Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2022, 21:34   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Installed! TRW Struts in my VW Vento

To all the guys who couldn't get the rear shock absorbers from Sachs - what was the part number you were searching for?

From my last research, I had noted these numbers for Sachs-
Front : 413717
Catalogue link: https://aftermarket.zf.com/go/en/sac...&countryID=IND

Rear : 313378

These part numbers are compatible with the 'orginal' parts that came with the initial batches of Vento.

Fearing that the shock absorbers were shot, I had done this research atleast 5 years ago and had noted it down in Gmail. It's another story that the Gabriels are intact after 120k kms.

I can't recollect any more findings from my research, so caveat emptor.

Last edited by Turbohead : 14th June 2022 at 21:35.
Old 19th June 2022, 15:58   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
To all the guys who couldn't get the rear shock absorbers from Sachs - what was the part number you were searching for?

From my last research, I had noted these numbers for Sachs-
Front : 413717

Rear : 313378

These part numbers are compatible with the 'orginal' parts that came with the initial batches of Vento.

I can't recollect any more findings from my research, so caveat emptor.
Front shock part number- 314 717
Rears from my research on zf aftermarket is 313 378.

Sourced front sachs struts. Difficult to find the rear shocks though
Whiteburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 21:20   #138

Hello BHPians,
I'm new to this forum as a member however, I was going over articles and discussions happening here for the past 3 years.
I have a query regarding the suspension upgrade on my Vento.

Anyone knows about or have any experience with AL-Ko suspensions? One of the local vendors in Calicut is suggesting this brand over TRW for my 2015 Vento HL 1.6 model.
Is it worth trying out a relatively unknown brand? or am I the only one who doesn't know about this brand?

Please help me to decide on this.

Thank you!!
Old 14th August 2022, 06:44   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpekter View Post
Hello BHPians,
I'm new to this forum as a member however, I was going over articles and discussions happening here for the past 3 years.
I have a query regarding the suspension upgrade on my Vento.

Anyone knows about or have any experience with AL-Ko suspensions? One of the local vendors in Calicut is suggesting this brand over TRW for my 2015 Vento HL 1.6 model.
Is it worth trying out a relatively unknown brand? or am I the only one who doesn't know about this brand?

Please help me to decide on this.

Thank you!!
I checked out their website. Although it doesnt seem like a bad brand and are making various products but they seem to be mainly focused on commercial vehicles, trailers and shocks for trailers and vans, trailer manouvering tech, chassis for commercial vehicles but couldn't.find shocks for regular passenger vehicles. So although it might be a good brand as such, its difficult to know the genuineness of the product you're being offered and actual suitability for your car even if it is genuine Al-Ko made.
Racer911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 16:51   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpekter View Post
Hello BHPians,
I have a 2022 Polo 1.0 TSI automatic. It has run 12500 km. Recently the ride became wobbly. I wanted to go for Sachs suspension since I had experienced it in my Vento (2013 model), but could not get from reliable contacts. My friend who owns a garage suggested Al-Ko and I got it fixed for both front and back. The car handles beautifully now. Slightly on the stiffer side, but handling and high speed stability is great now.
The OEM break pads (TVS) were worn out and the disc was also unevenly worn within 12500 km. Changed the disc (OEM) and break pads (Ate, Germany). The whole character of the car has changed now.
Old 16th September 2023, 10:45   #141
BHPian

Checking-in : Has anybody installed Schaeffler Struts on their Vento ? If so, how have they been performing ? Trying to find Sachs, called mutliple vendors but no one has any stock available, hence considering Schaeffler now.
Old 16th September 2023, 12:00   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Checking-in : Has anybody installed Schaeffler Struts on their Vento ? If so, how have they been performing ? Trying to find Sachs, called mutliple vendors but no one has any stock available, hence considering Schaeffler now.
I have heard mixed reviews regarding schaefler struts. Being India-made (pune based) I think, they have polarizing opinions. Some say they are the best and some say they have not even last for 10K Kms.

Anand Tempo House (Pune) +91 90117 82233
MartinVirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 22:26   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
I have heard mixed reviews regarding schaefler struts. Being India-made (pune based) I think, they have polarizing opinions. Some say they are the best and some say they have not even last for 10K Kms.

Thanks for the reply, hmmmm thats kind of a bummer. Really want something reliable. Next option on my list was Meyle, probably might go for them.
Old 17th September 2023, 23:30   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Thanks for the reply, hmmmm thats kind of a bummer. Really want something reliable. Next option on my list was Meyle, probably might go for them.
Extremely Sorry! The number above is a dealer dealing with Sachs parts in Pune. Also, there is spareshub.com with their head office in Baner, Pune. Somehow the explanation to the phone number was deleted by me.
MartinVirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 15:52   #145
BHPian

Sachs Shock absorber numbers

Front: 314 717 (Same for polo vento and step brothers and sisters)

Rear: 317357 317336

290887 and 313378 are also compatible but according to the ZF aftermarket website, these two are twin tubes, while the 317357 and 317336 are mono tube. so I am guessing they will provide a more rigid damping. the front 314717 is mentioned as a twin tube and no monotube alternatives available as an OEM replacement.

I've ordered the same through a local dealer who surprisingly had the entire Sachs and also the Bilstein catalogue with him and ready to source it. Although said it might take upto a month for them to arrive. total cost of entire Sachs package with front and rear shocks, dust cover, Sachs strut mount, sachs or lemforder connecting rod etc was roughly totalled to around 25 to 26K. final cost upon arrival might go up by max 1 or 1.5K depending on price revisions by the company.

Last edited by Racer911 : 1st October 2023 at 15:54.
Old 29th January 2024, 12:24   #146
BHPian

Hi, does anyone have experience with Meyle Struts on Vento or Polo? My Vento desperately needs front suspension, and I just can't procure Sachs from anywhere. I definitely don't want to go with the OEM Gabriel crappies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks