Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 00:33   #151

Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrikm5 View Post
a relative of mine too got a chip installed in his swift 2012 model locally for 30k but i am not sure which make, will now check on it. He claims a definite power increase and seems pretty satisfied with the overall power delivery and reliability. and doesn't bother to remove it while giving the car for servicing as the mechanics haven't discovered this device lurking in the engine bay.
There is a definite power increase. My friend has one installed on his swift and the driveability greatly improves with the chip. You can even change the setting of the chip to extract more power. However this may come at the costof decreased mileage as noticed.

I would suggest that you take it off before handing the car in for service as it is just a 5 min job and it's better to be safe than have it found out and warranty being questioned.
Old 13th October 2013, 19:19   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
The guys know it and they have not made a note of it till now. i don't bother to remove it. The case is different if I have a warranty claim to make.

The potential area of concern would not be the lining but the fuel rail itself since the rail pressure is maintained at higher levels.
However there are no noticeable issues till now.
Racechip has been on my figo for like 35K kms now.
Hi figo_mba

Seems that you are a true mile-muncher

After reading your thread, I too am encouraged to get my Figo TDCi EXI race chipped. Mine will be more of highway runs. I am planning for the base version of the race chip. How is the performance on the highway? What is the mileage that you get in city as well as on the highway? Is there any drop or increase in mileage after being race chipped? Generally I get 13-14 kmph in city and 18 kmph on the highway which I think are on the lower side (don't know the reason though). Any other valuable input you would like to share.

Cheers !!!
Old 14th October 2013, 13:00   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Hi figo_mba

Seems that you are a true mile-muncher
After reading your thread, I too am encouraged to get my Figo TDCi EXI race chipped. Mine will be more of highway runs. I am planning for the base version of the race chip. How is the performance on the highway? What is the mileage that you get in city as well as on the highway? Is there any drop or increase in mileage after being race chipped? Generally I get 13-14 kmph in city and 18 kmph on the highway which I think are on the lower side (don't know the reason though). Any other valuable input you would like to share.
Cheers !!!
I have the base version of the race chip. Cost 129Euros.
At any point in time the effect is that of having power in a tap as reserve. At 100kmph the regular figo is out of steam and overtaking needs to be planned. With the racechip you can just push the throttle and figo cruises like it is doing 60kmph and you are moving to 80kmph.
Makes the highway life easier.

I am getting anywhere between 16-21 in mixed cycles. I get 16-18 in city (Kochi) and 18-21 (on kerala highways, which are like local roads really!!)
figo_mba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 01:08   #154
Senior - BHPian

Hey figo mba,

Thats a very nice thread, dont know how I missed it.
I have an ecosport tdci and have clocked 11000km and still on stock 91bhp
I feel the power is just adequate both on highways and city but a little more couldnt hurt.

I am confused between the racedynamics, petes and racechip.
Racedynamics has the convenience to change power modes on the move through a remote control

Please help me and other ecosport owners with the decision

Last edited by ecosport rules : 19th December 2013 at 01:10.
Old 19th December 2013, 19:37   #155
BHPian

Hi I have not driven a RD equipped car yet.

The single channel RD costs 20K for swift (I am assuming that it should be similar for ecosport).

The Racechip will cost you similar amount if you order it in India but you dont have a customer care to run to.
I am not saying you will have problems because I have never had any with Racechip but having a service definitely is a peace of mind. RD has that. Now

If you have someone (relative/friend) who is coming from Europe, the Racechip costs 129 euros and it will be half the cost of RD then.
Then the equations change dramatically.

I hear that RD is better than petes. Now I can only tell you that once I have driven either of these which I have not.

I will be driving RD'd Swift soon. Once I have done that I will post my experience here.
Old 23rd January 2015, 02:24   #156

Got the basic RaceChip installed on my Figo 1.4 Tdci. Driveability in traffic has improved in city. Also i foind that fuel economy is decent below 120kmph but pqst that fuel efficiency dropped to evwn sub 15kmpl.Would like to know from owners of this chip what other settings they have tried and results of any tests done. Any efficiency/ power figures you share would help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks