Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 20:17   #61
BHPian

Re: Buying a used BMW 5-Series (G30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor4266 View Post
Hi bhpians

Need some advice. Getting a 520d luxury line 2019 with just 10k on the odometer. Scratch less looks. The dealer is quoting 46 lakhs after a small negotiation. Anything I should check or worry about? Is it a good deal?
This is the list I would suggest (along with 360 inspection by BMW)

1. Carefully check for signs of any body work ( see reflection on door panels, fenders and bumpers)

2. Look for any sign of crack or moisture inside headlights and tail lights. Headlights are expensive( ~1.5 lkhs each, from what I heard from a SA in Navnit)

3. Check all rubber beading/seals around front/rear windshields and the sunroof

4. Check ORVMs for all operations

5. Play music and check each side (by changing balance) with your test tracks that can cover low bass to highs. (I have not tried this yet)

6. Look for uneven tire wear and if you see any, specifically ask the dealer to check suspension thoroughly.

7. Check alloys for curb rash and if there are any deep wounds, get the alloys checked.

8. Do some Googling on part numbers for replaced parts in service history to get an idea of what work would have been done (for some, you may find youtube videos)

Goodluck!
Old 23rd March 2022, 23:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
This is the list I would suggest (along with 360 inspection by BMW)

1. Carefully check for signs of any body work ( see reflection on door panels, fenders and bumpers)
Being truthful is the main thing here. Don't think denting or painting of one or two panels is a big deal. If you are an OCD obsessed owner, very likely to fix scratches on a beautiful car like this. Accidental damage to mechanicals is the key.

Some one claiming a non accidental vehicle and repair claims tumbling out from insurance paperwork is a big red flag. Gaps in insurance, no NCB, all are concerning. A car should have an insurance renewal date close to its registration date. So checking the insurance copy should be the first logical step even before sending the vehicle for BMW inspection and wasting time.
Old 5th April 2022, 16:33   #63
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
a car that is registered soon after manufacturing
I have a 2019 car that Im planning to evaluate, which is registered after ~9 months (Oct to next July). Im yet to check service history. Car is out of warranty.

Should this 9months-delay be considered a deal breaker?
Old 6th April 2022, 13:39   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2019 car that Im planning to evaluate, which is registered after ~9 months (Oct to next July). Im yet to check service history. Car is out of warranty.

Should this 9months-delay be considered a deal breaker?
Shouldn't be as long as the service history is clean - due to lockdown & the fact that the 5 series was a slow mover compared to the E Class, dealers had a lot of inventory.

That being said, do check the service history with a fine comb. If it was sold in July 2020, warranty should be valid till July 2022.
If warranty was started much before the registration date & if there were any services / inspections / repairs carried out before the registration date - it will mostly be due to buyer not registering on time to evade / delay taxes or the car was used as a demo - either ways, not the most comforting of scenarios.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 17:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If warranty was started much before the registration date & if there were any services / inspections / repairs carried out before the registration date - it will mostly be due to buyer not registering on time to evade / delay taxes or the car was used as a demo - either ways, not the most comforting of scenarios.
Thanx. It turned out to be a demo car and I dropped it. Service history showed dealer’s name as owner at XXXX kms and few things like roof-lining/sun-blinds were replaced during that service!
Old 9th April 2022, 10:02   #66
BHPian

SaaS company kissflow gifted 5 BMW 530D to its top employees in a surprise event. Reasons quoted are 1)10th year celebration 2) Thanking employees for staying behind despite lucrative offers from other companies. Point 2 is the key here. The job market is so crazy now we see employees with 25 lakh CTC having offers worth 60 lakhs. More than money the bonding with the company and long term security keeps people in their current job.

https://twitter.com/sureshsambandam/...24038199558149

Buying a used BMW 5-Series (G30)-fp0wuwlvuaepdcy.jpeg

pics courtesy twitter

Regards
Dev

Last edited by ajmat : 9th April 2022 at 11:17. Reason: removed one photo - typo
irdevanand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 15:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
SaaS company kissflow gifted 5 BMW 530D to its top employees in a surprise event.
The CEO is smart -- he not only inspired the employees but also advertised the company for free across all the leading news portals in India! He would have definitely got more that 5 crore worth of advertisement for free with this great gift idea!

It also appears that the cars have been registered in the name of the company, since even the recipients came to know about it only a few hours before it was announced in public. I'm curious to know how the car ownership will be eventually transferred to the respective employees.

It also raises the question: how good a gift it is from an employee standpoint? One of the recipients says he doesn't even have the provision to park the car in his house and he has to demolish the compound wall and change the layout to accommodate the car in his parking. When the company give away such costly gifts, should the recipients not be consulted?
Of course, if the CEO had done it, this would not have become a news.
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 19:43   #68
BHPian

Finally found THE one and took delivery! I think I can give “pre-worshipped” status. Will leave it for GTO to pass the verdict :-) Will share my experience shortly. Thank you all for all the great inputs. Love this community.

Have driven about 300 odd now and what an amazing car!!! This is my Ferrari for now!
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a used BMW 5-Series (G30)-25ec7bd17fae4d52b2dc8c3dd56172be.jpeg  

Last edited by mkc15 : 24th May 2022 at 19:45.
mkc15 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 23:49   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Have driven about 300 odd now and what an amazing car!!! This is my Ferrari for now!
Congratulations @mkc15
You had the dedication in you. Kudos
Can you also please mention which year, price and your negotiation journey
Wish you a very safe and happy miles
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 09:10   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Congratulations @mkc15
You had the dedication in you. Kudos
Can you also please mention which year, price and your negotiation journey
Wish you a very safe and happy miles
Thanx Jangra. It is sept-2018 born ~13k km in age (under warranty and service package). Will share all details in another thread.

Last edited by mkc15 : 26th May 2022 at 09:12.
mkc15 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 18:25   #71
BHPian

Big big congratulations @mkc15. Have been a silent spectator of your buying journey. Car looks amazing and is as good as new with 13k kms on it. Do share your ownership experience.
duker2997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 15:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx Jangra. It is sept-2018 born ~13k km in age (under warranty and service package). Will share all details in another thread.
Congrats mkc15. Looking forward to your new thread. Even I have been looking out for 530d in Bangalore for the past few months. The prices of 5 Yr old G30 starts at 50L in Blr. Do we really have to shell out this much amount for these examples? https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...5-Series.html/
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 19:09   #73
BANNED

Fellow BHPians,

This is my first post on the forum, please excuse my mistakes!

I am looking to buy my first proper car . So far I have been driving a Kia Seltos IVT for 2 years but have had access to several performance cars through friends too.

Cars in consideration:
F10-530d (2014, 40k ODO, asking 28)
X6 (2016, 26k ODO, asking 55)
G30-530d (2021, 5.5k ODO, asking 73.25)

Other option would be a 2019 E200 Exclusive 27k ODO, asking 58, but I am not really keen on this because of the obvious reasons (power, dynamics & length) plus the 'I am retired' image this creates'.

I am open to other options as well but only looking at Merc & BMW (maybe Jaguar too).

What should I go for? Budget is around 60-70 lakh but would prefer to keep it below 60.

Thanks,
Stradale
Old 4th July 2022, 10:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What should I go for? Budget is around 60-70 lakh but would prefer to keep it below 60.
Hiya Stradale, and welcome to the forum!

In your position, I’d stretch and go for the G30 530d. It’s fresher and incrementally better than the F10 530d in virtually every way (slightly more space at the back, more sorted high speed ride characteristics thanks to adaptive suspension, more toys, updated features). You’ll feel happier with it for longer IMO.

If you’re anything like me, you’d need to tinker with the F10 to “bring it up to spec”, and if you don’t do that, you’ll have a car just a little short of matching up to it’s successor (as it should be, to be fair).

I must admit I’ve left the X6 out of the equation due to my own personal biases, I can’t quite get over the pufferfish styling in side profile. Even beyond that, I think the fastback styling sees it lose some practicality.

I’d pick the 530d simply because it is the perfect do it all car for India. It is the culmination of years of chipping away at the car, and perfecting it slightly every few years. It is as good as it gets, and guarnteed to keep that smile plastered on for miles.

Good luck with your buying decision.
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 13:04   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I must admit I’ve left the X6 out of the equation due to my own personal biases, I can’t quite get over the pufferfish styling in side profile. Even beyond that, I think the fastback styling sees it lose some practicality.
Is the X6 worth it simply for the 40d engine? I actually do like the look of the car and don't mind loosing out on practicality since there are other cars in the family that help with house shifting if needed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks