Team-BHP - About Vinyl Wraps
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   About Vinyl Wraps (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/130918-about-vinyl-wraps-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 3168176)
I think what most people has in mind when they wrap their cars in matte grey is this, or this, ..but all the cars just end up looking like a cement block :uncontrol Hence I say a wrap never matches the finish of a paintjob :thumbs up

Hi

Wouldn't the place, and therefore the amount of sunlight and angle of the sun play a huge part in how a colour 'looks' to our eyes?
What looks good far away from the equator may not look so good in harsh light in our country.
The same way it affects tones in photography.

Best is to check application in our daylight before making a decision. The catalogues may feature cars shot in cooler climes in US or Europe and looks can be deceptive :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 3271878)
Spotted a Golden wrap on an F10 BMW on my way back from Amby Valley on Friday:

That car stays in the outskirts of Mumbai, and was matte black with the ///M color stripe over the bonnet and the grille earlier.
Have been in it back then.
Shall upload pics as soon as possible.

The same 5 series in its earlier avatar.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131023_014824.png
Views: 11705
Size:  298.1 KB

With a few other matte black wrapped beauties :D

Name:  ForumRunner_20131023_014911.png
Views: 11765
Size:  282.7 KB

Spotted this Matt-Red Micra in West Mambalam, Chennai.

The base paint is Orange.

Hi,

Could somebody help me with the details of where I could get the wrapping done in Bangalore along with the costs involved for a mid sized car ??

Thanks in Advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkaushal (Post 3326878)
Hi,

Could somebody help me with the details of where I could get the wrapping done in Bangalore along with the costs involved for a mid sized car ??

Thanks in Advance.

Hi, it depends on the car type (Sedan/hatchback). I enquired with 3M guys for my Zen's bonnet+roof vinyl wrapping with Matte black. The cost for the same would be as mentioned below:

Bonnet: 2790+tax (Approx 3k)
Roof: 5390+ Tax(5.5k)
for the boot: 190 per sqft.
My Zen was always parked on the road due to which the paint got faded, wrapping seems to be a cheaper alternative for painting.

For more info on 3M:

http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/Contact-Us.aspx

Try the Toll free mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 (Post 3326930)
Hi, it depends on the car type (Sedan/hatchback). I enquired with 3M guys for my Zen's bonnet+roof vinyl wrapping with Matte black. The cost for the same would be as mentioned below:

Bonnet: 2790+tax (Approx 3k)
Roof: 5390+ Tax(5.5k)
for the boot: 190 per sqft.
My Zen was always parked on the road due to which the paint got faded, wrapping seems to be a cheaper alternative for painting.

For more info on 3M:

http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/Contact-Us.aspx

Try the Toll free mentioned.

Are there any other wrap shops in Bangalore ?
I know of Motormind. Any idea about their pricing ?
I'm planning to get a Matte Black wrap done on the hood + roof + boot of my black i10.

There are plenty in Bangalore. I'd prefer 3M products considering the quality of material used. Partial wraps (bonnnet+roof+boot) can be done from other outlets at a cheaper rate for sure. Motormind; seems expensive compared to 3m bro. For my friends i20 they charged around 20 k for the partial wrap. For my Zen they quoted 15k:eek:. If quality is not your concern, I'd suggest taking a beat on JC road. Am planing to get this done in the next weekend, might as well end up at 3M.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 3271878)
Spotted a Golden wrap on an F10 BMW on my way back from Amby Valley on Friday:
Attachment 1155451

I'm not sure, how you distinguished it as wrap from paint, any specific clues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSpoke (Post 3327040)
I'm not sure, how you distinguished it as wrap from paint, any specific clues?

Do you get such paint finish anywhere? I dont think so. Because its vinyl you get that extra gloss. Moreover, the car never came in such a shade. Hence I too feel it is a wrap.

Can a bike be wrapped? Asking because the curvature on the panels tends to be much more. for example the tank of an Enfield.

please:Can anyone pass me the number or details for Wrappitup, mumbai.

I have a Wagon R that's got scratches as if someone let out a pack of angry cats on it..

instead of repainting, quoted at 45k by the company outlet.. It think i will wrap it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicvic (Post 3327255)
Can a bike be wrapped? Asking because the curvature on the panels tends to be much more. for example the tank of an Enfield.

Any surface can be wrapped provided the vinyl is thick enough to retain its finish even when stretched. Some thin varieties of matte black tend to become glossy black when stretched beyond a certain extent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvindaksh (Post 3327286)
please:Can anyone pass me the number or details for Wrappitup, mumbai.

I have a Wagon R that's got scratches as if someone let out a pack of angry cats on it..

instead of repainting, quoted at 45k by the company outlet.. It think i will wrap it..

Wrapitup
9820888709 Pavan

Isn't it illegal to change the color of your car? You may need to get fresh registration papers if a car is colored differently from how it was manufactured/sold.