Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 19:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review

The store manager has fleeced you. Get the contact details for the local 3M manager and take it up with him. It is not as much a matter of the 2K as it is of principle of fair business.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 01:44   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Though the mats are great no doubt for everyday use. I guess you paid a bit too high price for the same, Recently i got the same mats universal size for i20 for 800/-, They do fit in quite well and for the price paid, I find them bang for the buck.

Much better then those 3d and fabric mats, If we look at practicality purpose.

Cheers,
Sameer
can you let me know from where you bought these in delhi ?
Old 25th June 2014, 01:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
The current rate is around Rs 270/Sq Feet.

I got it done for my Swift (22 Sqft) and the total came to around Rs 6300/- (Inclu taxes).

For ppl in Bangalore, I would strongly recommend anyone planning to go for 3M Nomad mats to go to any 3M Car care store except the one in Marathahalli.

I had a very bad experience with Marathahalli Store....Not sure if this is the right place/thread to mention it.

- I got the 3M Nomad mats at Marathahalli store on 30/Apr/2014 and they did the job pretty well and was done within 20 mins.
- I was in a hurry as I visited that place with my 2 yrs old son who was getting very impatient, so I just paid the bill (didn't even ask how much) and came back home.
- At home when I searched online I got to know for a Swift the cost should be around 4500 (Max).
- Then I looked at the bill and I was shocked. The numbers itself do not match. Even my two year old can to better math then them. I know its my fault by not looking at the bill during the payment but my Son was crying and I just to leave that place. (Attached the bill).

Today (2/May) I called up 3M Car care at HSR and UB City and they confirmed the cost for Swift would be maximum 4500.

When I spoke to guy who was doing the billing he said, Rs 4500 is for Local 3M Nomad Mats and the one I have in my car is new one which is costly. But the pics which KarthikK has uploaded is the exact one I bought.

Then I spoke to Store manager (I think) and he said the cost of the mats has ben revised from January 2014.

I made him call the HSR and UB City Outlet in front me and they confirmed the cost is Rs 4500 only.

Then this Store manager made couple of more calls and then tells me that those stores (HSR/UB City) are still selling at old price and refused to do any refund.

When I asked for the correct bill, he responded back saying the Internet is down and will email me the bill soon (No confirm date).

So bottom line, if anyone is planning to go for 3M nomad mats rush to HSR or UB city and though I stay 5 mins from the Marathahalli branch, I will never ever visit that place :(
even the tax amount is not specified correctly and even if it was it would not total the amount mentioned
Old 24th July 2015, 13:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry macG View Post
Got the 3m nomad mats done for my xuv today for 7202/-, at the store in Santhome. A bit steep price wise, but well worth it in terms of the fit and feel. Besides procured it in brown which is a perfect match to the central console and seat base.

Do you remember the rate per square feet ? I am planning to do it for my Xuv and they said the rate would 260+ taxes and it would be around 28 square feet in total
Old 22nd February 2016, 12:17   #65
BHPian

I am planning to go for the nomad mats on my new Scorpio. For the owners how are they holding up 4-5 years later? Or did you need to get them replaced?
Old 7th April 2016, 18:44   #66

Hey, Thank You KarthikK for the amazing & in depth review of the mats.

Recently I got Polo GT TSI, after due bargaining dealer agreed to give me a set of mud flaps & mats for free apart from the cash discount. At the time of the delivery I realized that these are not original VW mats but it's a stupid third party stuff. I saw the original VW mats, they are also just about average. Then I started hunting for some quality mats, every accessories shop here in Delhi was offering just the regular ones.

Then I came to know about 3D Kagu Mats & 3M Nomad Mats, I was really confused between them. After reading the reviews & seeing the stuff personally I was immediately convinced of the fact that 3D Kagu mats are pretty decent looking but are not much practical when compared to the 3M ones. In no time I was straight headed to 3M Store Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. Current Price of the mats is Rs. 327/- per sq. ft (with Taxes).

The Installation process was about an hour long, the fitment guy first had a discussion with me that how is he going to cut them & after my approval he started the process. The Total Material used was 17.68 Sq. Ft & another 2 Sq. Ft. of Wastage, total billed quantity was 19.68 Sq. Ft (Total for VW POLO - Rs. 6,436/-). I further got a 10% discount by checking in & tagging the place on Facebook & tagging 10 friends.

I am pretty impressed by the quality of the mats, till now they seem to be trapping dirt & all kinds of other stuff such as gravels etc., no contact with liquid yet. Some people think that these mats are not good looking, but I think they are way too practical & I am pretty satisfied with looks as well, I would recommend 3M Nomad mats to everyone over 3D Kagu Mats, the price is almost the same (3D Kagu available for around Rs. 6,000/-)
Attached Thumbnails
3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-img_3403.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-img_3408.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-img_3404.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-img_3405.jpg  

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-img_3406.jpg  

Old 7th April 2016, 19:31   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karank View Post
I am pretty impressed by the quality of the mats, till now they seem to be trapping dirt & all kinds of other stuff such as gravels etc., no contact with liquid yet. Some people think that these mats are not good looking, but I think they are way too practical & I am pretty satisfied with looks as well, I would recommend 3M Nomad mats to everyone over 3D Kagu Mats, the price is almost the same (3D Kagu available for around Rs. 6,000/-)
Congrats on your buy. I have been using 3M Nomad mats in my cars for more than a decade now and they are very reliable and practical. However, one word of caution I would like to leave is to be wary of the driver side mat which can wear out at the place where you rest your right heel. One way to counter that is to have a small piece of carpet or rubber mat placed around that area and the other one is to have full set of rubber mats on top of the 3M mats. I have done the former in my Civic (since the first mat got worn out due to the pressure of the shoe heel while driving and I had a new piece installed) and have gone for the second option in my Esteem.
Old 25th April 2016, 13:52   #68
BHPian

Getting 3M Nomad for my S cross done in Ernakulam. Price is 250 RS plus taxes.
manish.thomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 18:38   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.thomas View Post
Getting 3M Nomad for my S cross done in Ernakulam. Price is 250 RS plus taxes.
Hi Manish, the price looks to be really good. I got it installed two days back at 370 in Bangalore. I need a small help. Can you check if 3M trade mark is printed at the back of the mat. Reason for me asking is the mat which I put now keeps moving and folding at corners. I had installed the mats on safari 6 months back and those mats never used to move around and they had 3m printed on the back in white letters. But I have sold safari so no way to check now...

Thx..
Old 1st May 2016, 23:14   #70
BHPian

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review

Yes 3M nomad is printed on the back. I picked it directly from kerala distributor. They don't move around and remains in place until lifted.

Last edited by manish.thomas : 1st May 2016 at 23:15.
Old 11th June 2016, 13:17   #71
BHPian

Got 3M Nomad mats for my Amaze for Rs. 5980 at Chinchwad. Mats look nice and enhances the interior feel. The rate quoted was Rs. 300 per sq. ft
Received 2 vouchers.
1. Rs. 250 off on bill value of Rs. 1500 & above
2. Refer 3M services to your friend. Referred friend gets a free foam wash along with other billed treatments and I get 1 free car wash
Is this standard across other 3M centers?

Last edited by bigwheelz : 11th June 2016 at 13:21.
Old 1st July 2016, 19:19   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
In a nutshell, practicality is fantastic, fluid/dust holding capacity is fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this to anyone looking to buy such fit-it, forget-it type mats.
Thanks a lot KarthikK for this wonderful review and for making us aware of this product. Since I read your review, I have been thinking of getting these mats for my SX4, but the high cost was the reason I was a bit hesitant. Finally, decided to take the plunge and got these mats for my SX4.

I got these installed at the 3M Car Care HSR Layout. The rate quoted was Rs. 303 per square foot, and for SX4 it takes 19 sq.ft. of mat, so the total cost was around Rs. 5750. The installation and the fitting was done perfectly by the technicians at the 3M place. I had been thinking about getting the generic noodle mats and cutting those myself in a DIY fashion, but I could have never done such a good job. I am totally impressed by the workmanship of the 3M guys.

Another thing to note is that since these mats are custom cut for a specific car, they can be cut to cover a lot larger area that the OEM mats. For example, the mats these guys cut for rear seats extend all the way to the underside of the front seats, which was not the case with the OEM mats.

Here are the pictures. In summary, I am totally happy with the end result.

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-dsc_0170.jpg

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-dsc_0171.jpg

3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review-dsc_0168.jpg

Last edited by Dr.AD : 1st July 2016 at 19:28.
Old 10th October 2016, 11:49   #73
BHPian

I am thinking of getting this installed in my Figo as the Figo readies itself for the 1st anniversary. The price quoted to me is around Rs. 300/- per sq. ft.

I have a black Figo with all black interiors, was wondering which colored mats should I go for. Any suggestions, please?
Old 17th March 2017, 16:11   #74
BHPian

Are these mats very different from the noodle mat roll you find in home decor shops? Has anybody compared?
Old 17th August 2017, 00:32   #75
Senior - BHPian

Whats the craze for these mats. I mean they are expensive. From the pictures atleast they look really ordinary. I know they are custom fit but then wouldnt you get the same custom fit in a cheaper brand.
When something like this does come out into the market its china counter parts arent far behind.
Are they really worth those extra bucks.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks