Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:34   #121
BHPian

Chipexpress kit update report

I installed the chipexpress kit yesterday after clocking 1K kms. I must say the installation was a bit painful compared to other two kits I have installed for my Innova and the Q7. It was mainly due to how the damn PD plugs fit together. Anyway after 2 failed attempts (to snug fit the PD plugs together), managed to install it successfully. After this experience I think I'm now trained enough to connect the PD plugs with authority.

I have setup the kit to Default + 2 stage. In this setup it is supposed to deliver about 182 PS/375 Nm compared to the stock 140 PS/320 Nm. Now about the experience:

- No noticeable change in the engine noise outside (It was already noisy enough :-) ). On the inside though the engine note now surprisingly sounds much sweeter with deeper thrum and more bearable compared to the stock engine note that sounded clattery.
- The turbo lag is still present but the car has become wee bit more tractable. You don't really need to mash the pedals always as before.
- The stock 0-100 timing with a driver and co-driver was 11.3-11.5 seconds earlier. After the chip this has improved to 9.3-9.6 secs. Now I can feel the kick which was not so evident earlier.

Overall I feel good about this upgrade. The car feels more lively and eager to jump as and when the need arises. I haven't taken it to the highways yet but believe real difference would show up in post 100 kmph figures. It will do the effortless cruising part mostly and if required is also prepared for occassional quick sprints.
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:15   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

A 2 second reduction is pretty sweet, Entropy !

How much did the chipexpress kit cost? Do they have one for the 1.8 Petrol version too?
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:21   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
A 2 second reduction is pretty sweet, Entropy !

How much did the chipexpress kit cost? Do they have one for the 1.8 Petrol version too?
Thanks Sahil. The default setup (268 PS) got me a timing of 10.2 secs. As I wanted to make it less than 10, decided to go for +2 setup that reduces the time further to about 9.5 secs average. The kick is getting addictive and is good enough for daily commute in the city and make best uses of whatever little empty stretch one finds. I still have +3 setup available (190 PS/390 Nm) but probably would not like to max it out for diesel quality and engine life concerns.

It got it from Diesel Tuning by CHIP Express™ directly. I guess it was UK Pounds 395 or so. You can check it online if interested. Also there is no petrol kit - turbo-diesels only.
Old 4th July 2009, 18:49   #124
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Post-delivery posts moved here. Please continue the discussion over on that link.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks