Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 12:19   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhu View Post
Finally my Bilstein B6 suspension arrived from Germany few days back. I have ordered the suspension from ebay Germany - http://www.ebay.de/itm/261827343434
Thanks to Gannu for providing the information. Overall buying experience is good. The product was packaged well and delivered through DHL to india. Up on arrival in India, the package was handed over to Foreign post office, Mumbai. Customs clearance was done in 3 days. Three days later, the package reached delivery office(Local post office) Hyderabad. Total shipping time was approximately 25 days. It costed me 49k including customs duty. Seller attached material safety data sheet to the shipment upon my request.

Cost of the suspension including shipping charges : 35,453/-
Custom duty : 13,608/-

- Prabhu
Aamzing deal there Prabhu!

A set of B6 for under 50k inclusive of shipping and customs duties, direct from Germany. That is an awesome deal.

How did the customs part work out? Did the post office send you a post card/mail informing you of this shipment and asking you to forward them some details (like package contents, value, ID proofs etc.)? Or did they value it on the basis of the amount indicated outside the box? The duties you've paid is approx. 38% of the total value of the shocks. Is this the amount to be borne by the customer? Or is this a random figure based on the officer who sits in the department while evaluating the shipment?

Let us know the difference once the Bilsteins are in.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th January 2016 at 12:21.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 12:35   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
How did the customs part work out? Did the post office send you a post card/mail informing you of this shipment and asking you to forward them some details (like package contents, value, ID proofs etc.)? Or did they value it on the basis of the amount indicated outside the box? The duties you've paid is approx. 38% of the total value of the shocks. Is this the amount to be borne by the customer? Or is this a random figure based on the officer who sits in the department while evaluating the shipment?
For auto parts the duty works out to about 36%. Adding local taxes/duties such as lbt 38% is very much possible.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 15:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:

A set of B6 for under 50k inclusive of shipping and customs duties, direct from Germany. That is an awesome deal.

Once the package reached foreign post office - Mumbai, I could see the following tracking information:
"Send item to customs"
"Record item customs information - Retention Reason: Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner"

After that package is released from customs and send to the domestic location (Hyderabad local post office). They did not ask me any proofs or information about the package. Postman personally visited our office and informed me that I got a parcel from Germany and I can pickup the parcel by paying the customs duty of Rs 13.6k. When I reached the post office, postmaster presented me with a document containing the amount specified by customs, it did not contain any break-up of the custom charges. I have paid the custom duty, signed the document and picked up the package.

I too felt the customs duty is on the higher side. I will update the feedback on the suspension soon, I'm super excited
Prabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 12:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:

Gannu, Do you know if this suspension (The part numbers are shown in the above pictures I shared) is compatible with Polo GT TSI (1.2L) ?

From Bilstein online catalog below, I see they are compatible:

http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default...D018004&12=100
Attached Thumbnails
Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?-polo-tsi-b6.jpg  

Polo GT TDI: Bilstein B6 or B14 + Eibach springs?-polo-tsi-b62.jpg  

Last edited by Prabhu : 18th January 2016 at 12:52.
Old 18th January 2016, 13:01   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Gannu, Do you know if this suspension (The part numbers are shown in the above pictures I shared) is compatible with Polo GT TSI (1.2L) ?

From Bilstein online catalog below, I see they are compatible:

http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default...D018004&12=100
Yep, the shocks are compatible. The springs are the ones that varies based on the axle load limits of the car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th January 2016 at 13:42.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 21:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my Bilstein B6 suspension arrived from Germany few days back. I have ordered the suspension from ebay Germany - http://www.ebay.de/itm/261827343434

- Prabhu

Excellent buy Prabhu. Selling the shocks only with a set of H&R springs sounds quite ridiculous.Myself also has 1.6 GT TDI and was contemplating upgrading to B6 now that the car has clocked 70k KMs. Do let us know about your drive post the fitment.

Regards,
Avinash
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 21:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Excellent buy Prabhu. Selling the shocks only with a set of H&R springs sounds quite ridiculous.Myself also has 1.6 GT TDI and was contemplating upgrading to B6 now that the car has clocked 70k KMs. Do let us know about your drive post the fitment.

Regards,
Avinash
Thank you Avinash . I have not upgraded the suspension yet. I have purchased a white Polo GT TSI very recently. I'm thinking of fitting the B6 in Polo GT TSI instead of Vento TDI(1.6) as I'm driving my Polo GT more than my Vento.

- Prabhu
Old 22nd January 2016, 22:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Avinash . I have not upgraded the suspension yet. I have purchased a white Polo GT TSI very recently. I'm thinking of fitting the B6 in Polo GT TSI instead of Vento TDI(1.6) as I'm driving my Polo GT more than my Vento.

- Prabhu

I believe the current facelifted GT TSI has a different suspension setup compared to the first gen GT TDI/TSI. The trade-off between ride-quality and handling is also better post the facelift. Maybe someone else can confirm.

My GT TDI (Sep-2013) has a tyre/wheel upgrade and a remap. With 16" wheels, though the roll has decreased and straight-line stability improved, the ride is harsh and bit unpredictable. Going over a crest or rough patch causes the rear to loose contact. Our stock Vento TSI (2013 model) with 15" wheels and stock tyres relatively rolls much more around the corners, but still has more predictable handling.

Thus if there were a set of B6 dampers with me, I think I will fit it in the Polo than in our Vento, more so because of the 16" wheels and the remap in it.

Cheers,
Avinash
Old 1st March 2016, 13:06   #24
BHPian

Hi Prabhu,
Just wanted to know if the Bilstein B6 (that You purchased) will also fit VW Vento TDi.
Kindly provide me Your contact number & confirm if I can contact You over phone for further clarification & assistance.
Thank You,
Arun Kumar,
Bangalore
Old 18th March 2016, 22:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_747 View Post
Hi Prabhu,
Just wanted to know if the Bilstein B6 (that You purchased) will also fit VW Vento TDi.
Kindly provide me Your contact number & confirm if I can contact You over phone for further clarification & assistance.
Thank You,
Arun Kumar,
Bangalore
Hi Arun,

I'm currently out of country. I will give you a call once I'm back in India on 23rd March. I have actually bought it for my Vento 1.6 TDI. But currently I thinking to fit it on my Polo GT TSI

- Prabhu
Old 28th March 2016, 10:23   #26
BHPian

Hi Prabhu,

Thanks so much for Your response.

I am looking forward to Your call as soon as possible.

Regards,
Arun
Bangalore
Old 28th March 2016, 15:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

I've upgrade my Vento with same B6. Shibin was the Pete's Dealer in B'lore. Almost an year back I've 50K only for structs alone. I've used Polo OE springs. costed another 8K.

The only gripe is, you GC will get reduced. Rear tow hook hits the speed breakers when the car has fully loaded boot/3 sitting in the rear. You should also be careful while reversing the car down ramp too.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:35   #28
BHPian

Hi Ramsagar,

Thanks so much for Your message.

I had recently tried sourcing the Bilstein B6 from Pete's. But, i was told by Pete's that B6 is no longer available. So, i'm confused where to buy the Bilstein B6 from.

Request You to kindly advise me on this or do let me know if it's fine to call You sometime when free.

Thank You,
Arun
Bangalore
Old 13th April 2016, 01:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Am also planning to shift to B6 soon so would request your views on how much has the handling/ride improved? Has the annoying bounce over undulations been diminished now? How is the ride quality? Every one who installs B6 is all praises for it.

Why did you go for Polo's springs? Am thinking of ordering B6 for my Vento from ebay denmark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I've upgrade my Vento with same B6. Shibin was the Pete's Dealer in B'lore. Almost an year back I've 50K only for structs alone. I've used Polo OE springs. costed another 8K.

The only gripe is, you GC will get reduced. Rear tow hook hits the speed breakers when the car has fully loaded boot/3 sitting in the rear. You should also be careful while reversing the car down ramp too.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 13th April 2016 at 01:46.
Old 14th April 2016, 09:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_747 View Post
Hi Ramsagar,

Thanks so much for Your message.

I had recently tried sourcing the Bilstein B6 from Pete's. But, i was told by Pete's that B6 is no longer available. So, i'm confused where to buy the Bilstein B6 from.

Request You to kindly advise me on this or do let me know if it's fine to call You sometime when free.

Thank You,
Arun
Bangalore
I'm not aware of B6 being stopped. Have you tried reaching out to Pete directly? (Not Shibin - B'lore) I'm sure there is something out there to replace B6 from Bilsteins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Am also planning to shift to B6 soon so would request your views on how much has the handling/ride improved? Has the annoying bounce over undulations been diminished now? How is the ride quality? Every one who installs B6 is all praises for it.

Why did you go for Polo's springs? Am thinking of ordering B6 for my Vento from ebay denmark.
Yes. The structs are very good, specially for our indian Roads. I'm able to take turns with speed of 100+kmph, which was not the case with OE's which use to step out at 70-80kmph.
It will stick like a leech on the roads. I'm running on XM2 with 195/60*15 on OE alloys.

B6+OE Springs : Structs will reduce the GC by good number and hence, you will start hearing a very annoying "thunk.....thunk" kind of sounds when you pass by any uneven roads, gaps between the flyovers etc.

B6+Polo Springs : The above sounds vanishes. Heard Polo springs are sturdy & strong enough to handle the extra weight of Vento boot.

I've practically experienced with both Polo & Vento springs. Later is the way to go for Vento.

You can reach out to me anytime on my number : 98457-33445
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks