Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post
congrats for the car and many more happy miles
Thank you adityadeva
Old 9th May 2011, 11:19   #47
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Its really hard compared to how it was in mine itself for the last 7 months!
Even the A.S.S clearly accepts this is a problem and not just a situation where I am not happy with how smooth it is. it gets stuck while slotting and takes some adjustments before I can successfully slot.
I work with Cauvery Ford Mysore, where I bought it, but might leave the car at Cauvery Ford bangalore as I work there.

Thankfully your issue with the Gear shift was resolved. I too had the same issue with the gear shifts where it was very difficult to slot the gear into 1st or 2nd gear while driving.

I had bought the car from Cauvery but as it was too far from my home took it to Lathangi. They adjusted some setting for the gear cable and it became easier to slot to 2nd gear.

But the issue has recurred now with a slight variation - The slotting is very difficult while changing the gear from 3rd to 1st and from 2nd to 1st . I have to try 2-3 times before it is able to slot properly.

Will take it to Lathangi again maybe and see what they say. Any ideas why it is recurring again??
Old 9th May 2011, 12:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Thankfully your issue with the Gear shift was resolved. I too had the same issue with the gear shifts where it was very difficult to slot the gear into 1st or 2nd gear while driving.

I had bought the car from Cauvery but as it was too far from my home took it to Lathangi. They adjusted some setting for the gear cable and it became easier to slot to 2nd gear.

But the issue has recurred now with a slight variation - The slotting is very difficult while changing the gear from 3rd to 1st and from 2nd to 1st . I have to try 2-3 times before it is able to slot properly.

Will take it to Lathangi again maybe and see what they say. Any ideas why it is recurring again??
My problem was on similar lines as well, but once lathangi ford attended to it, it has been back to its smooth best! I had updated the thread in the following post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2318842

They had done the same cable adjustment on my car too. you could probably check if they need to do the torque adjustment of the nut too. folks at cauvery ford mysore had tried this on mine.
You could get in touch with Mr.Venkat who is the service manager there, or Murali who was the SA who attended to me when I went for the same problem.

btw, I have left my car at Lathangi ford today for the 20k kms service.
Shall try to post a detailed report in a day or two.
figo_united is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 12:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
My problem was on similar lines as well, but once lathangi ford attended to it, it has been back to its smooth best! I had updated the thread in the following post

They had done the same cable adjustment on my car too. you could probably check if they need to do the torque adjustment of the nut too. folks at cauvery ford mysore had tried this on mine.
You could get in touch with Mr.Venkat who is the service manager there, or Murali who was the SA who attended to me when I went for the same problem.
Thanks figo_united. Will talk to them and hope it becomes allright.
Old 9th May 2011, 16:26   #50
BHPian

I took it to Lathangi Ford today. The SA there adjusted the torque nut as well as the gear cable. And the shifting is perfect in the case of 2nd to 1st while I have to put a little more force to shift from 3rd to 1st at speeds around 15 kmph (though the SA asked me to shift from 3rd to 2nd and then to 1st).

I told the SA that during the 1st service he must recheck if there is any other issue with the gears.

Thanks figo_united for the info once again.
Old 9th May 2011, 17:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
I took it to Lathangi Ford today. The SA there adjusted the torque nut as well as the gear cable. And the shifting is perfect in the case of 2nd to 1st while I have to put a little more force to shift from 3rd to 1st at speeds around 15 kmph (though the SA asked me to shift from 3rd to 2nd and then to 1st).

I told the SA that during the 1st service he must recheck if there is any other issue with the gears.

Thanks figo_united for the info once again.
Pleasure if I was of help
I'm myself am headed to lathangi ford to get my car now. If you were a bit late, we could have met up there
Old 11th May 2011, 01:22   #52
BHPian

Here's an update after my 3rd service.

The Odo has crossed 20k kms, after just 9 months of ownership!

Ford Figo diesel - 6 months Ownership experience-20k.jpg

Since I was happy with the service Lathangi ford offered when I visited them for my previous issue [With Gear Shift], I'd decided I shall get the 3rd service done from them. Have got the first two services done at Cauvery Ford, Mysore where I bought the car.

The total billed amount for the service was 4515/-
This was the first paid service, so they will charge me for the labour as well.
Below is the break up of the bill

1145962-GASKET-----------------> 16.87
1147681-ELEMENT ASY AIR CLNR---> 240.65
1216529-WASH FLUID POUCH-------> 51.84
2S696714AB-OIL FILTER DV4------> 334.78
6496538-WEIGHT WHEEL BALANCE---> 39.32
6143384-WEIGHT WHEEL BALANCE---> 79.83
6143385-WEIGHT WHEEL BALANCE---> 119.73
5W30-ENGINE OIL----------------> 843.68
1020468-TAG--------------------> 43.4

LABOUR

10520000(Service)--------------> 1314
CONSUMABLE---------------------> 280
WHEEL ALLIGNMENT---------------> 350
WHEEL BALANCING----------------> 320

TOTAL--------------------------> 4515

Some stats on my figo ownership till now [Some of them rounded off to the nearest Integer] :

ODO reading------------------------------------> 20300

Total cost of fuel-----------------------------> 55394

Number of litres of Diesel---------------------> 1316

Average Mileage--------------------------------> 15.5

Average Cost Per km----------------------------> 2.73

Total service cost-----------------------------> 7585

Fuel + Service cost----------------------------> 62979

Average Cost Per km including service cost-----> 3.1

Total amount spent on accessories after purchase[Fogs + Underbody coating] = 4351 + 3000 = 7351/-

Quite satisfied with the avg FE and cost of ownership. [Although its a bit on the lower side compared to figures reported by figo trendsetters like gemithomas]

Overall, Really happy about owning the figo, Although I've had to visit the service centre a lot of times, most of the times for small niggling issues(some of them reoccurring), and some major ones as well - Dreaded PATS issue, AC issue, Gear Shift issue.
Old 11th May 2011, 07:16   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's an update after my 3rd service.

The Odo has crossed 20k kms, after just 9 months of ownership!

Since I was happy with the service Lathangi ford offered when I visited them for my previous issue [With Gear Shift], I'd decided I shall get the 3rd service done from them. Have got the first two services done at Cauvery Ford, Mysore where I bought the car.

The total billed amount for the service was 4515/-
This was the first paid service, so they will charge me for the labour as well.
Below is the break up of the bill

1145962-GASKET-----------------> 16.87
1147681-ELEMENT ASY AIR CLNR---> 240.65
1216529-WASH FLUID POUCH-------> 51.84
2S696714AB-OIL FILTER DV4------> 334.78
6496538-WEIGHT WHEEL BALANCE---> 39.32
6143384-WEIGHT WHEEL BALANCE---> 79.83
6143385-WEIGHT WHEEL BALANCE---> 119.73
5W30-ENGINE OIL----------------> 843.68
1020468-TAG--------------------> 43.4

LABOUR

10520000(Service)--------------> 1314
CONSUMABLE---------------------> 280
WHEEL ALLIGNMENT---------------> 350
WHEEL BALANCING----------------> 320

TOTAL--------------------------> 4515

Some stats on my figo ownership till now [Some of them rounded off to the nearest Integer] :

ODO reading------------------------------------> 20300

Total cost of fuel-----------------------------> 55394

Number of litres of Diesel---------------------> 1316

Average Mileage--------------------------------> 15.5

Average Cost Per km----------------------------> 2.73

Total service cost-----------------------------> 7585

Fuel + Service cost----------------------------> 62979

Average Cost Per km including service cost-----> 3.1

Total amount spent on accessories after purchase[Fogs + Underbody coating] = 4351 + 3000 = 7351/-

Quite satisfied with the avg FE and cost of ownership. [Although its a bit on the lower side compared to figures reported by figo trendsetters like gemithomas]

Overall, Really happy about owning the figo, Although I've had to visit the service centre a lot of times, most of the times for small niggling issues(some of them reoccurring), and some major ones as well - Dreaded PATS issue, AC issue, Gear Shift issue.

BRAVO!!!
Congrats on your crossing the landmark. I also had similar costs for servicing. Mine accounted to Rs 4588. However the breakdown of charges were different. I dont know how Ford manages to do that!!!
Have you yet experienced the automatic shutting down of engine while shifting down or reducing speed???
Old 11th May 2011, 08:17   #54
RGK
Senior - BHPian

A good statistical report.
- How you have written consumable under the labour charges.
- Even gemi had lesser mileage i think
- I feel generally Rs 3/km is a decent figure given the fact of good comfortable travel with 4 members either all adult or a family of 2 kids.
- you are also the trendsetter for the figo as you have crossed 20k in a shorter time
Old 11th May 2011, 10:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
BRAVO!!!
Congrats on your crossing the landmark. I also had similar costs for servicing. Mine accounted to Rs 4588. However the breakdown of charges were different. I dont know how Ford manages to do that!!!
Have you yet experienced the automatic shutting down of engine while shifting down or reducing speed???
Thanks dhanushmenon.
The breakdown of charges has been similar for me during the 3 services. this time, engine oil cost has increased by 100Rs! didnt notice it while taking delivery, otherwise would have inquired.

I was avoiding mentioning about the stalling of the engine while downshift, just not to jinx it. now that you've asked, I havent faced it (touchwood)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
A good statistical report.
- How you have written consumable under the labour charges.

It was mentioned under labour in the bill.

- Even gemi had lesser mileage i think

I remember reading more than 16 in gemi's thread after he'd crossed 20k or 1 year.

Edit
: got the link to the post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2219873

- I feel generally Rs 3/km is a decent figure given the fact of good comfortable travel with 4 members either all adult or a family of 2 kids.

Completely Agree. Even Autos cost 9Rs per km in bangalore!!!

- you are also the trendsetter for the figo as you have crossed 20k in a shorter time

Thanks. I followed gemi's thread even before I purchased my figo, so he is among the trendsetters for me

Edit : check the previous post in the link I pasted above.

Replies in bold inline.

Last edited by figo_united : 11th May 2011 at 10:53. Reason: adding link
Old 11th May 2011, 11:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thats good going. I did 20 in 12 months.

You have just been ripped off with the wheel alignment/balancing. Above Rs.900/- under that head is just unacceptable. What ever reason they attribute it to. And the amount under 'tag' and 'consumable' too is an eye wash. The amount should have been around Rs.3500/-.

Anyways good to know you are running without problems.

Drive safe.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:59   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats good going. I did 20 in 12 months.

You have just been ripped off with the wheel alignment/balancing. Above Rs.900/- under that head is just unacceptable. What ever reason they attribute it to. And the amount under 'tag' and 'consumable' too is an eye wash. The amount should have been around Rs.3500/-.

Anyways good to know you are running without problems.

Drive safe.
Thanks gemi.

I was not really sure how much it costs for wheel balancing.
as for wheel alignment, last time I was charged around 250.
The 'tag' is for the strap for the wheel caps. I asked him to add that while taking delivery.
Old 12th May 2011, 07:03   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks gemi.

The 'tag' is for the strap for the wheel caps. I asked him to add that while taking delivery.
Call me blissfully un aware, but what does that strap in the wheel caps do??
Old 12th May 2011, 11:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Call me blissfully un aware, but what does that strap in the wheel caps do??
It is to tie up the wheel caps to the wheel, so that they dont fall off in case they are loose.
Its the same ones that you see in big bazaar used to tie up the covers after billing.
Old 12th May 2011, 18:14   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is to tie up the wheel caps to the wheel, so that they dont fall off in case they are loose.
Its the same ones that you see in big bazaar used to tie up the covers after billing.
he he... I've kept on wondering why do these guys keep tagging the wheels. I first thought that it had something to do with wheel balancing. It always had appeared weird to me and had it clipped out. And when i saw that you had paid money to get it done in your car, i was rather surprised. But then thinking again, it does serve its purpose

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks