Team-BHP - 3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/103662-3d-kagu-other-premium-mats-18.html)

My roughly year-old drivers side mat is showing a lot of wear while the others are immaculate.

See the (dusty) pictures - wondering if I should approach the Bangalore distributors? What is the original warranty on these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 2843433)
My roughly year-old drivers side mat is showing a lot of wear while the others are immaculate.

See the (dusty) pictures - wondering if I should approach the Bangalore distributors? What is the original warranty on these?

Some really disturbing pictures for 1 year old mats! Just when I was about to go for a set for my polo :eek:

Acc to dealers theres no warranty on these mats.

Are these 3D Kagu mats available for the new Swift? When i checked at a shop in trivandrum they showed me the one for older 2005-11 Swift which doesn't fit well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshu_j (Post 2843474)
Some really disturbing pictures for 1 year old mats!

To be fair to them, the drivers side one has been heavily used in both good (office commute) AND rough manner (construction sites, countless dusty/muddy trips) for 16k km. My usual foot wear is office shoes or heavy boots. That could have an effect too.

Overall, I AM happy with my spend of 4.5k. They keep the interiors immaculate and its ridiculously simple to dump the usual dirt out. However, I had expected a more robust construction for the drivers side at least!.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme

To be fair to them, the drivers side one has been heavily used in both good (office commute) AND rough manner (construction sites, countless dusty/muddy trips) for 16k km. My usual foot wear is office shoes or heavy boots. That could have an effect too.

Overall, I AM happy with my spend of 4.5k. They keep the interiors immaculate and its ridiculously simple to dump the usual dirt out. However, I had expected a more robust construction for the drivers side at least!.

Oh that's a relief. I have driven a shade over 8k in 16 months and wear casual shoes so I guess they will last a lot more! Having a tough time in the monsoons with slippage on the VW rubber mats and the beige carpetting getting soiled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 2843433)

You could stick that separating pad down with Fevibond rubber adhesive or similar. Yes, the mat is heavily worn, but a bit of repair work here could extend its life, otherwise it looks like it will fall apart soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara.ramli (Post 2832861)
Visited PMM this evening and unfortunately, it appears that the Maxpider variant is not made for the Figo. Only the regular 3D mats. Were quoted for Rs.5300/-

Decided to go with the regular 3D Kagu mats and have been trying to secure a set, for quite sometime now. Nobody seems to be stocking them. Every single dealer I checked with, promised to get it in a couple of hours time if I needed it and when I wanted it, the answer was 'Sorry. Our supplier ran out of stock for the Figo mats'. They all seem to be sourcing it from the same supplier here in Chennai.

Same reply from UltimateDetailerz as well. Checked with vicky.in and the product was shown as 'In stock'. After placing the order, same is the situation with them. That the supplier is expecting a fresh import this month end and suggested that I wait till then. :Frustrati

Found on ebay.in today.

3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats-3d-kagu-mats-xuv.png

Looks like 3D Kagu mats are available for XUV5OO as well! clap:

The price seems to be on the higher side though.

My Maxspiders in my Vento are showing damage on the heel pad on the driver's side after just four months of use.

A hole has developed in the cover in the middle of the heel pad, exposing the interion padding.

Should I take up the matter with the manufacturers?

Any idea if the 3D mats are available for Ertiga? The last I checked about 2 weeks back, the dealer told me the same is not yet available.

Got my mats delivered by Vicky.in a couple of days back. clap: And the wait was worth it. The ones delivered were the 'Maxpider' ones. The kind that all dealers categorically denied, being made for Figo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara.ramli (Post 2845293)
Decided to go with the regular 3D Kagu mats and have been trying to secure a set, for quite sometime now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pillainp (Post 2854518)
My Maxspiders in my Vento are showing damage on the heel pad on the driver's side after just four months of use.

A hole has developed in the cover in the middle of the heel pad, exposing the interion padding.

When I bought it from carstudio.in, I was categorically told in case of any defect, I would get a replacement if I returned this within 6 months of purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pillainp (Post 2854518)

Ditto has happened in my Vento and my friends Punto too. The 3D kagu mats are not durable and of low quality and on top of that priced too high.

Now i purchased Star mats and they have metal cladding with rubber grip which will not tear off. I bought them for Rs.3200.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg

Ditto has happened in my Vento and my friends Punto too. The 3D kagu mats are not durable and of low quality and on top of that priced too high.

Now i purchased Star mats and they have metal cladding with rubber grip which will not tear off. I bought them for Rs.3200.

Weird. What sort of shoes do you guys wear? Something with a sharp metallic heel? I ve been using these spider mats for several months myself and touch wood so far no worries!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 2870702)

Star Mats are an imitiation of the Original Kagu's with a Metal Insert near the Heel. Do you guys wear something like those spiky shoes used on sports fields ? BTW the OE carpet of the Vento is also with a heel Protect. if the Kagu Mats get holes, then what about the carpet ? it also has a silmilar Heel Protect and that too will be prome to Holes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2870929)
Weird. What sort of shoes do you guys wear? Something with a sharp metallic heel? I ve been using these spider mats for several months myself and touch wood so far no worries!

+100 to what Shankar says. ive used Kagu maxspider 3D on my Linea for 34 Months. when i sold the Linea the Mats Looked As Good as New.

used them on my Vento for 9 months till i sold it. when i gave off the Vento on 2nd august did a Pressure wash on the Mats and the Mats looked as though they were just out of the factory.

Have installed them on the Yeti and loving them.

Another Point here is there are two Varieties i Believe. one is Regular Kagu and one is Maxspider Kagu. these are pretty much durable. then there is an imitiation Kagu. Listed on quite a few chinese Sites and sold for 1800-2000/-