Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2015, 20:19   #91
BHPian

Re: Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Vishnu, can you help me with the best way to use/apply this? Whats' the application procedure you use?

I have the same thing but not able to get very good results.

Thanks a lot!
Parth,
I spray up the dash and the doors and leave it for about 10 mins or so.
Then use a micro-fibre cloth and start rubbing gently, the same way we polish the body.
I've been using it for close to 3 years now and I'm very happy about it.
Will help you with some of the images sometime if I can.
Also, I use it once in a month. It stays good. Trust me!

All the best!

Last edited by vishnu-man : 11th January 2015 at 20:22. Reason: Quoted Rightly
vishnu-man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 20:27   #92
BHPian

Thanks a lot mate! My question is, the spray is very thin/small, and so one spray covers only a very small patch with it's whitish liquid, so you just spray over the dash area and other plastics, let it sit and then buff off with a MF cloth?

Cos I just used to apply it with a cloth and on spreading the liquid with a cloth the shine used to disappear in just a while! Thanks for your method, will try it soon.
Old 11th January 2015, 22:38   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
... so you just spray over the dash area and other plastics, let it sit and then buff off with a MF cloth?
That's right!
Shake the container well and spray it from a distance of 6 inches.
You should get a good coverage.
And moreover this one won't irritate other parts if it sits there by mistake.
You can even use it on the outside on the grills/airdam and fog light frames which look a li'l whitened because of salt water.
It will get you that good wet look.
Sure, you'll be happy with this method
vishnu-man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 22:48   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post
That's right!

It will get you that good wet look.
Sure, you'll be happy with this method
Thanks a bunch mate! Most helpful, appreciate it. Will get it done tomorrow and get a brand new interior and dashboard back!
Old 21st February 2015, 12:51   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post
I've been using the Vista's Dashboard Polish on my 3rd gen Swift for more than 2 years now.
It's not that complicated, nor harmful. Good on shine and the shine stays for long.

Attachment 1215998

Gives a solid wet look. People stepping in my car start the conversation by asking how come the car is so new?!
I use it for the following:
1. Dashboard, doors (from inside of course), steering wheel, gear-knob.
2. Front grille and the black covering around fog-lamps.

I usually pick them up from local Autoshops as I don't find them online.

I too can vouch for this product. Its simply brilliant. I have been using it for a month now & so far have been extremely impressed with it. It's relatively cheap, non sticky, gives that high gloss wet look to black plastic. So far havent been able to find any negatives at all. I wanted to try out ArmourAll and 3M stuff, but am going to stick with this. I'm that impressed.

Today being Saturday, I washed my car & decided to apply on the exterior also. It worked great! Brought a completely new look to the car!

Here are some before & after pics from today:
Attached Thumbnails
Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150221_104300.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150221_104513.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150221_104518.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150221_104806.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150221_105040.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150221_105212.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150221_112215.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150221_113300.jpg  

Last edited by GForce1980 : 21st February 2015 at 13:04.
GForce1980 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 13:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

I've been using a dashboard cleaner for a while now. Sure it makes the dashboard and door panels look clean and new BUT the only -ve is it causes the sun to be reflected off the dashboard onto the windscreen. Soyou can see the reflection of the dashboard on the screen causing distraction.

I have found that using it on the air dam and other black plastics also yielded a good finish.

But the best use was on my Ninja 650 inner fairing which is black and gets a lot of of direct sun. The fading is completely reversed giving the original shine back.
Old 21st February 2015, 13:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I've been using a dashboard cleaner for a while now. Sure it makes the dashboard and door panels look clean and new BUT the only -ve is it causes the sun to be reflected off the dashboard onto the windscreen. Soyou can see the reflection of the dashboard on the screen causing distraction.
Which product do you use? I used to face this issue with Waxpol dashboard polish. Now using Meguiars Natural Shine protectant which gives a nice matte finish and avoids any reflection.
Old 21st February 2015, 13:51   #98
BHPian

Quote:
The best solution for that is Polarized Sun Glasses. I always keep them in the instrument cluster of both my cars... Btw, I have prescription glasses also, although not too strong. But you can always get prescription polarized sunglasses too. I think Titan Eye Plus does them.

Let me see if I can give you pictures with & without the polarized glasses.
Old 21st February 2015, 13:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Which product do you use?
I use Vista car care dashboard polish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce1980 View Post
The best solution for that is Polarized Sun Glasses.
I unfortunately have prescription glasses without which I can't see distance too well. Moreover, with polarised glasses doesn't one see certain patterns on the windscreen?
Old 21st February 2015, 19:29   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I use Vista car care dashboard polish.

I unfortunately have prescription glasses without which I can't see distance too well. Moreover, with polarised glasses doesn't one see certain patterns on the windscreen?
Prescription polarized sunglasses are definitely available. I got mine done from Lawrence & Mayo, Malleswaram a couple of years back. Prescription glasses may cost about 2 to 3 times that of regular polarized glasses. Mine cost me something in the region of 4 to 5k. But its worth the money.
Yes, you do see some faint patterns with Polarized glasses, but not on your windscreen. Its mostly seen in other cars' rear or side glasses.
The advantage (if you can call it) is that even if these get stolen, these are worthless to the thief as they are prescription glasses. :-)

Last edited by hrman : 21st February 2015 at 19:31.
Old 22nd February 2015, 14:05   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce1980 View Post
The best solution for that is Polarized Sun Glasses. I always keep them in the instrument cluster of both my cars... Btw, I have prescription glasses also, although not too strong. But you can always get prescription polarized sunglasses too. I think Titan Eye Plus does them.

Let me see if I can give you pictures with & without the polarized glasses.
Here you go, the sample with & without polarized sun glasses. As you can see, the reflections magically disappear! Also, you can see that the reflection of the cell phone is much stronger than the dashboard itself. But even that very quickly disappears. These glasses are indispensable when you have many trees on the road which cast shadows & give the effect of flickering reflections on the windscreen.

Am also posting an image of the dashboard before the polish was applied to show how well the polish shines the plastics. There was a scratch courtesy my 2.5 year old daughter. It even hid that scratch.
Attached Thumbnails
Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150114_132656.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150222_125305.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150222_132251.jpg  

Dashboard Polish - Is it worth ?-img_20150222_132309.jpg  

Last edited by GForce1980 : 22nd February 2015 at 14:18.
GForce1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 20:17   #102
MSC
BHPian

Using a dashboard polish will not be enough in case of excessively battered cases. In mild cases also the polish alone is not gonna work.
First of all you need to get rid off the dust and grime completely.
For cleaning purpose Formula one brand has got a good dashboard cleaner. It comes in form of a spray. Just spray it part by part. Just dont spray it all over in one go. Wipe with clean cloth and let it to dry.
Once dry,you can use Motomax brand dashboard polish. It comes in a small bottle ,may be 100 ml or so. Apply it generously all over. Let it dry and see the magic.

A word of caution.
1. The parts become a bit slippery after applying the polish . So avoid using it on steering wheel and gear stick lever.
2. Be prepared for reflective glares on the windscreen and ORVM's for couple of days. Things can be really distracting in bright sunshine.
Old 15th November 2016, 15:22   #103
BHPian

After reading all the seven pages of this thread, it looks like "STP Son of A Gun Protectant" is better than the rest. The description says that it can be used on vinyl, rubber and plastic.
So, is it safe to use it on tyres and art leather seats as well along with dashboard?
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:24   #104
BHPian

Update after using STP SOn of a Gun protectant: I am totally disappointed with the product!
I used the product on dashboard, external rear view mirrors, bumper guard and few other areas. I was expecting these to recover their lost shine. But the difference was totally negligible. Maybe there was an improvement of about 10-15%.

I sprayed the liquid liberally over the surface, and used a clean cloth to spread the liquid evenly. I kept applying the protectant till the surface turned wet, and then allowed it to dry. After applying such huge amount of protectant, I expected a major difference in the appearance. In the end, the product did not live up to its expectation.

I'm really surprised to see so many TBHP users claiming a major difference in the appearance after using the product.
Old 13th March 2018, 12:29   #105
BHPian

Can anyone tell me the difference between dashboard protector and dashboard polish? I saw moto max dashboard protector and polish yesterday. Bought the polish and applied it on the dash and door panels. Will see the durability in coming days. But want to know about the dashboard protector thing. Both bottles had same description on them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks