Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 22:07   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Its been a year since I've put Bosch ClearAdvantage wipers. Some observations:

1. Wipers have started streaking now. However after 3-4 minutes in the rain, they stop streaking!

2. The edge, about 3/4 of an inch lifts off a bit on the passenger side, as in it is not resting fully on the glass.

3. There is a spillover, water comes off the edge from the driver side blade onto the passenger side on the return wipe, effectively wetting the entire passenger side. Is this normal?

4. Wipers started to hop a bit; very little on driver side but the passenger side hops quite badly. If I use a sealant (wax like thing) on the glass, the hops stop. But they start hopping after some 10-15 wipes.

Even i face the hopping wipers on my i20 . But the difference is only the driver side starts to hop after some usage, say 5 mins. Also what i noticed is after running the wiper on medium/ half setting for a 5-10 mins, the wiper action becomes slower, as if the motor has become tired ! Dunno why. Its been the same with all wiper-stock and bosch. Now using clear advantage since last 1 month
Old 20th July 2013, 22:53   #842
Senior - BHPian

Am unable to find Bosch wiper blades in the Auto shops, they all have Hella wiper.

Anyone used Hella wipers? How is it compared to Bosch?
Old 21st July 2013, 02:06   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Am unable to find Bosch wiper blades in the Auto shops, they all have Hella wiper.

I use Hella DynaEdge. They are very good - clean the glass well and silent operation. Couldn't have asked for more.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:06   #844
Senior - BHPian

I am using Numak flat blade wiper blades for the last one month. So far, it is going great and cost me just INR 550 for a pair. I will keep you guys posted on how this one fares over time. Looks to be a great option.

http://www.numak.in/index_files/Page667.htm
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:03   #845
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, anyone know of a place online where I can buy either Hella's or Bosch's for a current gen Honda City? Tried searching for some places, but only really came up with Vicky.in, which I'm worried about buying from.

Or if someone could point me towards a shop in the Andheri area where I can buy 'em offline
Old 24th July 2013, 15:00   #846
BHPian

Replaced one year old stock front wipers on my figo with a pair of 22/16 Bosch Clear advantage today. Cost Rs. 850. As it is raining frequently in Chennai will have a good QC on them in the coming few days.
Old 26th July 2013, 02:16   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

I'm inclined to say Bosch is better.

Few weeks ago, I had posted a review on GM/Aero/whatever blades. I returned them to Snapdeal and ordered the basic Hellas instead.
  • These are my observations on the Hellas, after using them a bit. However, please remember that I am comparing with Bosch wipers made some 3 - 4 years ago. If the quality is the same, then what I say will hold true.
  • Build and finish not quite as good as Bosch. Noticed some small scratches too.
  • They seem to make more noise. Noise seems to be due to the metal frame and seems to occur when the wipers change direction. The play in the frame seems to cause it. The GMs frameless wipers were definitely the quietest... possibly quieter than basic Bosch wipers. Don't take that as a recommendation for GM - I'v posted my experience with them in earlier posts.
  • The wipe quality seems a tad lower than Bosch. At the extreme end of their range, I notice that it somehow does not wipe that well (about an inch of the arc).

Can't comment on Hella's durability yet. Bosch lasted some 2 - 3 years.

Based on my exerience, given an option, I'd buy only Bosch. Esp. since there is almost no price difference. However, if you just can't get them, its not that the Hellas are terrible.

I really wish genuine Bosch wipers could be made available online. Its just too much hassle to get genuine recently manufactured wipers offline.

Last edited by Raccoon : 26th July 2013 at 02:21.
Raccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 19:50   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Replaced one year old stock front wipers on my figo with a pair of 22/16 Bosch Clear advantage today. Cost Rs. 850. As it is raining frequently in Chennai will have a good QC on them in the coming few days.
Could you please clarify if it is Rs 850 for a pair? Are these available individually so that one can choose the appropriate sizes?
Old 28th July 2013, 20:06   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post

Could you please clarify if it is Rs 850 for a pair? Are these available individually so that one can choose the appropriate sizes?
Yes. A pair of 22 and 16 inches cost 850. They come in pairs of different sizes in a single package. Not sure if they sell it as individual pieces.
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 20:13   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
No CBlazer, Aero twins are in pairs for a particular application. These come in pairs of same sizes for M&M Jeeps. I dont think they might fit a Figo though.
Will PM you the catalogue.
Conventional wipers are now available in singles.
unk9ja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 09:02   #851
Senior - BHPian

Got Aerotwins installed on my Xylo yesterday from Mustang Motors, Cochin. Paid 13XX including taxes and install.

Ideally Xylo needs 24" on driver side and 19" on passenger side, they didn't had stock of 19" and had to install 18" on passenger side. No visible issues, could notice a very narrow arc in the lower middle portion of the windshield while cleaning and it doesnt hamper the view anyways.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 10:26   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Driver side wiper hopping

Guys, facing this problem since a very long time(2 years to be precise).

Wiper in my i20 follows the following pattern
-> Initially, the wipers move smoothly.
-> Afterwards,the driver side starts juddering
->Later the wiper starts hopping, i can clearly see the hopping marks where the wiper kinda gets stuck on the windshield.
->When the hopping occurs i notice that the wind shield is not completly clear even though the wiper is wiping. There seems like some kind of haze on the outside of the windshield.
->Feels like the wiper motor is tired ,ie,the wiping speed reduces

This happens with all the wipers(OEM, Bosch, now Clear Advantage). Have no idea why its happening. I have clayed the windshield.Applied Rain-X . Still no use.

Any brainwave on what could be the reason is highlt appreciated? I badly need a solution for this!
Old 6th August 2013, 10:30   #853
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driver side wiper hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Any brainwave on what could be the reason is highlt appreciated? I badly need a solution for this!
This looks more of a mechanical issue of the Wiper unit. Irrespective of the blades, still the movement is not as required. May be the blade is not freely moving over the windshield due to lack of pressure from the arm or more pressure from the arm?
Old 11th August 2013, 11:14   #854
BHPian

Re: Driver side wiper hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys, facing this problem since a very long time(2 years to be precise).

Wiper in my i20 follows the following pattern
-> Initially, the wipers move smoothly.
-> Afterwards,the driver side starts juddering
->Later the wiper starts hopping, i can clearly see the hopping marks where the wiper kinda gets stuck on the windshield.
->When the hopping occurs i notice that the wind shield is not completly clear even though the wiper is wiping. There seems like some kind of haze on the outside of the windshield.
->Feels like the wiper motor is tired ,ie,the wiping speed reduces

This happens with all the wipers(OEM, Bosch, now Clear Advantage). Have no idea why its happening. I have clayed the windshield.Applied Rain-X . Still no use.

Even, I have the same issue with my FIGO. This seems more prominent if I am using the Aerotwins. Recently, I switched to the normal Hella wipers and the problem seems reduced but not totally resolved. Planning to seek advice from the SA at Cauvery Ford during my 30 K service in a couple of weeks.
Old 7th September 2013, 07:59   #855
Senior - BHPian

What size are Fiesta wipers?

Looking for other car wipers which can fit the Fiesta. Because I'm in Ooty right now with no Ford and a screwed up wiper blades. No amount of cleaning is helping.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks