Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2022, 22:08   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Does anyone have experience with a HID bulb kit from a brand called RSR (Indian brand, chinese product)? I need to replace the HID bulb on my Skoda Laura and a brand I'm being suggested is RSR, bright HID bulb with 55w and 5000k temperature output. (there is also 4200K, which I will check out).

Any inputs or feedback on this brand, may help. It is suggested because it comes with Canbus, against Osram Xenarc Eco 4200K, which doesn't support Canbus.
Old 24th January 2022, 08:19   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Does anyone have experience with a HID bulb kit from a brand called RSR (Indian brand, chinese product)? I need to replace the HID bulb on my Skoda Laura and a brand I'm being suggested is RSR, bright HID bulb with 55w and 5000k temperature output. (there is also 4200K, which I will check out).

Any inputs or feedback on this brand, may help. It is suggested because it comes with Canbus, against Osram Xenarc Eco 4200K, which doesn't support Canbus.
AFAIK, some or all models in the Osram product range comes with canbus adapters. I suggest you to check their official website. You may also check Philips (We have their LED's on the Jetta).

What's the cost of RSR? Many local shops will promote certain brands. We recently installed LED bulbs on the Crysta and found the output to be average. Anyways, I would recommend HIDs over LEDs anyday.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 14:08   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
AFAIK, some or all models in the Osram product range comes with canbus adapters. I suggest you to check their official website. You may also check Philips (We have their LED's on the Jetta).

What's the cost of RSR? Many local shops will promote certain brands. We recently installed LED bulbs on the Crysta and found the output to be average. Anyways, I would recommend HIDs over LEDs anyday.
Thanks Naveen. I'm quoted ₹7000 for the RSR super bright HID bulb kit (it seems the advantage is it lights up in 2 seconds, as opposed to ~15-20 seconds, during the initial light up). For 5000K. Includes the bulbs + ballast pair.

I'll check the Osram's product page again (and yes, their HIDs on the Laura until 2019, were CANBus ready).
Old 30th January 2022, 23:43   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Hi. Check out my detailed post regarding HID conversion on my Ford Fiesta Titanium in the thread "Ford Fiesta: Test drive and review". I must say that Fiesta does look superb after projector (angel eyes) installation. I am currently facing some niggles regarding the HID but that's because the seller duped me into buying a sub standard HID. Otherwise, it's a good investment.

Guys, can anyone tell me what type of HID bulb this is? I can't find the exact replacement online. I have tried to purchase a couple of these before but none seemed to fit. These came with the Chinese projectors that I have installed.
I did eventually install HID projector kit. Got it all from Blaze India( excellent service!) Might have have made a slight mistake with the size of the Projector lens but i kind of like this look

*apologies for the poor quality pic*

Best Xenon HID conversion kit-fiesta-hid.jpg

The lens are Hella G5, 3 inch lens while the 55w ballast and bulbs are from AES.
It was a pain to install this, difficult to open the headlights, alot of plastic trimming to get the projector fitted and then finally realizing that the shroud wont fit as the outer headlight lens fouls with it. Used this setup for the past 3 months and am quite satisfied with the output and high beam usage is cut by 90%
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 20:41   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
The lens are Hella G5, 3 inch lens while the 55w ballast and bulbs are from AES.
It was a pain to install this, difficult to open the headlights, alot of plastic trimming to get the projector fitted and then finally realizing that the shroud wont fit as the outer headlight lens fouls with it. Used this setup for the past 3 months and am quite satisfied with the output and high beam usage is cut by 90%
Good job on the clean install
I am also in search of Hella G5 projector. Did you get both projector and HID Kit from Blaze India? If possible please do post pics of light throw.
Old 5th July 2023, 15:30   #426
BHPian

I have a Xenon HID kits running on my Rapid since 2017. Got it installed at the dealer during delivery itself. Unfortunately, i was not available and my dad got the work done, which costed a bomb. Around 53k for 4 kits, 1 set for upper and 1 set for dipper.
Still, i had a fuss free and very good experience for almost 6 years. But now the lights have gone dim and hard to drive at night.
All the local shops are asking to go for LEDs which I don't like at all. They push away my suggestion to just change the bulbs.

I am totally oblivious to what needs to be changed and what bulbs(type, wattage, lumen etc). Please help
Attaching below is the leaflet i found in a corner for the kit installed in 2017. Cannot understand a thing (and by God's grace, despite the spelling errors in the leaflet, which suggests a sub par company, the lights did their job so far)
Please help me understand which bulbs am i running right now and what i can get it replaced with. Also thinking of upgrading the fogs, but that's for another thread i think. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Xenon HID conversion kit-img_20230627_172428.jpg  

Best Xenon HID conversion kit-img_20230627_172702.jpg  

Best Xenon HID conversion kit-img_20230627_172722.jpg  

Best Xenon HID conversion kit-img_20230627_172747.jpg  

Best Xenon HID conversion kit-img_20230627_172813.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks