Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your favourite number-plate font.
IND font 217 45.21%
DC font 40 8.33%
German font 114 23.75%
Speedex font 1 30 6.25%
Speedex font 2 20 4.17%
Whatever the dealership fits on my car 28 5.83%
Spanish font 5 1.04%
Frankmehta's Chevrolet Cruze font 11 2.29%
Dhaval's Ford Fiesta font 0 0%
Acrylic 3D font 1 2 0.42%
Acrylic 3D font 2 3 0.63%
Other (please specify) 10 2.08%
Voters: 480. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2016, 11:54   #46
BHPian

How to safely dispose the Old Number Plates ?

I have changed the Number plates for my Ritz 5 times.

a) Dealer Plates
b) DC Font with Grey background
c) Normal IND plates
d) IND plates with Blue vertical line
e) German Plates - The current one

My question is - How do I safely dispose off the old ones? I keep accumulating the old ones in my garage. I don't consider throwing off the old ones at the Accessories shop as a safe option.
Old 15th November 2016, 11:55   #47

Re: Your favourite number-plate font

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I've had various types of licence plate fonts on various cars at home. From DC type to IND to speedex and apart from these, I have a habit of downloading fonts I like, giving it to my licence plate guy and getting it done using his plotter....
Hi Ajay, can he make an embossed plate using any font we give him? Or is it just a print?
Old 15th November 2016, 12:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayazhajimalang View Post
Hi Ajay, can he make an embossed plate using any font we give him? Or is it just a print?
Unfortunately they don't have the equipment to press plates that way. But they still do it without actually pressing the plate but by using multiple layers. My plates are done that way. The font looks better with the emboss effect. Looks original like how it is on the Californian licence plate.
Old 28th December 2016, 16:45   #49
BHPian

hi Guys,

Can anyone please help me with a good Number plate maker in Mumbai. I am looking to change plates on my WagonR. Looking for German plates and thick black borders

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 29th December 2016, 14:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
hi Guys,

Can anyone please help me with a good Number plate maker in Mumbai. I am looking to change plates on my WagonR. Looking for German plates and thick black borders

Regards
Dieseltuned
Hey mate,

which part of Mumbai do you stay in case you are from western suburbs, I can recommend few number plates guys who have the German font. I have got it done for my bike as well as both the cars
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 17:38   #51
BHPian

I voted for other and my preference is attached. I can't recall the font but every digit and letter have rounded edges.
Attached Thumbnails
Your favourite number-plate font-img_20161229_173542.jpg  

Old 30th December 2016, 10:50   #52
BANNED

I think this discussion is infructuous. Now (thank God) we have a common format, font etc.
Old 9th March 2017, 07:53   #53
BHPian

Guys I could not find a relevant thread to post this question hence posting it here. I have recently purchased a Maruti Celerio. I really liked German font and want to order a number plate with same font. Now my question is that is it safe to order online? Has anyone here ordered a number plate online? Or should I stick to local number plates shops? Hope to hear soon.

Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 09:00   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm a sucker for the DC font.
Spotted this mindblowing DC-font plate. Slightly smaller font, really suited the car:
Your favourite number-plate font-20171013-22.00.45.jpg

Your favourite number-plate font-20171013-22.01.07.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2017 at 10:11.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 16:19   #55
BHPian

Hi can someone recommend number plate maker with different options for fonts in mumbai andheri area.
Old 15th October 2017, 19:57   #56
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Spotted this mindblowing DC-font plate.
Sir, along with this style of plastic plates, now we also get pressed aluminium plates in DC font. I don't like to see the bolts holding the number plate so I use these DC font pressed plates along with the black frame and they look very classy.

One thing I would like to tell all non-mumbaikars is that, this font is called DC font only in Mumbai. The actual name is Euro font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hi can someone recommend number plate maker with different options for fonts in mumbai andheri area.
It's better you come to Sion-Koliwada and buy the number plates. You will get more variety and the rates will be cheaper.

If not then try ordering them online.

Last edited by OSH : 15th October 2017 at 20:04.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this. Traffic police in Bangalore have started to catch people who are sporting varieties of fancy number plates.

Your favourite number-plate font-pv_bc_b_gc23_pg3av1_mr.jpg

The above news came up in a regional newspaper. I could not find relevant article in any national newspaper. Articles says that the police have caught and have fined people for using illegal fonts/number plate designs. The approved type is mentioned in the same image. The front number should be in a single line while the number plate at the rear has to be split into two lines , first line having the state and the RTO number while the second line should have the alphanumeric registration number. This the cops are saying helps in identifying culprits easily in any offense.

They are running such drives against shrill horns, loud silencers, fancy lights too. On one side they provide licenses to all these accessories shop (JC road is a prime spot for all these kind of accessories) and on the other they target the people. I don't understand as to why cant they stop the license for these shops.

Mods, please move this to appropriate thread if needed.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 23rd October 2017 at 12:53.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 13:04   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this. Traffic police in Bangalore have started to catch people who are sporting varieties of fancy number plates.
Two weeks back I was caught by Traffic police near my office for not having a front number plate on my dio. The letters are directly stickered on the paint. The policeman stopped me and told me about the plate. Since I admitted that I was aware that a plate was required, he issued a 100 rupee fine for the same. He also added that if I was not knowing about the same, they would have let me off with an instruction to change the same. However, since my Dio does not come with a mount in the front for number plate, and I would not want to drill holes on the panel, I am leaving it as it is(have not used any fancy font). The numbers are clearly visible and I dont see a need to have a separate plate for the same.

However, my cars are being let go since except for the German font, there is no other anomaly. Happy about that. However I heard rumours of HSRP being introduced in Karnataka and the plates being officially installed at the RTO. Not sure from when.

Last edited by audioholic : 23rd October 2017 at 13:06.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

Sharing the official tweet from police regarding the correct type of number plates to be used. The number design shown near the red hand symbol icon are the correct ones whereas the ones shown on the extreme right with red "x" symbols are the incorrect pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Your favourite number-plate font-dmz7ignvwaepdpf.jpg  

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 23rd October 2017 at 18:53.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 10:48   #60
BHPian

What is the name of the font used in IND plates?

I intend to use it in Photoshop so that I can edit the number plate in my car's photo and write my name in caps instead of the number. How cool is that!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks