with respect to the quality? Also, would it have pre-outs for connecting amplifier?
Old 26th November 2010, 12:30   #5
BHPian

Thanks anilkalvani, nkrishnap, srishiva for your wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Excellent figures. Please post or PM me details of the HU if you don't mind. Drive safe and enjoy your ride. Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Congrats for being a Ventoman at last. Are you sure that the HU unit fits nicely with the rest of the dash with respect to the quality? Also, would it have pre-outs for connecting amplifier?
Please refer to AnkitPrashar's polo thread - pages 1 & 2 for details of the HU.
Polo and Vento share the same HU and hence I am more than confident that Witson would fit fine on Vento as well.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-6-polo.html
Old 26th November 2010, 12:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Vento. She does look stunning.

Wishing you a many happy miles with her
Old 26th November 2010, 19:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Vento.

IMHO, VW Vento looks best in white. So, I say that you've made a right decision regarding the color

Please keep us updated as you do the remaining upgrades, I mean the ICEing the car.

Wish you many many happy miles with the car

Last edited by Klub Class : 26th November 2010 at 19:46. Reason: Removed a smiley
Old 26th November 2010, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ventoman! Your new Drive looks lovely! Hope you have good after sales service.

I see many Fiatians wishing you as I am sure the Vento has won hearts of all FIATians too!
Old 27th November 2010, 09:28   #9
BHPian

Thanks sachinj12, Klub Class and funkykar or your wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I see many Fiatians wishing you as I am sure the Vento has won hearts of all FIATians too!
Even I am a FIAT fan and hence I am even more happy.
I think Fiat Linea T-Jet and Vento TDI are the 2 best releases of 2010. When T-Jet was launched (close to my Vento's delivery date), I would it very hard to resist the temptation of going across the road and buying a T-Jet.
Adding some more pics
Interior illumination in the night
(apologies for the poor quality)
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0031.jpg

I am almost 6ft tall and after adjusting the driver's seat to my comfortable position, the leg space on the rear is very comfortable and as below.
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0034.jpg
Old 27th November 2010, 09:42   #10
BHPian

Congrats ventoman.

Superb car. Enjoy the ride and do keep us posted.
Old 27th November 2010, 09:42   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Ventoman.. Your car is simply looking great.. Please keep the thread updated when you install the sun films. Waiting to see the front windscreen films.

Waiting eagerly for my beast..!!!

Cheers.!
Old 27th November 2010, 09:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. Looks great in white IMO, not to mention that beautiful engine which is always going to thrill you. Enjoy. Cheers
Old 27th November 2010, 11:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats VentoMan! I will be glued to this thread. Hope to get a real feel of owning a Vento-Tdi from you!
Old 27th November 2010, 11:23   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Ventoman, congrats on your beauty! I suppose your tyre upgrade and HU change will void your warranty. Please post more pics!
Old 27th November 2010, 11:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey Ventoman, congrats on your beauty! I suppose your tyre upgrade and HU change will void your warranty. Please post more pics!
Witson HU should not create any problem with warranty - Since it is a one:one replacement, both electrically and physically. Nun of the wires are tampered with.

AFAIK, replacing tyres will not effect warranty. But changing from Steel to Alloys or Visa-Versa can effect, since it can change the load on the hub/bearings.

Michelin tyres have soft side walls. This improves ride quality, but can get damaged/torn very easily due to bad roads. Please take care. VentoMan - Witson is a good choice!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 27th November 2010 at 11:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks