Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How effective is your K&N filter
Oh! It is the rocket fuel for my car. 16 7.73%
Great. I know it made a difference. Its no rocket fuel though. 82 39.61%
Ok. I would say that it is nice to have. Definitely not as dramatic as many claim it to be. 60 28.99%
What K&N? Its a wastage of money. 30 14.49%
I am using it for over the last 40,000+ kms. 7 3.38%
I have used it for more than 20,000 - 40,000 kms. 16 7.73%
Mine has been in use for 5000 - 2,0000 kms. 35 16.91%
Its comparatively new in my car. 29 14.01%
I have used it for over the last 4 years. 8 3.86%
I have used it for over the last 2-3 years. 14 6.76%
I have used it for over the last 1-2 years. 21 10.14%
Hey, mine is a new filter. 31 14.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2007, 10:14   #91
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I recently got the extreme flow for my Vtec and rate it as:

Quote:
Ok. I would say that it is nice to have. Definitely not as dramatic as many claim it to be.
Its nice to have and the sound is to die for. Performance improvement? Marginal if anything.
Old 5th May 2007, 12:38   #92
Senior - BHPian

I do not know much about the benefits of K&N filters, but often it does not come as factory fitted because of its higher cost. However, if K&N is really better than the stock filiters, does it come fitted in fancy expensive and performance cars such as Ferrari, BMW, Merc, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo where in many cases very expensive and technically better components are supposed to be used, and where K&N extra cost may not be a constraint.
Old 5th May 2007, 19:08   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I do not know much about the benefits of K&N filters, but often it does not come as factory fitted because of its higher cost. However, if K&N is really better than the stock filiters, does it come fitted in fancy expensive and performance cars such as Ferrari, BMW, Merc, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo where in many cases very expensive and technically better components are supposed to be used, and where K&N extra cost may not be a constraint.
It does come in performance oriented cars
Old 9th May 2007, 18:17   #94
BHPian

I'm looking out for filters for my maruti 800 can any one pls help.Also are they available in 2nd hand ( in case if anyone wants to sell the car as stock and performance part seperately)

Thanks
Saurabh
Old 28th May 2007, 18:23   #95

Hi,
I would like to know more information about adding a K&N filter to Matiz to increase on power as well as fuel efficiency.
IF possile mail me at rajmohan2shetty@yahoo.com as i have found only u hwo has installed the K&N filter on a Matiz and i am too keen on having it installed.
The car perform's good with AC Off but with AC On the power reduces drastically and also i was not able to understand the info on your post about the K&N filter performance during dy times.
Will K&N filter hlp in that case as well.
Old 17th June 2007, 10:28   #96

you guys should also check out BMC airfilters from Italy. They are fairly priced and much better yielding than K&N. AIR FILTERS BMC | AIR FILTER | CAR | MOTORCYCLE | bike - racing - venturi admission system - carbon dynamic airbox
Old 6th February 2009, 23:27   #97
BHPian

K & N is very expensive it is 125% the cost of what it is available in the US. The K&N for swift diesel is 5350 Rs , where as in US it is avaialbe for only 40$. I explored more options like piper cross , it costed me 3400, I am yet to evaluate the increase in performace, but I could notice an increase in pick up. Will keep youposted on the same.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:08   #98
BHPian

I dont see K&N products listed for SX4 on the K&N website? Is it not available?
Old 20th December 2009, 13:37   #99
BHPian

Hi Atul,
Don't go by the website. U can get the dealers details from Just dial(080-23333333) and u can get in touch with any one of them close to you. That's how i got the filter for my swift though it was not listed on the website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul-C View Post
I dont see K&N products listed for SX4 on the K&N website? Is it not available?
Old 27th December 2009, 11:35   #100
BHPian

scorpio k&N change

Greetings,

I am planning to install a K&N on my 2 year old 50k run Scorpio Mhawk.
The Dealer here in Coimbatore quoted 5.5k for the stack filters.
Is it worth changing on an SUV ?

Experts, Please throw in you suggestions.
Old 27th December 2009, 11:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

K&N stock replacement filter is a pure waste of Money in our street cars. Period. However, an increase in Mental Horse Power is noted in some cases.

How many are aware that K&N lets more microscopic dust inside than a normal filter?

Last edited by clevermax : 27th December 2009 at 11:51.
Old 27th December 2009, 18:05   #102
BHPian

have a K&N Conical + FFE. There's a very noticeable improvement in performance though I'm not sure how much of that is attributable to the filter.

However, the whooshing of the filter and the bark of the FFE make it a worthwhile investment! Also, cheaper options like R-active aren't widely available - didn't really mind paying the premium and getting on with life rather than waiting it out.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:57   #103
BHPian

I got K&N stock replacement filter fitted in my Swift Petrol last year. Frankly speaking, never felt a difference in the performance. It looks like a waste of money.
Old 1st April 2010, 05:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

I missed this poll till now

IMHO, the poll should have been split into two polls, one about the filter experience, and other about how long it was in use by whoever was using it. Not sure if such an option is available though (posting two polls).

The primary difference with K&N that I feel is - the turbo lag in my Getz CRDi is barely there with the K&N, while it is pretty much there with the stock paper filter.

When I say turbo lag, this is what I exactly mean.

RPM: =<1500
Gear: 4th / 5th
Road: Slightly inclined up

Hitting the sweet spot ( >1750 RPM) from what I have posted above will be quite an effort with the stock filter. With the K&N, its a breeze. Note that all other factors (road, fuel, driver, etc) remains the same.

Low end torque definitely is up with the K&N
Old 1st April 2010, 11:28   #105
BHPian

I installed a K&N Stock replacement filter on my Aveo UV-A. The primary reason, was with the AC on the car really used to struggle to take off in lower gears in bumper to bumper traffic.

Post the install, the car has surely become more easy and drivable in city traffic. As rightly said, it made a difference, but its no rocket-fuel.

I do not agree with many individuals saying its 'useless', the mere fact that they are installing a K&N might just skew your expectations on results, and mind you, your car is not going to turn into a pocket rocket. Its the first minor step in a more sensible & drivable engine.

Last edited by lionell : 1st April 2010 at 11:29. Reason: spell check

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks