Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 13:53   #556
BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

I saw the hella wipers at reliance outlet in HSR layout. im considering changing my stock ones.
Whats the size for Safari Dicor? front & rear

thanks
Keyan
Old 25th October 2011, 14:11   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Hi, can u let me know from which shop in Bangalore did you pick up the Hella Premium wipers and how much did they cost?
Sachin's Auto shop in Koramangala have Hella blades.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 15:27   #558
BHPian

I have replaced front windshield a month before for palio along with bosch blades. I have noticed in recent rains it leaves slight fuzzy with traces of water on the windshield causing visibility problem. What could be the problem is this a imperfect windshield surface causing water spots or the new blade defect.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 25th October 2011, 15:55   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyank View Post
I saw the hella wipers at reliance outlet in HSR layout. im considering changing my stock ones.
Whats the size for Safari Dicor? front & rear

thanks
Keyan
I would not suggest Hella wipers. I recently changed my stock wipers on my i20 with Hella and trust me they conked off in just 2 months inspite of very low usage. I got them at Torque in Jeevanbhima Nagar. Planning to get a Bosch blades now.
Old 25th October 2011, 16:26   #560
BANNED

My new Bosch wiper also leaves a few streaks, but I fought and wrestled with it while learning how to replace a wiper blade. The edge has pinch marks due to it.

-Ragul
Old 13th January 2012, 18:35   #561
BHPian

Have any one bought Bosch wipers in Bangalore recently? i went to Sachin's autoshop today for changing the wipers for my Zen (type II). but they dint have Bosch and said it's not available anymore, as Bosch has sold off that division or so (including Blaupunkt). Could not quite believe it; but the guys were really nice and assured that Hella is equally good.

Had to settle for Hella at a cost of 470/- for set of 3. have' nt observed the performance yet; it's only been an hour since i changed it. maybe i can report back after my long trip planned for next week.
Old 13th January 2012, 19:02   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENnist View Post
Have any one bought Bosch wipers in Bangalore recently? i went to Sachin's autoshop today for changing the wipers for my Zen (type II). but they dint have Bosch and said it's not available anymore, as Bosch has sold off that division or so (including Blaupunkt).
I too heard the same about Bosch. Hence I settled for the Hella's. Does a pretty good job
speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 23:24   #563
BHPian

Well, after using Bosch Aerotwins on my Ikon for quite a while (Vehicle sold now), I wanted to go for the same for my Verna, which (unfortunately) comes with a 22" & 16" blade.

Almost every distributor, dealer, retailer (Yes, close to contacted everyone in Bangalore) had 16inch Bosch Aerotwin but not the 22 incher. Even the Business Manager of Bosch, Bangalore was contacted for this and he inturn contacted every person possible to procure one for me but of no luck. He did say something about the availability of Bosch Aerotwins is currently very less (could be production stop may be).

Finally decided to leave Bosch, now the hunt started for Hella Dyna Edge... Same old story, hardly anyone had the 22 incher (that includes Hella Distributors, Dealers, Reliance Autozone, HSR Layout...etc). The hunt finally ended at Sachin's Autoshop, Koramangala who had the 22incher of Hella Dyna Edge (and ofcourse the 16" one too). I'm not sure of the life and reliability of these Hella blades, but they sure feel a lot smoother on the glass and absolute zero noise than the Bosch Aerotwins.

Pictures of the casing and the price tags attached..

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-edit11.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-edit22.jpg

Hope it helps.

- Prasanth Addala
pr_ans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 14:24   #564
Senior - BHPian

Bosch wipers in Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Well, after using Bosch Aerotwins on my Ikon for quite a while (Vehicle sold now), I wanted to go for the same for my Verna, which (unfortunately) comes with a 22" & 16" blade.

Almost every distributor, dealer, retailer (Yes, close to contacted everyone in Bangalore) had 16inch Bosch Aerotwin but not the 22 incher. Even the Business Manager of Bosch, Bangalore was contacted for this and he inturn contacted every person possible to procure one for me but of no luck. He did say something about the availability of Bosch Aerotwins is currently very less (could be production stop may be).

Finally decided to leave Bosch
I think you'd have an easier time if you went for the Bosch Ecos. Picked up a 22/16 set (Rs 320) for my Verna, and a 20/18 set (Rs 325) for ShuvC's Baleno from the Kolkata distributor of Bosch. Readily available.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-sdc12569.jpg

Here are the contact details of the Kolkata distributor, for reference (Also available on the dealer locator page of Bosch India):

Shubhra Distributor
3, Princep Street
West Bengal - 700072
Mr.A.K.Agarwal
033 40054447
shubhra.bcd@gmail.com
Old 9th March 2012, 06:24   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz

I think you'd have an easier time if you went for the Bosch Ecos. Picked up a 22/16 set (Rs 320) for my Verna, and a 20/18 set (Rs 325) for ShuvC's Baleno from the Kolkata distributor of Bosch. Readily available.

Here are the contact details of the Kolkata distributor, for reference (Also available on the dealer locator page of Bosch India):

Shubhra Distributor
3, Princep Street
West Bengal - 700072
Mr.A.K.Agarwal
033 40054447
shubhra.bcd@gmail.com
I think the ones you are referring to are Bosch premium blades, those are available in Bangalore as well. As mentioned, the ones I was looking for were Bosch Aerotwins, a single blade of this category would cost around Rs.1000. Aerotwins of 22inch are no where to be found in Bangalore.
Old 9th March 2012, 09:40   #566
Senior - BHPian

I think aero twins are not available as I too settled for Hella DynaEdge blades, similar in design to Aero twins, they are working well as of now but i think one of the blades i choose a smaller size as there is a streak of water left at the end.

On my Zen i was using a taiwan made brand called Siliper, these were really good. But again not finding them anymore.
Old 16th May 2012, 16:36   #567
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys! Now that the rains are approaching its time to get ourselves a good set of wipers. I am sure that the Bosch Aerotwins would be everyone's first choice as they clean really well (speaking from experience as I had them on my Swift) and they look uber cool.

Now the question is where are the 'original' ones available and what is the right size for your vehicle. I have a Polo and on physically measuring the front blades, I found them to be 22"/15". Read elsewhere that it is 22"/16". The rear wiper is 10".

Now I have asked around and told that Bosch dont make 15" wipers and I will either get a 16" which would probably be too big and overshoot the glass OR a 14" which would be short and not give the right/perfect coverage. Bosch done make Aerotwins for the rear wiper. So I am confused as to what is to be done.

I am also thinking about buying the OE wipers from Skoda which are on the Fabia as I have noticed that their wipers are flat ones similar to the Aerotwins. I am also assuming that they are the same size as that on the Polo. What you guys think?
Old 16th May 2012, 18:08   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Now the question is where are the 'original' ones available and what is the right size for your vehicle.
Dont know about aerotwins but i went to the local authorised Bosch Aftermarket sellers (jeaco motors, manish motors and the third one listed on their site is closed)
none of them had wiper blades OR brake pads for Honda City ZX or Alto!
Even shooting a mail did not get any response and the phone number mentioned for their chandigarh office is out of order for 2 months.
After seeing this horrible state of affairs i decided to forget bosch and got hella wipers and OEM brake pads.
Seriously did not expect such pathetic availability and customer response from Bosch! Thank god i didnt but their washing machine, they would almost be worthy of competing with IFB for the worst service ever!
Old 16th May 2012, 18:12   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
Dont know about aerotwins but i went to the local authorised Bosch Aftermarket sellers (jeaco motors, manish motors and the third one listed on their site is closed)
none of them had wiper blades OR brake pads for Honda City ZX or Alto!
Even shooting a mail did not get any response and the phone number mentioned for their chandigarh office is out of order for 2 months.
After seeing this horrible state of affairs i decided to forget bosch and got hella wipers and OEM brake pads.
Seriously did not expect such pathetic availability and customer response from Bosch! Thank god i didnt but their washing machine, they would almost be worthy of competing with IFB for the worst service ever!
I believe you are right. Apparently the Hella Dynaedge wipers seem to be sweeping the market and are apparently as good, if not better than Bosch Aerotwins. I just found out and they are available for 1200 a pair.
Old 17th May 2012, 12:35   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I believe you are right. Apparently the Hella Dynaedge wipers seem to be sweeping the market and are apparently as good, if not better than Bosch Aerotwins. I just found out and they are available for 1200 a pair.
Hella is good initially but after few weeks of usage, the wiper blades are lossing their property and turning hard i think. They make a noise similar to the noise that happens when you swipe your finger over a clean wet glass. Also there are streaks being left by the wiper. So i went back to the stock blades of the Manza.

I am not sure if this will be case with others but my car is parked outside so maybe that is the reason.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks