Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2019, 11:06   #136
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Is Ambipur in-car perfume harmful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
In all these years since the last post, I was hoping for suggestions for alternatives.

Suggestions, please .. what (natural) friendly perfume can we use ?
I know someone who uses jasmine/other flowers and changes them daily, but it comes with its own problems like drying up in the heat and scattering on the dashboard (also some people get headaches due to strong flower fragrances). Other alternative is activated carbon which will give the car a neutral smell since it absorbs all other strong odours.

For many years I was using the leaf/flower fragrances that can be hung in the car and found them to be least "intrusive" like this (Is Ambipur in-car perfume harmful?)

In the last year or so I haven't been able to find them locally in stores so do not use anything else and the car still smells neutral.

Last edited by NPV : 26th February 2019 at 11:08.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 12:10   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suggestions, please .. what (natural) friendly perfume can we use ?
Coffee seeds! Keeping half a dozen seeds in a small container in the centre console will make the car smell like coffee - unless someone doesn't like that smell. And it lasts too, is natural, not a fire risk.

Yes, fresh flowers are good too - but pain they are, in terms of taking out the dead ones, replacing them daily.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 12:33   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Coffee seeds!
Thanks .. hoping something less temporary than flowers. Coffee seeds - havent thought about that. Btw, we prefer tea
Old 3rd March 2019, 14:15   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we prefer tea
So do I! But tea powder doesn't give the intended effect - unless it's in consumable form
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 15:23   #140
Team-BHP Support

I've rarely used but now sworn off car perfumes for the possible harmful effects, especially considering that the car is essentially a closed space and is often in sunlight. As much as I'd like a nice aroma in the car, I'd rather have none than a harmful cocktail of chemicals to breathe in.

I was browsing through and came across this product (activated charcoal); been using it for a few months now:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4488513 (How does your car smell)

I've been using the one SJM1214 highlighted for a couple of months now. No perceptible difference. I use the car with a/c always on and ensure I keep the charcoal packet in direct sunlight (at home) for a few hours every three weeks.

What are the tangible criteria we can measure the effectivity/efficiency of this?

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd March 2019 at 16:14. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 3rd March 2019, 17:37   #141
Senior - BHPian

I've started using Dr Charcoal, in my car, just got it two days ago, one for car, loo and office. It doesn't use electricity it's just activated coconut shell charcoal, supposed to last one year and needs to be kept in the sun for 1 hour every month to retain potency. Sounds sensible. Don't get me wrong this isn't an ad, I'm just trying it out and want to share it here, will keep you posted in the long term.

https://drcharcoal.in/
Old 9th June 2019, 09:41   #142
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For many years I was using the leaf/flower fragrances that can be hung in the car and found them to be least "intrusive" like this (Is Ambipur in-car perfume harmful?)

In the last year or so I haven't been able to find them locally in stores so do not use anything else and the car still smells neutral.
A friend who is visiting Bangalore got this for me, costs Rs.135. He bought it at a Shell outlet in Mumbai, not sure if these are available at outlets in Bangalore too (I don't use Shell fuel in Bangalore so don't get a chance to check at their stores).

Is Ambipur in-car perfume harmful?-car-freshner.jpg
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks