Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:31   #46
BHPian

re: My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne

Hey Bro,
As a satisfied possessor of 2 skodas, I must admit that this is a beautiful piece of work. That too coming out of Chennai, way to go. Now I've been longing to do something with my 2011 Laura and seeing your work result, the urge is pushing me harder. Congrats and Kudos.

By the way,will it be possible for you to provide some where to buy and how to install details. I am only looking forward to doing some cosmetic job like the headlights, Vrs bumper and grille kit, roof paint, body skirts etc. The re-amp part i'll wait till 2014 as my skoda shield program ends then.
kar.carthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 18:29   #47
BHPian

Hey,

1. Can you upload a few pics of the interiors, want to see the job by Stanley. Was this semi-leather, i.e the front leather and read art.

2. Kyrptonite noted a problem with the K&N Filter. Do you also plan to clean out the filter regularly ? Just looking for another perspective.

3. Did you do the filter and the remap together, would you know if the filter helped you with the stock map.

4. Between Code 6 - Kirrus - ToT , why Code 6 ?
Old 24th July 2013, 15:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post

1. Can you upload a few pics of the interiors, want to see the job by Stanley. Was this semi-leather, i.e the front leather and read art.
Stanley doest do semi-leather. Its full Leather only.
Only few clicked with my mobile, so please dont expect great quality pics

Here you go;

Full Leather From Stanley
My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-img_20130621_065902_20130724125048295.jpg

Perforated Leather for better comfort
My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-img_20130621_065913_20130724124921266.jpg

Simple Black leather + White stitching to go with outer Black and White theme
My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-img_20130625_112335_20130724124527233.jpg

Includes Arm rest and Door Panels as well
My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-img_20130621_070015_20130724124808030.jpg

Quote:
2. Kyrptonite noted a problem with the K&N Filter. Do you also plan to clean out the filter regularly ? Just looking for another perspective.
What exactly is the problem, sorry i missed.
Yes, ideally any aftermarket filters like K&N, BMC require cleaning around 5000-8000 kms (depending on usage and environment).
My filter was changed at 3k kms and currently on 5.5k, will be cleaning when i cross 10k kms.

Quote:
3. Did you do the filter and the remap together, would you know if the filter helped you with the stock map.
I did the filter first, drove for some 10 kms before the Remap. It did have a very mild improvement in higher revvs (noticeable in 3rd gear onwards) along with a slightly throaty induction growl.
However didnt get a chance to dyno it.

Quote:
4. Between Code 6 - Kirrus - ToT , why Code 6 ?
my consideration list was only Pete's, T-O-T and Code 6.

Kirrus was not considered, as they operate out of Mumbai and support would ideally be faster if the company is located in TN/KL/KA

I already have a Pete's map on the Fiesta and i am satisfied with it. Hence wanted to try out new tuners.

TOT was surely in the consideration list till last stage. Infact i have shared numerous PM's with Kryptonite as well.

After the Monte Carlo makeover, i wanted the car to be really really Fast. Probably the Fastest Rapid in the country. At the same time, i wanted a reliable daily driver.

Monte Carlo Edition Makeover
My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-dsc_0270_20130722144026246.jpg

While i was hunting through, i came across a Punto 90 HP which was tuned by Code 6.
The Punto 90 Hp with all its handling prowess was an disappointment to drive, as the power lacking big time. Sometime last year we did a vbox run on the same car and it hit some 15. change to 100. that's damn Slow for a 90 hp engine. The same car after the Code 6 remap did a 12.2 sec run along with outstanding driveability ! I was amazed !

When i understood more, i got to know the level of onroad testing the code 6 guys do and level of customization one can opt for. Infact the Punto after the remap, has crossed some 3k kms without an issues is a testimony for the reliability of the tune.

When i decided to go with Code 6, my car was in Bangalore for almost a 4 days. Road Testing to perfection, before Dyno'ing all the tunes. Basically when you road test like this, you Perfect the tune to suit the requirement.

My Rapid is quite fast to catch by any stock D-Segment Diesel MT Sedan till 180 kmph - Again i am not claiming anything in air. We checked this with two cars - A Stock Cruze and a Remapped Cruze. Under full acceleration, the stock cruze overtook me at 185, the remapped cruze hit me on around 170'ish.

Every car they Remap, they will provide you with stock 0-100, Top speed + Remapped 0-100, Top speed graphs to take away. Another aspect with Code 6 is, you can have unlimited support to the tune of your car till its lifetime. Any Firmware upgrade / revision in tune / updates to a tune are free of cost post first remap.

Code 6 has Multiple Masters and are writing their own codes hence a lot of tweaking to your preference is possible.

The Code 6 Team is in Chennai next weekend to remap few cars. And Guess what, i am getting another tweak to my tune, to improve my Top end (its 192.6 at GPS now (210 on speedo). My car has also completed some 2000 kms after the remap now

Here are few cars they have posted in thier FB page;

My Rapid/stock timing to a ton is 10.5s
My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-17596_649253298436163_1522898349_n.jpg

The Punto 90 HP /stock timing to a ton is 15.3s
My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-530314_649238895104270_1707258013_n.jpg

The mighty BMW 530 D /stock timing to a ton is 6.9s
My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-75508_655703141124512_86948397_n.jpg

They have done up a lot of cars now including, Figos, Fiestas, Swift's Dezires, Cruzes, Elantras, 530 D and Q5's.
To me their own maps, on road testing, customizable tune along with lifetime support are key points in favor of Code 6 tuning

Last edited by Mi10 : 24th July 2013 at 15:22.
Mi10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 18:34   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Infact the Punto after the remap, has crossed some 3k kms without an issues is a testimony for the reliability of the tune.
With all due respect, 3k kms is nothing. I wouldn't call anything reliable after just 3k kms. After 20k-30k kms? Maybe then.

The leather looks great, especially the perforated bit in the centre, how much more than normal leather did the perforated leather cost?
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 14:06   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
With all due respect, 3k kms is nothing. I wouldn't call anything reliable after just 3k kms. After 20k-30k kms? Maybe then.
Yes, i agree. We will get to see the long term reliability of the Code 6 tune in time to come. From what i know, their own cars Tuscan (35k after Remap) and Cruze (22k after remap) have proven the worth.
But, a Code 6 customer's long term ownership reports is a better judge at this.
I will, from my side, update this thread on constant basis for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The leather looks great, especially the perforated bit in the centre, how much more than normal leather did the perforated leather cost?
Stanley is all custom, so they charge 44k if you want Leather for All Seats without door pad leather and 48k if it includes door pad leather.
Perforated or not, the price is the same. I wanted the Original VRS Logo embroidery too, however they said they dont have the expertise for the same.
Also had a look at lot of Skoda's with Stanley from their pictures, but was not too impressed with them. Found Black and White stitching to be simple yet elegant. Perforations was asked to ensure it wasn't too bland to look at
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 13:15   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Stanley doest do semi-leather. Its full Leather only.
Only few clicked with my mobile, so please dont expect great quality pics
Stanley leather's official distributor/partner here in Pune told me Stanley also does a 50/50. Which basically means all body touching parts are leather, and like for example the back of the seat thts done is art. These guys here only do the fitting the covers are actually shipped from Bangalore.

What grade of leather did you get, I am tempted to get the 1.5mm Scandinavian, Lets see. I am yet to weigh in the cost benefit of 50/50 vs full.

Quote:
What exactly is the problem, sorry i missed.
Yes, ideally any aftermarket filters like K&N, BMC require cleaning around 5000-8000 kms (depending on usage and environment).
My filter was changed at 3k kms and currently on 5.5k, will be cleaning when i cross 10k kms.

I did the filter first, drove for some 10 kms before the Remap. It did have a very mild improvement in higher revvs (noticeable in 3rd gear onwards) along with a slightly throaty induction growl.
However didnt get a chance to dyno it.
I had bought it up a while ago, as I was also considering a filter change.

Quoting from Kryptonite's thread -

--Snip--
All oiled filters have a reputation for messing up with the VAG's (Volkswagen Automotive Group) Mass-Air flow sensors. I run my K&N clean, but dry (not oiled), but I clean every 5000kms. PiperCross is foam based, as opposed to cotton guaze based K&N and BMC filters, and is traditionally an oiled filter like K&N and BMC, but keep it clean on a regular basis, don't oil.
--Snip--

--snip--
But then, when I googled K&N stock replacement for VAG (Volkswagen Automotive Group) engines, I hit a ton of threads in various forums with people complaining about engine check lights and glow plug lights flashing after installing after-market filters. Just Google K&N and MAF sensor (mass air flow sensor) failure together, there a hundreds of people who’ve had this issue. Apparently this is due to the oil from cotton gauze filters like K&N, BMC, Green Cotton etc. damaging the sensors to bits, and this seems to be a trend with the VAG engines.
--snip--

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3023284

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2710848

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2652242

I was going through the K&N website and they have rubished all these claims. Also stating that it's just an act by the Dealer/Manufacturers to avoid paying through the warranty.

Do you plan to clean the filters DIY, Sounds like its not very straight forward to clean it manually.

Kryptonite's listed out detailed instructions on removing the filter, even then to me it sounds complicated. Sorry for the no-ob'ish comment.

Also Kyrptonite mentioned that he runs the filter dry. Are you also doing the same, or is it out of the box no changes.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:21   #52
BHPian

I was almost decided to go for K&N in my Rapid, but after reading -ve reviews like santoshr mentioned, I sticked to original filter. Yes about cleaning it by our selves I found bit messy. In my Swift I used to do my self depending on the condition of the roads I drove. Anyway, K&N will be useful a bit at higher RPMs & with some modes like re-map etc.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stanley leather's official distributor/partner here in Pune told me Stanley also does a 50/50. Which basically means all body touching parts are leather, and like for example the back of the seat thts done is art. These guys here only do the fitting the covers are actually shipped from Bangalore.

What grade of leather did you get, I am tempted to get the 1.5mm Scandinavian, Lets see. I am yet to weigh in the cost benefit of 50/50 vs full.
I dont know what grade of Leather it is. From what i know, the stanley outlet in chennai does only full leather types. There are two models to it. The Lower one is what i put and higher one cost upwards of 80k !

Quote:

I was going through the K&N website and they have rubished all these claims. Also stating that it's just an act by the Dealer/Manufacturers to avoid paying through the warranty.

Do you plan to clean the filters DIY, Sounds like its not very straight forward to clean it manually.

Kryptonite's listed out detailed instructions on removing the filter, even then to me it sounds complicated. Sorry for the no-ob'ish comment.

Also Kyrptonite mentioned that he runs the filter dry. Are you also doing the same, or is it out of the box no changes.
I have a dealer nearby who cleans K&N. I used to visit him when i ran those on my bike 3 years back ! He does clean in professional way, only issue is the time taken. As the cleaning process takes 2 hours and then the drying process another 3 hours.
Will post the update when i go for cleaning
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:37   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice and clean mods. Just upgrade the tyres to a better compound ones soon. How is the suspension/handling holding up?
One more thing, be careful when you clean the K&N filter, its the oil they use while cleaning that messes up the MAF sensor.
As for the leather I believe you have put Scandinavian (wise choice) though Stanley do charge extra just for their brand name, the Napa/full grain ones are now exorbitantly priced.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 13:40   #55
BHPian

Congrats on this mod! very clean and lithe looking vehicle. From the looks of it i would say it's only the wheels that are lacking a bit. Some low profile rubber would sure jazz things up.

So did you face any hassles in importing from Czech rep. in delivery etc.
mavrikm5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 16:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Very nice and clean mods. Just upgrade the tyres to a better compound ones soon. How is the suspension/handling holding up?
One more thing, be careful when you clean the K&N filter, its the oil they use while cleaning that messes up the MAF sensor.
As for the leather I believe you have put Scandinavian (wise choice) though Stanley do charge extra just for their brand name, the Napa/full grain ones are now exorbitantly priced.
Thanks Robi !

Yes, I know Tyre upgrade is pending, will be done soon. Suspension / Handling is good, we one know is gentle on the throttle. I still accelerate, but i do it linearly rather than stomping on the pedal. This way i put down the power to road in a way it can handle, rather than putting the drive shafts, and suspension under a lot of stress.
Yes, thanks for the tip on K&N, i will surely watch out.

Before i brought Rapid, the 1.2 TSI was under serious consideration. Had i brought one, your car would been a exact thing i would do . Superbly done up ! Hats off

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrikm5 View Post
Congrats on this mod! very clean and lithe looking vehicle. From the looks of it i would say it's only the wheels that are lacking a bit. Some low profile rubber would sure jazz things up.

So did you face any hassles in importing from Czech rep. in delivery etc.
Yep, slightly bigger / better rubber on cards, if not for Lower Profile one.

Nope, no import was levied for my stuff.

Here is another smashing Pic after a Detailing session.

My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-dsc_0391_20130804212403726.jpg
Old 13th August 2013, 22:38   #57
BHPian

Finally some useful technical discussions in this thread.
Hey Mi10 what about the navigation in your car. any thing special
Old 22nd September 2013, 17:19   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Your answers as below;
1 & 2 - They are Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo Edition's HL and Fog Assembly.
3 - Monte Carlo Edition Grill in Original Paint with 2013 Skoda Logo
4 - It Represents a Powerful version of the Car (About 30 HP and 80 Nm Increase from Stock Specs)
Hi

I was wondering if we could go for fabia scout's headlight wiring harness alongwith the projector headlights as Scout had projectors. In that case the monte carlo lights would become a plug n play affair without requiring splicing of wires or adding any additional circuitry.

Now, the question is, is there a separate wiring harness for the headlights of fabia scout and rapid that can be changed from another. And whether that can be ordered from Skoda separately or is it the complete wiring for the entire car? My dealer is least interested in providing me any information on this issue! Would you be having any idea of this? If possible can you please check with your dealer about this option and the cost?

Regards
Old 30th November 2013, 19:46   #59
BHPian

Hey!

Great mods! Those headlight transform the look of the car.
The price you paid for it also makes it a steal.

Quick question. Afaik unlike the Laura, rapid doesn't come with drls housed next to the fog lights. So how did you manage to get the drls in Monte Carlo fog lights to work? Did you have to play with the wiring?

Let me know.
Also would appreciate it if you could pm me on how much you paid for shipping, customs etc..
Old 7th January 2014, 20:21   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Its my pleasure to present my Modded Skoda Rapid - A Monster in guise of a Family car.
Stay Tuned..

Hi Mi10,

Just wanted to clear a doubt, as you already purchased few stuffs from Superskoda, Now they have on clearance sale Honey Comb Inserts for Skoda Fabia. If i buy that will it be a right stuff to suit our Rapid ?

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/FABI...neycomb-design
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed