Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2016, 12:05   #361
BANNED

Re: Best Xenon HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Unless the headlight reflector is designed for a HID, directly fixing a HID in place of a halogen is not recommended. This will result in very high light scatter and will not give any improvement on lighting, but will only severely glare oncoming traffic. So, if you want to improve the performance of the headlights either go for the 100W halogen conversion or go for a projector setup for HID.
Remember the source point is somewhat different in an HID as compared with Incandescent. However, though not optimal using an HID in any projector is preferable to using a regular lamp housing. So yes, while ideally you need an HID projector housing, it is not too bad to use an HID in a Incandescent/Halogen projector housing

Last edited by sgiitk : 26th October 2016 at 12:07.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 13:49   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.kapur View Post
They even had a solenoid for High-Low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Unless the headlight reflector is designed for a HID, directly fixing a HID in place of a halogen is not recommended. This will result in very high light scatter and will not give any improvement on lighting, but will only severely glare oncoming traffic. So, if you want to improve the performance of the headlights either go for the 100W halogen conversion or go for a projector setup for HID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember the source point is somewhat different in an HID as compared with Incandescent. However, though not optimal using an HID in any projector is preferable to using a regular lamp housing. So yes, while ideally you need an HID projector housing, it is not too bad to use an HID in a Incandescent/Halogen projector housing
I was using HID's on reflectors and as graaja said, the light was not focused and would just emit a haze that was not useful for either me or oncoming traffic. Would not advice it. I am running projectors now and its a world apart.

Last edited by batterylow : 1st November 2016 at 13:50. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 18:09   #363
Senior - BHPian

For good quality conversion kits you guys can explore HID systems from here

https://www.facebook.com/GM-Works-Pa...3415987003166/

I have seen their install on fellow Fiat forum members rides and the end results are brilliant and reliable. What I like about them is that the guys running the show here are working professionals and do this over the weekends/holidays etc. and take up very selective projects. The products they install/ship out are well researched and the price points are reasonable given that this is more of a passion/hobby for them rather than a full blown commercial enterprise.
Old 18th November 2016, 21:36   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
For good quality conversion kits you guys can explore HID systems from here

https://www.facebook.com/GM-Works-Pa...3415987003166/

I have seen their install on fellow Fiat forum members rides and the end results are brilliant and reliable. What I like about them is that the guys running the show here are working professionals and do this over the weekends/holidays etc. and take up very selective projects. The products they install/ship out are well researched and the price points are reasonable given that this is more of a passion/hobby for them rather than a full blown commercial enterprise.
+1.

I bought my ballasts, bulbs and headlight butyl sealant from them. They guided me with the whole process of installing projectors and were a MASSIVE help since I had never done anything of this sort before.

My projector conversion is covered here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4091602

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4095165
Old 10th May 2017, 12:00   #365
BHPian

I have recently intalled osram hid kit 4200k in Ciaz. Do I need to use relay or just plug & play would be fine?
Old 11th May 2017, 10:01   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
I have recently intalled osram hid kit 4200k in Ciaz. Do I need to use relay or just plug & play would be fine?
I replaced the 35W fogs in my Civic with 55W HIDs. It was plug 'n play. I got the loom kit but have not used it.
Old 11th May 2017, 10:27   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
It is always better to have a relay kit installed for HID.

I was also running HID in my i20 fogs by tapping directly from the fog lamp end point. Initially it worked well, started facing some flickering issue randomly after a few months. Got a relay kit installed and things have been smooth since then. Its been nearly 4 years using the HID in fogs and they are working well
Old 15th May 2017, 12:07   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hello,
I have a 2007 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi Rider classic version. The OEM headlights are quite poor in sufficiently lightning up the roads. So, I have been thinking of upgrading the headlamps to either a better halogen bulb or a HID kit. Also, I don't want to spoil the headlamp reflectors. Please suggest me a suitable option as I have no idea in choosing one. Thanks
I'm assuming your car came with a halogen reflector setup. There are a couple of options when it comes to improving the lighting efficiency:

1. Change the existing bulbs to either Philips Xtremevision or Osram Nightbreakers - this will give you better and brighter light compared to the OEM halogen. However, the lifespan is about a year or so. This is a reasonable compromise given the light output compared to OEM.

2. Retrofit a HID projector setup - this will be a fairly involved job as there are a number of steps here. And this option will also be expensive compared to the one above.
vignesh.cv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 16:16   #369
BHPian

Since the low beams of the XUV are quite pathetic to say the least in the stock guise, i was planning to get a set of HIDs for the low beam projectors on the car and had a few queries around it

A known installer (recommended strongly by a friend) in Mumbai is giving me a good deal on a pair of H7 type HID Kit. It is branded as RSR and comes with a 4300K rating and 55w ballasts.

Is it safe to use 55w setup if one was to expect no damage to the lens due to heat or the bulb to last atleast a couple of years of usage? I am aware that a 35W setup will last longer number of usage hours but will also have a lower beam output.

I honestly havent heard of the RSR brand before this but i guess it comes with a Canbus type Ballast. Is it ok to go for the same considering it costs less than half the cost of a Philips or an Osram kit?

Philips apparently doesnt come under 6000K rating in India as per their website.

LEDs are an alternative but I have no clue about them and I guess they are considerably more expensive than HIDs.
Old 17th August 2017, 00:34   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Since the low beams of the XUV are quite pathetic to say the least in the stock guise, i was planning to get a set of HIDs for the low beam projectors on the car and had a few queries around it

A known installer (recommended strongly by a friend) in Mumbai is giving me a good deal on a pair of H7 type HID Kit. It is branded as RSR and comes with a 4300K rating and 55w ballasts.

Is it safe to use 55w setup if one was to expect no damage to the lens due to heat or the bulb to last atleast a couple of years of usage? I am aware that a 35W setup will last longer number of usage hours but will also have a lower beam output.

I honestly havent heard of the RSR brand before this but i guess it comes with a Canbus type Ballast. Is it ok to go for the same considering it costs less than half the cost of a Philips or an Osram kit?

Philips apparently doesnt come under 6000K rating in India as per their website.

LEDs are an alternative but I have no clue about them and I guess they are considerably more expensive than HIDs.
I have 35w 5000k HIDs in my XUV. You will have black shadows using these. I personally feel it is okay and the light is better than halogen. Please make sure you make a deal with the installer that if there are issues, he will take the kit back. Mahindra has accepted that the projectors are 'not suitable' for HIDs.
Old 27th August 2017, 16:13   #371
BHPian

@All - I am planning to install projector lens with HID bulbs in my Grand i10 to improve the performance during night driving on highways. Could someone please suggest which projector lens and which HIDs should I buy? (Budget - up to INR 15k)

Also, I am also willing to retrofit HIDs into the fog lamps. Would need help here as well.
Old 27th August 2017, 17:53   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
@All - I am planning to install projector lens with HID bulbs in my Grand i10 to improve the performance during night driving on highways. Could someone please suggest which projector lens and which HIDs should I buy? (Budget - up to INR 15k)

Also, I am also willing to retrofit HIDs into the fog lamps. Would need help here as well.
Projectors, HIDs for headlights and fogs for 15k is tight for a branded product. I would suggest you to check out Morimoto. You can select all the parts in their site and calculate the price. If you have anyone coming from US, this is a good option. AVS Tuning in Mumbai is the Morimoto dealer but not sure whether they are authorized. Do check them. It's worth every penny.

Please stay away from the Chinese brands available on AliExpress.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 18:59   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Projectors, HIDs for headlights and fogs for 15k is tight for a branded product. I would suggest you to check out Morimoto. You can select all the parts in their site and calculate the price. If you have anyone coming from US, this is a good option.
Thanks Naveen
I should have put and OR between the headlight part and the fog lamp part.
Could you suggest branded products with cost for both headlights and fog lamps? Are you personally using these?
Old 27th August 2017, 19:21   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali View Post
Thanks Naveen
I should have put and OR between the headlight part and the fog lamp part.
Could you suggest branded products with cost for both headlights and fog lamps? Are you personally using these?
I have used aftermarket projector headlights (not a retro fit. Bought them as one single unit). But these were Chinese/Taiwanese stuff, so the projectors were just satisfactory. As for the HIDs, I have used Osram and Auto Gauge. They were pretty good. I would suggest you check out Osram or Philips (mixed reviews when you compare them) or see if you can get from Morimoto (price is almost similar when compared to Osram/Philips). Many BHPians are using Morimoto and have couple of friends here using it over here and I found the 55w HID's from Morimoto coupled with their projectors to provide amazing output.

To quote what I said previously, try AVS Tuning or if you have anybody coming from US, purchase it directly from their website. As I said, you can order each and every part for the projectors (projector size, shield, type etc).
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:59   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have used aftermarket projector headlights (not a retro fit. Bought them as one single unit). But these were Chinese/Taiwanese stuff, so the projectors were just satisfactory. As for the HIDs, I have used Osram and Auto Gauge. They were pretty good. I would and ........every part for the projectors (projector size, shield, type etc).
Any advice on xp projectors? Read many threads on same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks