Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 22:07   #91
BHPian

re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Ventoman, Hows your experience so far?. Any issues with the car?. I saw some folks reporting certain issue related to alignment and gear noise. So a little concerned these days :(
Old 7th January 2011, 09:41   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@anuragn and others- I think the safety aspect (easy exit in case of emergencies) is the reason for the "strange" central locking arrangement. Having to wait for the driver to unlock you is a little demeaning (and in some cases, dangerous!) Having said that, when I am driving, I prefer keeping everything locked till I am in a position where I can safely dislodge passengers. Too often people not too used to riding in a car will open the door before it's come to complete stop or with some other vehicle dangerously close behind.
+1 to that.
And if you consider an urban family, the wife and child (as long as under 3-4 years) are usually spotted in the front passenger seat. For me, this is the bigger concern, as we have to keep an eye on our kid to not open the door. This is more worrying to me than the one off emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Ventoman

And the next thing you should get is the chrome trims for the pillars

Will PM the link so it does not disturb the forum policy as the site sells accessories.
Thanks VW2010. Looking forward to the details from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Ventoman, Hows your experience so far?. Any issues with the car?. I saw some folks reporting certain issue related to alignment and gear noise. So a little concerned these days :(
No alignment issues for me, as I got the alignment done after 1k due to Michelin tyre upgrade. The next alignment too is around the corner at 5k.
Could you please elaborate on the "gear noise"? Are you referring to the noise that comes out when gear shift is done with clutch halfway?
Old 7th January 2011, 13:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks VW2010. Looking forward to the details from you.
Hi Ventoman,

I tried looking into the site yesterday. Unfortunately Vento is yet to be listed for the chrome trims. Will check local places if they can do similar trims. But the Chrome just adds beauty to the white car with some dark shades.
Old 7th January 2011, 14:10   #94
vcx
BHPian

All Vento Men,

Have you observed if ORVM's are power foldable ?

Considering driving in City tarffic with auto's two wheelers etc, does the ORVM felx backwards if hit by overtaking twowheelers ?

When in Driver seat, did anyone came across that the width is less? felt the legs do hit the center console are( I am 5'10").

How good are bad the headlamps in low and high beams? Role of Fog lamps?

Last evening I was driving back home and saw a Vento(black) in traffic few cars before me. The sight was from behind and the lights etc made me thinks its skoda superb, but a little colser, I see its Vento.

The brake lamps have suttle design elements which makes the cars look a bit wider and curvy in dark, let me know your observatsions.

New Jetta(2011) is just same as Vento in design aspect , would obviosuly vary on dimensions, features, engine to ask customers that Rs.5-8 L more!. But that , make me think going forward Vento could have possible options to add soem features with VW coming out with similar design paltform( even ORVM, look the same b, but with run on indicators)
Old 7th January 2011, 15:39   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
All Vento Men,

Have you observed if ORVM's are power foldable ?

Considering driving in City tarffic with auto's two wheelers etc, does the ORVM felx backwards if hit by overtaking twowheelers ?

When in Driver seat, did anyone came across that the width is less? felt the legs do hit the center console are( I am 5'10").

How good are bad the headlamps in low and high beams? Role of Fog lamps?

Last evening I was driving back home and saw a Vento(black) in traffic few cars before me. The sight was from behind and the lights etc made me thinks its skoda superb, but a little colser, I see its Vento.

The brake lamps have suttle design elements which makes the cars look a bit wider and curvy in dark, let me know your observatsions.

New Jetta(2011) is just same as Vento in design aspect , would obviosuly vary on dimensions, features, engine to ask customers that Rs.5-8 L more!. But that , make me think going forward Vento could have possible options to add soem features with VW coming out with similar design paltform( even ORVM, look the same b, but with run on indicators)
OVRM's are not power fold able. They are also bit tight and takes some muscle to fold it. Guess, this will prove to be a big problem when tackling city conditions.

Yes, I did find the width to be bit less. Am 5'11" and my legs do hit the centre console. But since the seat is well placed, I didnt take this seriously.

Lights isnt bad considering the OEM output. Since I drive my Swift (projector lights with HID's) often, I do find Vento's light low.

Vento got an excellent tail light design. Makes it stand out. The flowing front windshield makes the car feel bit longer.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:29   #96
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
OVRM's are not power fold able. They are also bit tight and takes some muscle to fold it. Guess, this will prove to be a big problem when tackling city conditions.

Yes, I did find the width to be bit less. Am 5'11" and my legs do hit the centre console. But since the seat is well placed, I didnt take this seriously.

Lights isnt bad considering the OEM output. Since I drive my Swift (projector lights with HID's) often, I do find Vento's light low.

Vento got an excellent tail light design. Makes it stand out. The flowing front windshield makes the car feel bit longer.

Thanks Naveen, the query about ORVM's is to try and shy away from VW's spares in an event where ORVM gets a hit and found on some ill maintain cars they just hang like dead rat.

Considering many are still are yet to be fully conversant with VW's spare costs etc the Showroom folks do hint by stating its VW so expect them to bit pricey.

However, the sales guy has promised me to share the spare pasrt cost list ( from what ever he could) and usually services costs( ball park of Rs4-6k as told by Showroom in Hyderabad.
Old 11th January 2011, 00:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
No alignment issues for me, as I got the alignment done after 1k due to Michelin tyre upgrade. The next alignment too is around the corner at 5k.
Could you please elaborate on the "gear noise"? Are you referring to the noise that comes out when gear shift is done with clutch halfway?
Read some user reviews at Carwale - VW Vento - Ownership Experience - Page 28 | Buying a Car | Car Forums - CarWale

Folks were talking about alignment, gear noise and recently some suspension issues..
Old 11th January 2011, 00:30   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Ventoman, I saw some folks reporting certain issue related to alignment and gear noise. (
The gear noise issue is with our Vento (white Highline Tdi received on Dec 15th, just done 750 km). I am planning to open a separate thread on it, if it is not resolved soon..
Old 11th January 2011, 08:06   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Read some user reviews at Carwale - VW Vento - Ownership Experience - Page 28 | Buying a Car | Car Forums - CarWale

Folks were talking about alignment, gear noise and recently some suspension issues..
Thanks for the link.
(Touchwood) I dont seem to have any of these problems so far.

Btw, My car is now approaching 4k kms. Last weekend, went on a drive to Yercaud. Uphill drive was a breeze in 3rd gear with 4 adults, 2 kids and boot full of luggage. Only on a couple of steep hairpin bends, I had to resort to 2nd gear. Overall the car was such a pleasure to drive!.

Adding a few photos taken in the hotel parking lot.

Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0224.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0233.jpg
Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline-dsc_0234.jpg
Old 11th January 2011, 12:34   #100
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Thanks for the link.
(Touchwood) I dont seem to have any of these problems so far.

Btw, My car is now approaching 4k kms. Last weekend, went on a drive to Yercaud. Uphill drive was a breeze in 3rd gear with 4 adults, 2 kids and boot full of luggage. Only on a couple of steep hairpin bends, I had to resort to 2nd gear. Overall the car was such a pleasure to drive!.

Adding a few photos taken in the hotel parking lot.

Attachment 481406
Attachment 481407
Attachment 481408

Good snaps, btw did you find any loss in power with a/c on ?

Overall how is drive on straight lines and uphills, what abt the braking?, heard some talk about soft suspension do you have similar observations.

Lastly, how good is the turning radius compared to Ford IKon or other cars you have driven?
Old 11th January 2011, 13:35   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Good snaps, btw did you find any loss in power with a/c on ?

Overall how is drive on straight lines and uphills, what abt the braking?, heard some talk about soft suspension do you have similar observations.

Lastly, how good is the turning radius compared to Ford IKon or other cars you have driven?
Let me answer your questions from my point of view.

Absolutely no power loss when A/C is switched ON. Atleast, I didnt notice this.

Drive is awesome. No problem on straight lines and uphills. Managed to overtake others with ease. That too in 5th gear.

Suspension is really soft. Some people didnt like this setup.

Since I drive Ford Fiesta and Swift, I find the turning radius to be very bad. I kinda struggle to take the Vento out of my garage when other cars are parked.

This is after running my car for 3000 kms in exactly one month.

I shall update my thread with my observations.
Old 11th January 2011, 14:08   #102
vcx
BHPian

Quote:

Drive is awesome. No problem on straight lines and uphills. Managed to overtake others with ease. That too in 5th gear.

Since I drive Ford Fiesta and Swift, I find the turning radius to be very bad. I kinda struggle to take the Vento out of my garage when other cars are parked.

This is after running my car for 3000 kms in exactly one month.

I shall update my thread with my observations.

Thanks Naveen,

I want check my observation on the truning radius since I drive Ford Ikon, the turning radius and razor sharp handling of Ford has grown on me. Which is want I find lacks on Vento and also on Most of the Fiat stable

Look forward to hearing your observastions ( highs and lows)
Old 11th January 2011, 14:13   #103
BHPian

Quote:

I too agree with Naveen's observations on A/C, drive and suspension.

However on the turning radius, I find Vento to be very good, as I have upgraded from an Esteem. I wont be able to comment on this in comparison with Swift and Fiesta.
Old 11th January 2011, 14:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Never thought of any upgrades with Baleno doing a good job...Vento specs with a deal winner diesel option is tempting, but...

When checked with VW office in Chennai to inquire about Vento, I was told that they had temporarily stopped taking the bookings for Vento & the last stage bookings were scheduled for End 2011 delivery.....He indicated that VW has plans to ramp up the production & will get the status of any improvement in deliveries only by March 2011.

My other hope is Etios Diesel, If they can just pass the diesel engine that is currently in Altis without tweaking that would be great. Already the petrol versions of Etios seems to be in the range of 5 months delivery frame, could not imagine the time they take to deliver the diesel version, esp if priced competitively

Fiesta is one good option with all the safety features but.... (an upgraded version is due right? )
Old 11th January 2011, 14:28   #105
BHPian

ventoman
i see that some one has already scratched some paint off your right-side side view mirror.By the way how is the rear seating position different from polo?(i am sorry if you have already discussed this before).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks