Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2010, 14:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations on owning one of the best looking cars in India today. She should look even more stunning once you get her good eyeshades (read sunfilm!)
Old 6th December 2010, 12:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
VentoMan - My intention is not to scare you. Just thought of giving you the information.
Thanks Chethan for these valuable info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
By the way, I think I saw your car last weekend (not sure)
I saw a white Vento coming down the Mayuri Restaurant off New BEL Road.
You mentioned Mattikere, so am guessing it was you!
I believe there's another vento in the Mattikere area. Its definitely not mine, as I have relocated to Kanakapura road 2-3 days after I got the car.

FE Update
Did the first FE check using full tank-tank method. ODO was at 311kms during last fillup and clocked 625kms since then. Today filled up the tank again. Total Diesel for the refill was 42.2 litres. So the FE is 14.8km/l.
This is with 40% AC.
625kms had been all within Bangalore and can be roughly split as below

200Kms on Nice road
125kms on decent roads with decent traffic
175kms on B2B traffic
125kms on bad roads (incl deviation roads)

So far, I have driven the car the way I like to drive, without giving importance to FE. Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with the FE I've got.
Btw, Would be completing my first 1k kms today and my car is 20days old.

Last edited by ventoman : 6th December 2010 at 12:16.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
FE Update
Did the first FE check using full tank-tank method. ODO was at 311kms during last fillup and clocked 625kms since then. Today filled up the tank again. Total Diesel for the refill was 42.2 litres. So the FE is 14.8km/l.
This is with 40% AC.
625kms had been all within Bangalore and can be roughly split as below

200Kms on Nice road
125kms on decent roads with decent traffic
175kms on B2B traffic
125kms on bad roads (incl deviation roads)

So far, I have driven the car the way I like to drive, without giving importance to FE. Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with the FE I've got.
Best drive in the segment & a excellent FE: This is what you call "Best of both Worlds!"

Now that the run-in is also done - Enjoy & Drive safe!

Edit: Interestingly, FE looks similar to Polo - Tdi with 1.2L 3 pot engine. That is great, to say the least.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 6th December 2010 at 12:47.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:08   #34
dot
Senior - BHPian

Ventoman, Congratulations. I guess it is great to have a car which is performing more than expected. That too a new launch. More so, when you are settling in the country. Wishing you many thousands of miles of smiles. I too almost got tempted by Vento during June, but Civic took me away!

BTW, what do you feel about the plastic quality, now that you have been driving for a while.
Old 7th December 2010, 00:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
This is how the spoiler is installed: First the place to be fixed is marked. Than the paint in the marked area is scrapped. Then the spoiler is fixed with a double sided 3M adhesive sticker. (Yes. It is only stuck & not screw fitted)

If in case somebody steals the spoiler as people steal the Logo's, the scrapped portion looks so bad that you will be left with no other option, that to buy another spoiler
Thats a real shocker. Hope its not that way and there are options to have it screwed up- instead of getting screwed up!!

Quote:
FE Update
This is with 40% AC.
Thats very good. Long drives would be even more fun!!
Old 7th December 2010, 11:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Best drive in the segment & a excellent FE: This is what you call "Best of both Worlds!"

Now that the run-in is also done - Enjoy & Drive safe!

Edit: Interestingly, FE looks similar to Polo - Tdi with 1.2L 3 pot engine. That is great, to say the least.
Yes Chethan. This is too good to be true. VW have a winner with them. If they can address the waiting period and A**, they can go on to dominate this segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Ventoman, Congratulations. I guess it is great to have a car which is performing more than expected. That too a new launch. More so, when you are settling in the country. Wishing you many thousands of miles of smiles. I too almost got tempted by Vento during June, but Civic took me away!

BTW, what do you feel about the plastic quality, now that you have been driving for a while.
Thanks mate!
I am enjoying my every moment with her and barring few minor quirks, she's spot on.
The plastic quality is build to last and for me its such an upgrade having used Marutis before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Thats very good. Long drives would be even more fun!!
Thanks mate.
A long drive to my home town (Coimbatore) is on the cards. Eagerly waiting for it.
Old 7th December 2010, 11:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
FE Update
So the FE is 14.8km/l. This is with 40% AC.
That's great. No worries on the F.E. I think it will get even better after a few thousand kms. I know someone who claims 16 kpl in city and 20 on highways.
Anyway, I'm just enamored by these VW TDi engines. In the U.S - I drove someone's old VW Jetta that had done 500k miles!

BTW finally got the good news. Our Vento TDi Highline will be delivered by the 10th (hopefully).

Ventoman - did you get any accessories from VW for the car? I am planning on the rear parking sensor, Mud Flaps, floor mats and Car Cover. The prices quoted by the dealer seem higher than what is mentioned on the website (approx by 20%). Any recommendations on what to get from the dealer viz a viz from outside?

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's been super helpful. Enjoy your Ventastic ride and wish you years of trouble free ownership!
Old 7th December 2010, 12:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
BTW finally got the good news. Our Vento TDi Highline will be delivered by the 10th (hopefully).

Ventoman - did you get any accessories from VW for the car? I am planning on the rear parking sensor, Mud Flaps, floor mats and Car Cover. The prices quoted by the dealer seem higher than what is mentioned on the website (approx by 20%). Any recommendations on what to get from the dealer viz a viz from outside?
Thanks for your wishes imjimmy & Congratulations on your Vento TDi.
I bought only the mud flaps and door sil plates(yet to be delivered) from dealer. I don't need car cover as I have covered parking at both work and home.
For floor mats, I am awaiting the launch of Kagu 3D mats (picked up from Chethan's Polo thread) for Vento. For the timebeing, surviving with universal floor mats bought for Rs.900.
For rear parking sensor, I have opted to go for Witson, which can accomodate a reverse camera as elaborated in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2108008-post5.html
Old 7th December 2010, 13:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
For rear parking sensor, I have opted to go for Witson, which can accomodate a reverse camera as elaborated in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2108008-post5.html
Thanks for the reply Ventoman. Have you already ordered the unit? The Witson HU does look great; my concern was whether it will fit in the Vento? (given that the thread referenced talks about the Polo). Also in your opinion will it affect the warranty of the car?

On another note: Are you planning to do anything with the headlamps? I was debating on whether to order the Philips Extreme Power 55/60 from powerbulbs.co.uk website. Any suggestions?
Old 7th December 2010, 13:43   #40

hi Friends,

This is the first time i actually writing something on T BHP.

I had booked a VW Vento (Red) about 3 weeks back in COimbatore and was told that i would receive the car some time in Jan.

Now i have cancelled the booked and gone back to book a I20 CRDi because of the numerous complaints heard about the Vento from family and friends.

Some people have problems with the Alloys getting damaged (regular country side roads, with a few pot holes here and there, i drive a Swift with 15inch Lenso wheels, 195/60, and that has no problems), Clutch trouble (some disturbing noise, it seems), bad customer service from VW. It so seems that VW replied to a customer's compliant about damaged alloys by saying "VW is meant for good roads only". Another person has similar problems with his Jetta and recommended I dont go for the Vento.

If such small issues are going persists and I have to deal with it in the long run, it would be fair to my wallet. I change cars every 3-4 years.

I had been really looking forward to stand out in the crowd by driving a German car. Always had been wanting to get one. It would be really kind if somebody could give me good thorough review of their Vento. what are the drawbacks?? I dont want to get surprised one day by a silly problem. I dont care about the fancy tech stuff in the car, like bluetooth, aux, steering controls etc. I want a strong car and a reliable car.

Thank you.
Old 7th December 2010, 15:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
Thanks for the reply Ventoman. Have you already ordered the unit? The Witson HU does look great; my concern was whether it will fit in the Vento? (given that the thread referenced talks about the Polo). Also in your opinion will it affect the warranty of the car?
On another note: Are you planning to do anything with the headlamps? I was debating on whether to order the Philips Extreme Power 55/60 from powerbulbs.co.uk website. Any suggestions?
My friend is carrying the HU for me from China. I should it get it by Xmas time. Since it fitted on Ankit's polo, I presume it would fit in Vento as well. However, I can confirm only after trying it out. As no wire mods are required, I doubt this to void the warranty.

I am going for Philips Extreme Power 55/60 in a week or two and I think you do get it in Bangalore itself. Hence I am not ordering it from the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanipaul View Post
hi Friends,
..Now i have cancelled the booked and gone back to book a I20 CRDi because of the numerous complaints heard about the Vento from family and friends. ..
Hi pmanipaul,
Welcome to TBHP.
This is the first time I am hearing about complaints on Vento!
In my family, we own 3 Ventos so far(mine in Blr - 20days, my cousins' in Madurai - 2 months and Cbe - 2 months) and so far all of us are extremely happy with our cars. There are also quite a few other ownership threads on Vento that you can go through before making your decision.

Could you please collect detailed reports from your friends and post it for us here, as what we feel in TBHP are contradicting to what you heard.
Old 7th December 2010, 15:56   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanipaul View Post
hi Friends,

This is the first time i actually writing something on T BHP.

I had been really looking forward to stand out in the crowd by driving a German car. Always had been wanting to get one. It would be really kind if somebody could give me good thorough review of their Vento. what are the drawbacks?? I dont want to get surprised one day by a silly problem. I dont care about the fancy tech stuff in the car, like bluetooth, aux, steering controls etc. I want a strong car and a reliable car.

Thank you.
Welcome to the party!

Not sure if you got all the negative feedback from reliable sources. I mean, cancelling a Vento for an i20 is quite surreal. You can refer to the official review of Vento here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html
Old 7th December 2010, 22:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a real shocker. Hope its not that way and there are options to have it screwed up- instead of getting screwed up!!
Unfortunately, that is how it is fixed. I saw it & discussed about it at the dealership, when I had taken my Polo for first service.

Quote:
My friend is carrying the HU for me from China. I should it get it by Xmas time. Since it fitted on Ankit's polo, I presume it would fit in Vento as well. However, I can confirm only after trying it out. As no wire mods are required, I doubt this to void the warranty.

I am going for Philips Extreme Power 55/60 in a week or two and I think you do get it in Bangalore itself. Hence I am not ordering it from the web.
VentoMan, you can remove the HU and check, if you are curious. I could assist if you want. I have all the details with me.

Philips Extreme Power is available with Dinesh@9945552146.
Old 7th December 2010, 23:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
A long drive to my home town (Coimbatore) is on the cards. Eagerly waiting for it.
You are going to love that drive for sure. Now the Dharmapuri-Salem-Cbe Stretch is also complete except for some minor gaps. I will be taking that route till Cochin after 2 weeks. This time we will not take Mettur-Bhavani deviation, which we generally take.

You should also try Satyamangalam route once. Thats another great route in terms of scenery (Though roads are not that great)

Btw, I am seeing more Ventos in Blr. Hopefully it means more deliveries. If VW keep their word, we all could meet with Ventos by Jan/Feb time frame.
Old 8th December 2010, 10:53   #45
BHPian

re: Ventastic ride so far...My White VW Vento TDI Highline

Quote:
VentoMan, you can remove the HU and check, if you are curious. I could assist if you want. I have all the details with me.

Philips Extreme Power is available with Dinesh - 9945552146.
Chethan, I would rather remove the HU once the Witson HU comes onboard.
Thanks for providing the contact for Philips extreme power. I'll call him over the weekend and get the headlights changed.

Quote:
You are going to love that drive for sure. Now the Dharmapuri-Salem-Cbe Stretch is also complete except for some minor gaps. I will be taking that route till Cochin after 2 weeks. This time we will not take Mettur-Bhavani deviation, which we generally take.
Thanks Motorhead. You got me even more interested now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks