Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 15:31   #121
BHPian

Re: Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Why wasnt the Safari given another run to see which is the best for it? I understand that the tuned version make approximately 160bhp; was it set to the same?

And would you have the info how the vehicle is now and how much it has run till date?
What you see as the dyno graph is the result AFTER the tuning process. During tuning process we monitor instantaneous power, boost pressure, Exhaust Gas Temperature and smoke. At that time, we push the engine to the maximum safe levels it can handle.

The vehicle has done over 30000 km since chip fitment. I did do a dyno test recently to check its performance - the engine is as healthy as it was when we fitted the chip.
sapl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 20:02   #122
BHPian

Re: Spider Diesel Tuning Box VS. Pete's Tuning Box - Spider Box feedback on pg 2

Hi to all Tuning Box Gurus. An urgent query.

I took delivery of my Innova 2.5 VX last Saturday and planning to tune the engine by installing the Redrooster performance's Spider tuning box and BMC air filter at Amana Toyota Malappuram.

I have run only 600kms after taking delivery and plan to install it on Friday the 11th October during my first service (1000kms service).

Is it too early to install the Spider Tuning Box?

At 1000kms has the engine properly run-in for installation of Tuning Boxes?

Some people say that there is no point installing the Tuning Box before running the engine for at least 3000kms. Is it true?

Do I have to take any other precaution like changing oil before installing Spider.

Is it recommended to postpone the engine tuning till the first major service i.e 10,000kms or 1 year.

Thanks.
Old 8th October 2013, 14:39   #123
BHPian

I have heard some bad stories about RedRooster mods ruining engines. Once your questions are answered, suggest you consider Pete's or Dieseltronics instead.
Old 8th October 2013, 17:57   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I have heard some bad stories about RedRooster mods ruining engines. Once your questions are answered, suggest you consider Pete's or Dieseltronics instead.
But Redrooster is the only company Toyota Dealerships in Kerala have a tie up, that way I won't be losing warranty.

The cheapest tuning box by the way is from Dieseltrinics, around 20000 rupees.

Thanks for the response.
Old 9th October 2013, 14:01   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Hi to all Tuning Box Gurus. An urgent query.

I took delivery of my Innova 2.5 VX last Saturday and planning to tune the engine by installing the Redrooster performance's Spider tuning box and BMC air filter at Amana Toyota Malappuram.

I have run only 600kms after taking delivery and plan to install it on Friday the 11th October during my first service (1000kms service).

Thanks.
Better to get it once engine settles in is what many would say. I also think that if you are going to a sedate driver then adding a box this early shouldnt be an issue.

Anyway the 'Nippon's fix Spiderboxes to brand new cars. My friend's Fortuner was delivered with the box.

Quote:
But Redrooster is the only company Toyota Dealerships in Kerala have a tie up, that way I won't be losing warranty.

The cheapest tuning box by the way is from Dieseltrinics, around 20000 rupees.

Thanks for the response.
And I doubt if Toyota would honor if there is an issue with engine since the deal with Red Rooster and Nippon is a dealer-dealer deal.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 14:30   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hello, congrats on your new car. To appreciate the performance products, its always best to get used to how the stock engine performs in the first place.

Besides the point, its always important to let the new engine bed in properly before installing any performance inducing products that put pressure on the engine components even before they bed in properly.

Therefore, my strong recommendation is to wait for atleast 10,000kms before you install either a remap or tuning box
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 23:45   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Better to get it once engine settles in is what many would say. I also think that if you are going to a sedate driver then adding a box this early shouldnt be an issue.

Anyway the 'Nippon's fix Spiderboxes to brand new cars. My friend's Fortuner was delivered with the box.

And I doubt if Toyota would honor if there is an issue with engine since the deal with Red Rooster and Nippon is a dealer-dealer deal.
Do you mean it's best to install the tuning boxes outside of the dealership and never reveal about it at any dealership?

I will be getting it installed at Amana Toyota Malappuram. Will Amana alert all other dealerships and TKM so the vehicle's warranty goes for a toss? If it is the case then it's a lose-lose situation.

When I took a test drive at Nippon Toyota Thrissur (Amana Malappuram didn't have a test drive vehicle, they have one at Calicut) the SA Mr. Sujith Ram told me that Toyota will honor warranty, should I ask something in writing from these guys or if any issue comes up just go to a different dealer (one outside Kerala and claim warranty).

How come only Kerala dealers are having a tie-up with redrooster (it seems TRD - Toyota Racing Development has a tie-up with Redroosterperformance) and not others.

I am an exceptionally sedate driver (my wife would disagree though). Never crossed 4,000 rpm in my previous car, a petrol Etios VX. In my 700 odd kms in Innova did not even come close to 3,000 rpm, or crossed 90kmph. The tacho will be hovering around 2000 rpm at 70 speed which isn't good I think (horribly detuned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hello, congrats on your new car. To appreciate the performance products, its always best to get used to how the stock engine performs in the first place.

Besides the point, its always important to let the new engine bed in properly before installing any performance inducing products that put pressure on the engine components even before they bed in properly.

Therefore, my strong recommendation is to wait for atleast 10,000kms before you install either a remap or tuning box
Thanks for the kind words mobike.

Is the 10,000kms limit arbitrary or your personal experience. Redroosterperformance site under FAQ doesn't mention any such thing neither my limited Google search throws any insight on this issue. I request Pete (aka turboindia) and other bhpians like Racedynamics to help me in this regard. I have ordered the Spider and most probably will be getting it installed on Friday. I could postpone it though.

What I need is not outright performance but reduced engine noise (NVH), improvement in FE, good urban driveability and relaxed highway cruising.

Thanks.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:00   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words mobike.

Is the 10,000kms limit arbitrary or your personal experience. Redroosterperformance site under FAQ doesn't mention any such thing neither my limited Google search throws any insight on this issue. I request Pete (aka turboindia) and other bhpians like Racedynamics to help me in this regard. I have ordered the Spider and most probably will be getting it installed on Friday. I could postpone it though
I have used tuning boxes approximately for about 45000kms overall.

30,000kms in previous car and about 15,000kms in current car

I have always settled in for a tuning box after crossing 30,000kms and your eager to install it even before your car completes first service.

Though current age engines are extremely modern and even manafacturers insist they neednt be run-in and you can start driving fast right from day 1. What they forget to tell you is that you can drive fast but not stress out your engine RPM, its always best to vary the engine RPM for the components to bed in thoroughly

It is simple logic, when the engine is brand new it would need some bit of run-in before you stress them out with these performance parts ( assuming you like to keep cars for a longer time and also care about them in a reasonably way) as these products induce higher degree on fuel pressure and increase the boost of the turbo to extract better performance thereby stressing the engine to a large extent

I again strongly advice you to atleast wait till 5000kms before you install any of these products.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 15:25   #129
BHPian

Followed this thread and wish to know if spider has a box for the Pajero in the market. I am in Chandigarh and not sure if installation/ dealer in this city. Looks like will have to travel to Delhi after I finalize which box to go for.... Thank you all for such detailed/ in depth reviews
Old 18th June 2017, 02:53   #130

Hi all, looking for remap or Tuning kit for Sonata Transform 2011 and K&N dealer in Gurgaon. Appreciate your time and help.
Old 11th September 2017, 01:24   #131
BHPian

Anybody here tried a tuning box for BMW 520d (Mine is 2012 model).If so please share your views.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks