Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I was thinking of having one installed on my bonnet hood too...., now whats the take on that..
Well, you can do that and post pics directly to :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...-mod-jobs.html
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

The sun / moon roofs on the SWIFT look cool. Any idea if it can be done on a Scorpio properly. I don't want to be driving with an umbrella open in the Mumbai rains.
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Well, you can do that and post pics directly to :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...-mod-jobs.html

, now that was mean mate, i had seen a honda city last week end at Automoto, with a glass on the hood, it was a fixed one though, and we could see the heart and the branded lungs (K&N) through the glass on the bonnet, was just working a step ahead, to improve the air intake mate.....
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:31   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Another utility of a sunroof:
My i10 once had to go under a cantilevered low balcony of a friend's building and the roof mounted antenna would have snagged while reversing. So i just opened the sunroof, pulled the antenna down with my hand, slotted in R and backed out!!!
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Another utility of a sunroof:
My i10 once had to go under a cantilevered low balcony of a friend's building and the roof mounted antenna would have snagged while reversing. So i just opened the sunroof, pulled the antenna down with my hand, slotted in R and backed out!!!
Great slotting mate..now the utility of the sun roof just seems to increase..
Old 3rd December 2009, 03:06   #36
BHPian

Sunroof on Indian cars

I went to Hyundai showroom to enquire about i20 ASTA(O) and the sales lady is discouraging me on buying the sunroof option. She mentioned about a case of leaking sunroof on new Skoda Octavia. I also saw a similar case on T BHP.

Now I am bit concerned about spending 8.5lakh on ASTA(O), but i would like to have the 6 airbag coming with that.

Cold the owners of sunroof fitted cars shed some light on this? Have you faced any issue with sunroof on Indian cars?
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:43   #37
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont buy that option of car for the sunroof, it is pointless, but do go for it for the airbags. You will never end up using the sunroof. The worry is not leakage in the I10-I20, but in the our kind of conditions one rarely uses it.

The Octavia did have that leakage problem, but the Laura and new superb dont have an issue, on needs to clearn the plenium chamber that drains water from the sunroof via internal ducts every year if one parks below trees which shed leaves, else the clogged chambers tend to overflow water into the car flooring in the monsoon.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:11   #38
BHPian

My old Opel Astra Club was one of the first Indian cars with a OEM sunroof... was actually good fun in Delhi winters. But used (at most) 15-20 days in a year, usually after partying hard

It developed leaks around 2 years after we got it. We had a torrid time fixing it since GM didnt have the spares! I remember using ugly black tape - a real shame on a 10 lakh car.

Frankly I see absolutely no utility in a sunroof - too dusty / noisy / hot in India. But I dont think you will face leakage issues since Hyundai offers pretty good quality & A**.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:50   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Just another excuse by sales persons that this feature is "not suitable for our Indian conditions" This is complete BS !

Sunroofs work perfectly, I have had them on most of my cars. The BMW, Superb and previously even my Accord had one that too aftermarket ! No leaking problems in any of them.

Go for it, you won't have a problem. Even if you do your warranty will cover it. It's a great feature during night drives or when the weather is finneee !
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:09   #40
BHPian

Not Suitable for Indian Conditions ?????

Go for it if you really want to...
i see no reason why the thing should leak or malfunction if its factory fitted; and i am sure it would be covered under warranty too.
Also I dnt appreciate the sales man telling me which feature i need. That descision is mine to make. Utility wise it is pretty limited; but what the heck you can see the full moon and stars from inside the car...

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd December 2009 at 12:28. Reason: Deleting extra smiley. Please use only two smilies per post. We would request you to go through the Rules.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Go for the version with the sunroof. Its the only way you get the airbags so its well worth it. I haven't heard of the i20 having sunroof issues so I wonder why the sales lady said that to you
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, some of the after market sunroofs availabe in the market are of top notch quality.
So, I am sure the OE ones should be good too. Dont let this be a deterrent. Nevertheless even if something arises you can have it rectified/replaced under warranty.
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:20   #43
BHPian

You can also get the sunroof fitted on your car as after market accessory, so why to buy a sunroof at a company showroom as it will be costing almost double than that of the price in market except on the cars which gets sunroof fitted as they are top end variants.
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:40   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Go for it!
Our Octavia has a sunroof and it is a great feature. I have used it several times in Mumbai, during nights.
There was a problem with some older Octavia's sunroof leaking, but it seems to be sorted out now.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:48   #45
BANNED

utter crap. i love the sunroof and would love it in all my cars. i have had one for a year and used it every single day. beat that. its fun. its just that india is late in everything so this feature also came in too late. plus one cannot change indian mentality about leaking sunroofs. i took the plunge and i am damn happy with the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks