Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 10:59   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Thanks for the update.

Off topic: Thank you for your support in installing the same for my friend. His initial feedback is very good and his Figo behaves like his old Verna CRDI
I hope he meant the response of the engine and not the total feel because Verna for me was like Ben Johnson with high heels .
Had the potential but could not for want of better suspension. Verna is a straight line hoot on roads with good flat surface but on curves it was scary at high speeds .

Figo is fun driving through the corners and speeding on the highway.
Glad Eji is enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Completely missed out this thread. Great going. ENJAY!

Would love to take a test drive the next time i am in cochin. Can you PM me your number?
Surprised that you missed it. I have PMed my number. Lets meet up sometime.

Last edited by figo_mba : 14th December 2011 at 11:15.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:32   #107
BHPian

Re: My 89 BHP Ford Figo!

Hey guys, a few questions.

1. anyone knows where I can get this installed in Bangalore? The reason i asked is since most of you who got it installed by technicians/mechanics who didnt know about this, had quite a bit of figuring out to do. So if any of you have already got the chip installed in bangalore, it would be more pacifying for me to get it done from the same place.

2. My car is due for service in a few months, have any of you (Racechip Users) faced any issues by the A.S.S guys till date due to the Race Chip.

3. How easy is it to remove the Racechip and install it again if required?
Old 16th January 2012, 19:20   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post

1. anyone knows where I can get this installed in Bangalore? The reason i asked is since most of you who got it installed by technicians/mechanics who didnt know about this, had quite a bit of figuring out to do. So if any of you have already got the chip installed in bangalore, it would be more pacifying for me to get it done from the same place.

2. My car is due for service in a few months, have any of you (Racechip Users) faced any issues by the A.S.S guys till date due to the Race Chip.

1) Best is if you do it yourself. Its pretty simple. All you need is some basic tools and a general idea about the parts of the engine
2) I normally remove it before giving for service
3) Very easy - 5 min
Old 17th January 2012, 11:49   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I hope he meant the response of the engine and not the total feel because Verna for me was like Ben Johnson with high heels .
Had the potential but could not for want of better suspension. Verna is a straight line hoot on roads with good flat surface but on curves it was scary at high speeds .

Figo is fun driving through the corners and speeding on the highway.
Glad Eji is enjoying it.

Surprised that you missed it. I have PMed my number. Lets meet up sometime.
Slightly OT: Being an owner of both Figo and a Verna, I must say that with the right Tyre, right wheel alignment( Important) and right tyre pressure in a Verna greatly improves the handling and stability. Its just simply not as you said about the heels part
If you are used to a Verna, you will never prefer a Figo over it on a long drive as simple as that.
Old 17th January 2012, 16:21   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
Slightly OT: Being an owner of both Figo and a Verna, I must say that with the right Tyre, right wheel alignment( Important) and right tyre pressure in a Verna greatly improves the handling and stability. Its just simply not as you said about the heels part
If you are used to a Verna, you will never prefer a Figo over it on a long drive as simple as that.
I am sorry did not understand "Right tyre". I am not sure if you meant upsize because on stocks I think it is pretty scary on curves. Again my statement, because the steering feedback is not in the league of Figo (feels vague and scary during quick turns).

If you think Verna is good for long drives then no arguments because you know what is best for you. As for me I think figo is better. As simple as that.

Last edited by figo_mba : 17th January 2012 at 16:22.
Old 17th January 2012, 17:16   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I am sorry did not understand "Right tyre". I am not sure if you meant upsize because on stocks I think it is pretty scary on curves. Again my statement, because the steering feedback is not in the league of Figo (feels vague and scary during quick turns).
I meant a better quality tyre. I am using G3s on stock size and steering has improved over OEM tyres. I am sure that the upgrade to wider tyres will make it even better.
When I changed to 195/60 XM1+ on Figo which made the steering lighter and a bit vague but still I agree with you that Figo has one of the best steering.

Quote:
If you think Verna is good for long drives then no arguments because you know what is best for you. As for me I think figo is better. As simple as that.
Enjoy your ride
Old 5th February 2012, 01:04   #112
BHPian

Hi Jaiswal,

I am getting my Figo in a week or so. Am seriously considering installing the Race Chip. Glad to know you are going to do it on your Figo.
I am also in Bangalore and if its ok, would like to be around when you are getting yours done. Just like for you, it would be better peace of mind whenever I get around to doing it.

Also, perhaps you could post a video / pics of the procedure.
Thanks in advance and thanks to figo_mba too.

Quote:

Old 5th February 2012, 07:52   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I must say that with the right Tyre, right wheel alignment( Important) and right tyre pressure in a Verna greatly improves the handling and stability.
This is to be spot on, for any car for that feel good factor at the wheel not alone for the Verna.
Old 6th February 2012, 10:15   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
This is to be spot on, for any car for that feel good factor at the wheel not alone for the Verna.
Correct, my point is this car is less forgiving than other cars in my experience as far as those conditions are considered. Eg, If a Figo is slightly out of alignment, still the handling would be in acceptable levels, but for Verna it will be a complete mess.
Old 6th February 2012, 12:16   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Hi Jaiswal,

I am getting my Figo in a week or so. Am seriously considering installing the Race Chip. Glad to know you are going to do it on your Figo.
I am also in Bangalore and if its ok, would like to be around when you are getting yours done. Just like for you, it would be better peace of mind whenever I get around to doing it.

Also, perhaps you could post a video / pics of the procedure.
Thanks in advance and thanks to figo_mba too.
Musa,

I already got it installed on my car's to the contacts of dinu2506. He passed me onto a mechanic, who installed it in less than 5 mins. You can PM me for further details.

However, i seriously recommend you to run your car without the racechip for a while (approx 10km) and then go for racechip if you want.

My experience with the racechip is exactly how figomba pointed out. its more driveable and easier in the city. The car doesnt become like a rocket or anything. Infact, the drivability makes you appreciate racechip to a certain extent, otherwise its pretty much like my stock figo. I'd recommend you to think again on going for the racechip with a out of showroom car. And as everyone has pointed out, warranty goes out of the picture. So you need to be lucky or smart to ensure your never caught with it.
mail.jaiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 12:24   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Musa,

However, i seriously recommend you to run your car without the racechip for a while (approx 10km) and then go for racechip if you want.
Hi Jaiswal,

Thank you for the reply.
I am not planning to put the Racechip now. Will run the car for 10K km at least before deciding. Wanted to see how easy it is to do it so that if and when I also go for it, then I would be better prepared. Also wanted to see if its a really easy DIY so that I can remove it before a service and reinstall later.

Thanks for the advice.
Wishing you much happiness with the chipped figo
cheers,
Old 7th February 2012, 15:33   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Hi Jaiswal,

Thank you for the reply.
I am not planning to put the Racechip now. Will run the car for 10K km at least before deciding. Wanted to see how easy it is to do it so that if and when I also go for it, then I would be better prepared. Also wanted to see if its a really easy DIY so that I can remove it before a service and reinstall later.

Thanks for the advice.
Wishing you much happiness with the chipped figo
cheers,
Thanks Musa. AM enjoying it as of now. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime. I can let you have a drive so that u understand the difference as well as show u the racechip installation, etc.
mail.jaiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 19:41   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Musa. AM enjoying it as of now. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime. I can let you have a drive so that u understand the difference as well as show u the racechip installation, etc.

Many thanks Jaiswal. You offer to let me drive you chipped Figo is very much appreciated! Will PM you and will certainly like to meet up. Thanks again!
Old 27th April 2012, 01:19   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Musa,

I already got it installed on my car's to the contacts of dinu2506. He passed me onto a mechanic, who installed it in less than 5 mins. You can PM me for further details.
How much did it cost you for installation in Bangalore? Also how is spider?
Old 27th April 2012, 14:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
How much did it cost you for installation in Bangalore? Also how is spider?
It costed me a very nominal amount (a few hundreds). the guy knew what he was doing and it hardly took 5 mins to get it done. was a very simple installation. I figured I could do it myself as well but then since I was not 100% sure, I didnt want to take any chances.

Spider, is good from what I have read on the forum. however, I have not seen it installed on a Figo as yet, so cant comment on that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks