Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2014, 15:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Vik that is a wise decision. The manual of the new disc break says do break bleeding after 800-1000kms. I just did it this morning and the break paddle has become firm to press and definitely jams the car quite well. I will click some pictures and post them. Just give me sometime.
Thanks for your appreciation.

First of all i want to tell you that you have got one hell of a modded car ! DROOOOOL

Does the rear disc set come with its ABS sensors? Also has the ABS been calibrated so that it detects the rear as discs and not drums?
Old 17th July 2014, 16:09   #17
BHPian

re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
First of all i want to tell you that you have got one hell of a modded car ! DROOOOOL

Does the rear disc set come with its ABS sensors? Also has the ABS been calibrated so that it detects the rear as discs and not drums?
Yes it comes with abs sensor. Through the vcds we changed the settings from hard to abs setting. Yes to all your queries.

Get in touch with sugesh www.vagtune.com he will guide you.
Old 17th July 2014, 19:03   #18
BHPian

A set of Recaro's should feel at home in your Polo. Get them before you do the leather. Great mods there 😀
Old 18th July 2014, 10:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Great work Saint! Car looks great. How did u communicate with Thambu and Vinod at RRP? They sit all the way in Bangalore! Was the Exhaust ordered via phone?

EDIT: You should also look at the Polo R line Body kit. Its a retrofit kit and will look great with the rims.
Do vagtune have a set-up in mumbai? Their website states they are based in dubai.

Last edited by Fullrevs : 18th July 2014 at 10:43. Reason: Additional content and queries.
Old 18th July 2014, 11:06   #20
BHPian

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified

Woah!! You did change the entire definition of TSI. You have no idea how many times I must have opened your thread just to check the mods. Crazy buddy! Enjoy your car and drive safe. And please more pics

Last edited by Amarendranath : 18th July 2014 at 11:07.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 13:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Great work Saint! Car looks great. How did u communicate with Thambu and Vinod at RRP? They sit all the way in Bangalore! Was the Exhaust ordered via phone?

EDIT: You should also look at the Polo R line Body kit. Its a retrofit kit and will look great with the rims.
Do vagtune have a set-up in mumbai? Their website states they are based in dubai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
A set of Recaro's should feel at home in your Polo. Get them before you do the leather. Great mods there ��
I called up Vinod who heads the sales and Thambu is the technical guy @ RRP, they called in a polo gt tsi for measurement and then confirmed back that it can be done, 4 working days to do the job and 2 day shipment to Four season Mumbai, Four season is their dealer in Mumbai, I went there to get it installed. I ordered this over the phone and paid advance at 4 seasons.

R line I want to install but I have spent a fortune until now, maybe I will do the front bumper only, just thinking. thanks for the appreciation.

You can speak with Vinod at 09840427226, they will have the size with them now as they did for my car.

You can call up sugesh vagtune Kochi 09895330033. he is very helpful.

I hope this helps.

cheers and happy shopping.

Last edited by The Saint : 18th July 2014 at 13:10. Reason: missed replying to one query
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 13:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I called up Vinod who heads the sales and Thambu is the technical guy @ RRP, they called in a polo gt tsi for measurement and then confirmed back that it can be done, 4 working days to do the job and 2 day shipment to Four season Mumbai, Four season is their dealer in Mumbai, I went there to get it installed. I ordered this over the phone and paid advance at 4 seasons.

R line I want to install but I have spent a fortune until now, maybe I will do the front bumper only, just thinking. thanks for the appreciation.

You can speak with Vinod at 09840427226, they will have the size with them now as they did for my car.
Hi Saint! I know Vinod and Thambu. They were very helpful to me when I got the BMC installed in my Honda CRV. I have been in discussion with them for a SS FFE minus the end piece as I already have a Magnaflow. They are quite busy with rally preparation and havent really done a exhaust system for a CRV before. So they need ample time to sit and work with my car. Will show u the results once its done.

Whenever the budget permits you must certainly go for the R line Body kit. Looks fantastic. Maybe after the current mods bore you out.
Old 21st July 2014, 13:21   #23
BHPian

A further update, finished doing leather seats by genious, done it at lokhandwala Mumbai, I know this guy from last few years, just wanted to keep it simple and classy, I did a red a black combination as that is the theme I am following for my car, I hope you all like the fitment.

Major upgrades done some detailing is left on the inside and the outside, waiting for my orders to arrive but trust me you will love the detailing.

In major installation only speakers and flip camera is left which should be done by this weekend, rest of the minor stuff will happen in next 15 days.

I will do a final round of pic upload once the car is ready, please bear with me until then.

remap figures as per pete's chart now is:

BHP- from 105 to 125
Torgue- from 175 to 210.

I feel the difference in the low and the md range, to put in lay man terms prespective the D drive now gives the feel of the S- drive, I haven't done any dyno or a 0-100.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-front-seat-close-up.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-full-view-seats.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-rear-seats-red-black.jpg  

My VW Polo GT TSI - Modified-top-front-view.jpg  

The Saint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 14:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I did a red a black combination as that is the theme I am following for my car, I hope you all like the fitment.

BHP- from 105 to 125
Torgue- from 175 to 210.
Subtle yet Special The Saint.

I am a big fan of simplicity and bling kind of puts me off totally. And I honestly just love your foresight in keeping it simple, whether its the cosmetic or performance upgrades. Brilliant bro, keep it going this way.

With respect to the seat covers, the 'Red & Black' theme seems to be a total mismatch from the OEM interiors. I think you are working on all this and I will hold back my opinion until you are through with it, which I am sure will be awesome.

Can you please give more details on the 'Flip Camera' bro ? This I think is similar to the ones found on Passat.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 21st July 2014 at 14:04.
Old 21st July 2014, 15:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Subtle yet Special The Saint.

I am a big fan of simplicity and bling kind of puts me off totally. And I honestly just love your foresight in keeping it simple, whether its the cosmetic or performance upgrades. Brilliant bro, keep it going this way.

With respect to the seat covers, the 'Red & Black' theme seems to be a total mismatch from the OEM interiors. I think you are working on all this and I will hold back my opinion until you are through with it, which I am sure will be awesome.

Can you please give more details on the 'Flip Camera' bro ? This I think is similar to the ones found on Passat.
I am finding ways to do stuff around on the interior which came with the car, not much that I can do, still trying to crack it, there are options available but I am not convinced about the quality and durability.

yes the camera is like the Passat, I will share the installation pics once done by this weekend or early next week.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:44   #26

That's one helluva list of mods.Would really love to see the pictures once you have completed the works. How was your experience working with the guys in Kochi.

Do they have any contact in Mumbai. You got to be a real car enthusiast to drive all the way to Kochi to get all this done.

Impressive it is
Pottermore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottermore View Post
That's one helluva list of mods.Would really love to see the pictures once you have completed the works. How was your experience working with the guys in Kochi.

Do they have any contact in Mumbai. You got to be a real car enthusiast to drive all the way to Kochi to get all this done.

Impressive it is
Thanks a lot for your appreciation, experience at kochi was amazing, Sugesh at Vagtune is gem of a guy, guys at petes and Peter himself is very helpful and down to earth, over all a great job professionally executed to the T.

Yes I wanted to drive to Kochi as I always believe do the mods where these guys have their den, it is always better that ways, atleast for me.

I would like to thank my friends Sam and Priya who supported me and drove in their XUV to make this trip more memorable, it was truly fun to do this trip.

Mumbai Vagtune doesn't have any contact as of now, but you can reach out to him on his mobile and he will work out a way. Petes has dealer at peddar road, kundal mal service center, Rishad is the guys name and he is very sweet and helpful.

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:49   #28
BHPian

Congrats Saint,nice and a huge list of modifications. Keep it coming. The car deserves a photo shoot and we all need good pictures ASAP .
Drool Stuff

Regards
Suraj
Old 23rd July 2014, 15:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
Congrats Saint,nice and a huge list of modifications. Keep it coming. The car deserves a photo shoot and we all need good pictures ASAP .
Drool Stuff

Regards
Suraj
Thanks, yes I am going to do a professional photo shoot of the car with slr for sure, just want to finish all the pending mods and detailing, I guess will be ready by 15th august and some stuff is in transit.

I will definitely post pics.

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2014, 15:46   #30

Thanks for the info. Will Ping you for the contacts and special recommendations

You have really inspired me to do up my machine.

Some stuff still in transit? Is there more happening?
Pottermore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed