Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2015, 16:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Sankar, it's MQ200 & not 250. I read somewhere, for 130PS earlier they used MQ350 gearboxes (not in India). Concern is, Gearboxes should withstand with the extra load on it post remap. Rapid stock specs are 250Nm, they could have used MQ250 atleast or may be MQ350. I'm not a tech expert, just trying to update myself.
Ok, i will re-check and confirm. Visually, In my GT TDI gearbox the area the transaxles come out of the differential looks more like MQ250 than MQ200.
Old 15th May 2015, 11:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Ok, i will re-check and confirm. Visually, In my GT TDI gearbox the area the transaxles come out of the differential looks more like MQ250 than MQ200.
Confirmed.

MQ200 comes in the 1.2 3Cyl Petrol Polo and also the old 1.6 4 Cyl Petrol Polo.
MQ250 came in the old 1.2 3 Cyl TDI CR and comes current TDI CR engines.
Torque capacity of the MQ200 5F 02T is 170NM and torque capacity of MQ250 5F 02R is 250NM.

Vento 1.6 4 Cyl Petrol had AQ250 6F 09G Torque converter AT. Torque capacity is 250NM.

Last edited by Sankar : 15th May 2015 at 11:52.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 14:54   #78
BHPian

@sankar> is MQ250 used in Indian versions? I doubt.
May be in other countries (I think). Rapid's 1.6L TDI also should be MQ200, though I have not checked mine, but read somewhere. Current Ventos also should be MQ200 only can't be 250. Someone has to check it practically.
Old 15th May 2015, 15:22   #79
Senior - BHPian

^^My information comes from VW Technical Documentation (India Specific).
Old 22nd December 2015, 12:46   #80
Senior - BHPian

The Gleam of the sun;
The beauty of the moon,
The warmth of the sand;
The clashing of the waves;
The Gust of the wind,
The whispering of the leaves
The grandeur of the river;
The tranquility of the desert;
Can all be fathomed;
But no one can, my solitude

Time, Effort, Money spent can be quantified, but passion, love and creativity? I don’t know!
People, Process, Technology can be blamed, but Rains, Earthquakes and Floods? I don’t know
Power, Torque and Mileage can be stated, but the chicanes, apex and straights? I don’t know
Hands, Legs and Eyes can be replaced, but Heart, Brain and Soul? I don’t know

A car that was babied, fancied, pampered from day one. A car that had an Identity; A car that had a name, a car that made a statement – The Penguin. As I write the word, P-E-N-G-U-I-N, I realize how fast I typed that. Probably my most used word in the last two and half years.

Brought into this world as a Baby, a nipple sucking, bubbly little darling, which knew nothing of this world. I taught her how to stand up, how to express, how to respond. I brought her new attire, she gifted me beauty. I got her Speed, she gave back grace. I gave her Music, she showered me with applauses, I gave her my time, she ensured me, it was well worth it.

However, she taught me a lot more than what I taught her. She exemplified what assertiveness is about, when she ran amok among a bunch of Cruzes’. When I she moved forward, irrespective of whether I downshifted or upshifted, I learnt in true sense what aggressiveness is. When I made her wait for new set of brakes for 10,000 kms, she showed me what tolerance is about. When I gave her a new engine oil, I was reminded instantly of gratitude. When I revv’ed her to redline, she personified Deep Lust. When I got her a wash, I got reminded of happiness. When I turn the music on, I was taught on spirituality. When I whipped her around the corner, she gave a glimpse of what Balance is about, when I shifted the cogs without mercy, she responded by teaching me what Grit means.

However, my love and benevolence towards her, was ridiculed, mocked and maligned by the treacherous floods. On Dec 2nd, after the rains on the previous day had crippled the entire city, the water from rivers started entering the city. Cold Dec morning, I couldn’t sleep. There was no power or signal. My inverter was already filled with water. My entire ground floor had about 4ft water by then. I couldn’t move out of the house. I don’t know what was happening outside. I had anticipated water logging and hence moved the Penguin to a slightly higher ground. That was also a place where I could see her from a distance of 10-15 meters. As I opened the window, my heart sank like a fresh cotton candy splashed with cold water. I saw her helplessly, as water rose, ft. by ft., slowly but steadily they first engulfed the tyres, they reached for the wheel arches, and later climbed over the Fuel cap. Every hour passed like an eternity. By the end of the day, Penguin was filled till the wheel cap.

A Strange wave of nervousness, uneasiness, passed through my heart. My mind asked me to be cheerful, asked me to believe that nothing will go wrong, that positivity is the way of life. I closed down my heart and chose to remain indifferent.

But when the SA from Gurudev motors told me, it is a Total Loss, I simply refused to believe it. I was reasonably optimistic but when I learnt that water might have entered the ECU, my heart disintegrated into a million pieces. It took two days for me to sink in that feeling that my soul mate will be lost forever. Not many would associate my feelings towards her. For many it is just one of the many rapids, for me it is one which gave me a distinct identity. The random, pings, the random chats, the random PMs ‘Hey I saw your car there; was it you Mi10’ was all too common for me. I have written many types of essays, Travelogues, Reviews, Short stories, Write ups, but this is the first time I am writing an Obituary.

Forever, a place in my heart, and I believe in many hearts of fellow members – RIP, Penguin

My Modded Skoda Rapid: Now, 166 BHP / 351 Nm / 119 Whp per Tonne-12360025_992247387480350_8870007682746490551_n.jpg

Rapid is a name; Penguin is an emotion.
Mi10 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 14:49   #81
Senior - BHPian

Extremely sad brother and my sympathies are with you. I have always kept a track of your thread and you have kept Penguin like your child, so many mods and taking care of her like nothing. I can understand the pain you must be going through but am glad you and your family are safe.

Can see the emotions flowing, cheer up buddy. We will see a better Penguin in your garage very soon and am sure of that.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:25   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post

Rapid is a name; Penguin is an emotion.
Dude,

I really had tears when i read the last few lines. I can feel your emotion.
I lost my Maruti Zen to the 2005 floods, Chevy Optra to the 2008/09 floods and my Grandpa to 2015 floods.

Stay strong Mi10, you will over come. this too shall pass!
B Gurupprasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 18:54   #83
BHPian

Mi10,

I got emotional reading your post. Very sad to see your Penguin go.

I can understand she was close to your heart. Hope by now you must've got a new car and found love in it. RIP Penguin.
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 19:46   #84
BHPian

Man!
What a page.
What a Car.
What emotions!
I had come across this page of yours but was cross referenced from the S-Cross one. Had to read it through in one sitting and was one helluva experience!
Almost put me to tears since I understand the pain of maintaining a car this way!
Kudos for the S-Cross and Condolences for the Rapid!
Boy o Boy, haven't still gotten over it!
Raneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 21:06   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
Boy o Boy, haven't still gotten over it!
One drive in it, is all anyone needs to let go of all stress built up over the years!

She was a different animal altogether..err bird* !
Old 12th January 2016, 21:42   #86
BHPian

I am sure she was. I'm curious to know what the insurance guys would have done with her. Any idea?

I'm sure you would have explored all options to retain her, but still asking : Did you contact VAG for help?
Old 13th January 2016, 12:06   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneeth View Post
I am sure she was. I'm curious to know what the insurance guys would have done with her. Any idea?

I'm sure you would have explored all options to retain her, but still asking : Did you contact VAG for help?
She is still outside my home gathering dust and rust! I did check outside with a trusted mechanic and my friend (who is a German Trio guy), he confirmed it will need a lot more time, effort and money to get it back in shape! Which is beyond the IDV of the car

waiting for Insurance guy to settle and amount - Hopefully another 1 week or so

Last edited by Mi10 : 13th January 2016 at 12:07.
Old 13th January 2016, 13:52   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
She is still outside my home gathering dust and rust! I did check outside with a trusted mechanic and my friend (who is a German Trio guy), he confirmed it will need a lot more time, effort and money to get it back in shape! Which is beyond the IDV of the car

waiting for Insurance guy to settle and amount - Hopefully another 1 week or so
Hi Mi10,
I not only appreciate your care and sentiments for your car but also your skills to express. I am very happy to see a man taking a good care of his machines.

I read somehwere (I think in your S Cross thread) that you had covered the exhaust with the plastic sheet. I hope that has prevented water entry through the exhaust. In that case, how exactly the damage was done?

If you had the same car and now if it going to rain that much tomorrow, will you be able to prevent this damage in the same situation (same water level and same parking place)? If yes, how?

If the insurance company declared it as a total loss just because the repair expenses are higher than the IDV, are you thinking of getting the IDV from the insurance company and putting in some extra money to save her life?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 17:46   #89
BHPian

Now when I have completely read this thread, I am forced to tell you one thing; this was one of those threads on Team-bhp which I read first during my car buying decision process way back in 2014 and at that time I was not a BHPian, in fact I had just come across Team-bhp. Today when I read it again I feel very gloomy at it. Friend, this thread was one of the reasons which convinced me of buying a Skoda Rapid inspite of many people advising me otherwise. My Rapid has always delivered whatever I have asked of it; prolonged high speed expressway runs, handling, cornering, braking, pulling rapidly with boot and even the passenger footwell full of luggage. I wish I could really value and adore it the way you adored yours.

That said Mi10, as I wrote in the S-Cross thread, natural calamities are beyond us - the mortals.

Each time I park this baby and move ahead, I have always been forces to turn back and can't help but appreciate it's sheer European qualities.

Nevertheless, I wish you many happy kilometres on your new car.
cruising_rapid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 21:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi Mi10,
I read somehwere (I think in your S Cross thread) that you had covered the exhaust with the plastic sheet. I hope that has prevented water entry through the exhaust. In that case, how exactly the damage was done?

If the insurance company declared it as a total loss just because the repair expenses are higher than the IDV, are you thinking of getting the IDV from the insurance company and putting in some extra money to save her life?
The water level was much higher than what a plastic sheet could protect!
Forget the exhaust water level was so high that it reached the Fuel cap, Airbox, ECU, Engine Oil cover!

It would be slightly less than my IDV (which i had undervalued for this year ) to get her back to shape.
I did think about bringing her back to life, however, these three facts made me choose otherwise:
  • Skoda A.S.S and its reputation in India
  • Parts availability
  • Reliability after repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post

If you had the same car and now if it going to rain that much tomorrow, will you be able to prevent this damage in the same situation (same water level and same parking place)? If yes, how?
I would have just got her out to the main road when i can. Except for that, there is no means to save the car once the water level has increased. However, my following post will be an useful one in these situations

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks