Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 08:33   #46
BHPian

Re: Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I am confused between C220 and E250. I need a car with the best driveability, steering response, best rear seat comfort and a stunning look as well. I test drove both. I liked the E better than C but i recently heard there is an upgrade to E class which will happen shortly. Any pointers on this news? Please suggest me good option.
The Current E250 CDI has OM 651 engine, the newer engine OM654 will be launched only with the next generation of E classs (W213). But once the new E class is launched expect the pricing of it to be higher than the current C-class.
Old 25th January 2016, 10:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_ang View Post
The Current E250 CDI has OM 651 engine, the newer engine OM654 will be launched only with the next generation of E classs (W213). But once the new E class is launched expect the pricing of it to be higher than the current C-class.

My only concern about C is its rear leg room space and thigh support. Even the NVH level and ride over uneven roads was not that good. I test drove a 1.5 y old vehicle. I don't know whether all this issues have any relation to age of the vehicle.
But in E, apart from dated interiors the drive was extremely good.
Old 25th January 2016, 10:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
My recommendation would be the C. The car looks great, and covers all the criteria you mentioned.

The E is great but I won't suggest an outgoing model; unless you want to keep the car for many years (as a modern classic).
Rear seat comfort in E is better. If this is important then E, else go for the C
Old 25th January 2016, 16:20   #49

Just got my new C200 in gurgaon, but realize that it doesn't come with Active Parking Assist feature, when asked dealer, he said that in india it doesnt come with this feature and even you can not purchase additionally, also it doesnt come with parking sensors and you need to pay additional 40K for that.

Can anyone let me know if above is true, as when i googled i saw some videos where C 200 with Active Parking assist.
Old 26th January 2016, 12:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddu_6974 View Post
Just got my new C200 in gurgaon, but realize that it doesn't come with Active Parking Assist feature, when asked dealer, he said that in india it doesnt come with this feature and even you can not purchase additionally, also it doesnt come with parking sensors and you need to pay additional 40K for that.

Can anyone let me know if above is true, as when i googled i saw some videos where C 200 with Active Parking assist.
This is the problem with Mercedes. They say they have all the bells and whistles but won't tell us what is missing compared to the International variants. We need to be well informed and we must ask them before purchase whether a feature is there or not.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 18:45   #51
BHPian

My final list includes C220 CDI Avantgarde and BMW 3GT Luxury Line.
But still I can't take a final take. Finally I thought let my family decides which one to go for after a few more test drives!
Old 30th January 2016, 19:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
But still I can't take a final take. Finally I thought let my family decides which one to go for after a few more test drives!
I would personally pick the BMW. As much as I love Merc, I feel BMWs are a sensible choice. Also, from what I've heard ASS is better, too. My friend bought an A4 and he didn't like the car. He bought an E Class and likes it. He finds it extremely comfy and says the rear seat is heaven. However, ASS seems to be an issue. He also has a 320d which he loves and says that it's good for driving enthusiasts. Also, he feels BMW's ASS is the best. Moreover, I feel the community is much better for BMW than Mercedes. I might be wrong here, but this is what I experienced.

There's also the added bonus of the BMW being a LOT more roomier than the Merc.

Any reason why you're going for the Luxury Line and not the Sport Line?
Old 30th January 2016, 22:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInternetUser View Post
However, ASS seems to be an issue. He also has a 320d which he loves and says that it's good for driving enthusiasts. Also, he feels BMW's ASS is the best. Moreover, I feel the community is much better for BMW than Mercedes. I might be wrong here, but this is what I experienced.

There's also the added bonus of the BMW being a LOT more roomier than the Merc.

Any reason why you're going for the Luxury Line and not the Sport Line?

Even I'm personally in favour of BMW. A.S.S is better for Merc in my hometown. But I have heard that BMW is a little cheaper to maintain than Benz. It might be due to the various service packages that BMW offers! I don't have any idea on this.
Both C and GT has its own pros and cons. When it comes to comfort, Benz will be better as per the reviews but I'll decide only after a thorough TD of GT. Regarding the LL, I felt the Avantgarde is comparable to LL than sports line. I may be wrong. But that's what I felt.
Old 31st January 2016, 11:00   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man there is huge discounts on the E-class. Did the dealer mention this to you and if yes,have you taken it into consideration ?
Old 31st January 2016, 11:07   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Man there is huge discounts on the E-class. Did the dealer mention this to you and if yes,have you taken it into consideration ?

I started my research for premium car from E 250. But since the new E 250 is ready for a complete make over, I'm not very keen on the discounts it offers! I got an offer of close to 9L but it's still not worthy enough to go for an outdated car.
Old 31st January 2016, 11:23   #56
BHPian

Discounts offered with a bangalore dealer is 10L without any negotiations, on the old E class, looks like they are keen to dispose of the inventory, before the all new E is unveiled in coming days.
Old 31st January 2016, 20:43   #57
anb
BHPian

Quote:
My only concern about C is its rear leg room space and thigh support. Even the NVH level and ride over uneven roads was not that good. I test drove a 1.5 y old vehicle. I don't know whether all this issues have any relation to age of the vehicle.
But in E, apart from dated interiors the drive was extremely good.
Yes, thigh support is very poor in C. If rear seat comfort is important buy present E with good discounts or wait for the new E class
Old 1st February 2016, 15:48   #58
BHPian

I test drove C today. Everything is there in C except the rear leg room space and a compact cabin! My brother and wife didn't like the cramped cabin space. Even I felt so. Now we are confused whether to stick on this or go for E class. Dealership is giving a discount of close to 8L for E. Is it fine if we take a vehicle that is ready for a complete makeover in a couple of months?
Old 1st February 2016, 18:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I test drove C today. Everything is there in C except the rear leg room space and a compact cabin! My brother and wife didn't like the cramped cabin space. Even I felt so. Now we are confused whether to stick on this or go for E class. Dealership is giving a discount of close to 8L for E. Is it fine if we take a vehicle that is ready for a complete makeover in a couple of months?
The E is one segment higher and whatever novelty the C class offers, there is no getting away from the lack of comfort. Buy the C only if you don't have more than two adults in the car most of the time. The E is bigger and at this point, most of the reliability issues would have been sorted out. The discount takes care of the depreciation hit and in Kerala the resale values are quite good, get the new E down the line when a midlife refresh happens.
Old 17th February 2016, 12:03   #60
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

In the same dilemma my neighbour bought the E over the C last month.

Many actually prefer the edgy exterior looks of the current E over the rounded looks that the next gen would come with.

The Discount was about 10L. The effective discount over the next gen E which would be price higher when launched is possibly close to 20L for at least the initial period.

GLA too was considered but it was found wanting in space.

Now there are reports that the New E may not arrive in India till much later in 2016 or maybe even in 2017.

Last edited by ACM : 17th February 2016 at 12:05.

Most Viewed