Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2015, 15:34   #17491
BHPian

re: Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
....and you missed the Toyota Badge !!
Must be looking like a genuis in the day !!
Yes, I missed it totally! It had a fancy sounding music system and a spoiler which looked out of the place. Sorry for the image quality, the spoiler isn't visible (took this pic on the move from phone camera).
OT: Am no more a newbie. Will be a bhpian now on.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd June 2015 at 15:37. Reason: Formatted Post
kp1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:36   #17492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
Spotted this Maruti 800 with Alto's tail lights. And a fake number plate area on the boot. Had hideous side skirts which were green in colour and bulging out (probably inspired by hulk)
Combine everything. Now, the "Hulkuti Altoyota" is born

Also, there's this "Scorpion" written on it in a weird text and with your (or some other car's) headlight beam blocking out the "S", it looks as if "Corp On" is written on it, indicating he's a Corporate King of sorts. I also noticed the rear bumper where Johnnie Walker is on the right side and is that a Red Colored PAC-MAN on the left chasing Johnnie Walker?

Last edited by vnidta : 3rd June 2015 at 10:37.
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 15:45   #17493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
I guess,this guy saw all seasons of "The Walking Dead" . Back to Back.
But you can drive this SX4 peacefully and on the contrary rick/cabbies will be worried

Last edited by theMAG : 3rd June 2015 at 19:01. Reason: Fixed broken Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:00   #17494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer View Post
Interestingly Ankit, That ride used to be my ride back in 2009 and I quite liked what it used to look like...

...Anyway, a few final words, criticism is toxic, but if that makes you happy, so be it. Hardly matters to me !!

Love your attitude, streetracer!. Bring on more of these DIY mods! Once the gora boys popularize the look, we desis will be drooling all over them!! Think up a good Italian name and sign it - "fatta da corsa su strada Studios". Impressive, no?
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:46   #17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
It indeed is a Ssteeeeem (esteem)

The car was barely hanging on together, one big jolt and it looked like it will fall apart into pieces. It was parked in front of a wall so couldn't get a rear picture.

Nitin, are you serious??
Interestingly Ankit, That ride used to be my ride back in 2009 and I quite liked what it used to look like. Its unfortunate though that our planet is over-populated with critics and thats one reason there is so much hate and unpleasantness everywhere. There is no harm in appreciating something, specially an instance like this where our country India have people who drive cars without a clue of why some people modify cars. Statistically 95% of every car owner in India, looks at how much mileage he's getting from his ride & not what his/her car looks like. So why not positively acknowledge the work of the remaining 5%.

As appalling as you might have made it sound 5.5yrs ago and I did notice this post back then, I held myself back, anyway just for the record, it was'nt hanging by the bolt, in 5.5yrs of my having it, I did trips to practically every mountain retreat many times over, and inspite of its low ground clearance, I was able to do Rohtang twice and turn back mid-way the third time due to the Yoko ES100-treads not making it through the iced incline. Yes, i know, no-body uses v-treads on ice-covered tarmac. But there's no harm giving it a shot !! exactly the same way there's no harm appreciating someone's efforts in getting a car to look like they want it to look. To add to your inaccurate assumptions, the machine plugged through effortless straight runs to Agra, Lucknow, Jaipur and a final 1500km stretch back to CCU sometime in 2012. Anyway, a few final words, criticism is toxic, but if that makes you happy, so be it. Hardly matters to me !!

BTW : Not sure you have that 1.5exi Honda City, coz I too have quite the same piece a 2000yr version - Rolling the streets of Gurgaon in a Blue Angels color theme !!

Attached pic of the esteem back in 2012.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-july-15th-2012.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th June 2015 at 15:52. Reason: Please wait for a moderator to approve your post. And please avoid SMS lingo while posting. Eg. u for you. Thanks!
streetracer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 23:40   #17496
BHPian

Scoop : Sub 4 Meter Range Rover!! Classic example proving that a simple sticker can 'evoque' laughter

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-march-011.jpg
Astraholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 15:48   #17497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer View Post
Interestingly Ankit, That ride used to be my ride back in 2009 and I quite liked what it used to look like. Its unfortunate though that our planet is over-populated with critics and thats one reason there is so much hate and unpleasantness everywhere. There is no harm in appreciating something, specially an instance like this where our country India have people who drive cars without a clue of why some people modify cars. Statistically 95% of every car owner in India, looks at how much mileage he's getting from his ride & not what his/her car looks like. So why not positively acknowledge the work of the remaining 5%.

As appalling as you might have made it sound 5.5yrs ago and I did notice this post back then, I held myself back, anyway just for the record, it was'nt hanging by the bolt, in 5.5yrs of my having it, I did trips to practically every mountain retreat many times over, and inspite of its low ground clearance, I was able to do Rohtang twice and turn back mid-way the third time due to the Yoko ES100-treads not making it through the iced incline. Yes, i know, no-body uses v-treads on ice-covered tarmac. But there's no harm giving it a shot !! exactly the same way there's no harm appreciating someone's efforts in getting a car to look like they want it to look. To add to your inaccurate assumptions, the machine plugged through effortless straight runs to Agra, Lucknow, Jaipur and a final 1500km stretch back to CCU sometime in 2012. Anyway, a few final words, criticism is toxic, but if that makes you happy, so be it. Hardly matters to me !!

BTW : Not sure u have that 1.5exi Honda City, coz I too have quite the same piece a 2000yr version - Rolling the streets of Gurgaon in a Blue Angels color theme !!

Attached pic of the esteem back in 2012.
While you took the pains to write so much about the hill station and straight line trips that the car has done, let me remind you, all that this thread talks about is the physical aspect of a car which one may find 'weird' or 'wacky'. It may just be a super car that sells for crores but some cosmetic changes make things look plain simple weird, that's all.
Also, it may never have been hanging by a bolt but it clearly "LOOKED" that way, construction wise, huge gaps et all, there is a difference - who said anything about hate or unpleasantness? Perhaps you came across too many critics and you've taken it too much to heart!?

Not wanting to make anything sound appalling even now but pushing back on a 5.5 year old post won't make a difference, but if that makes you happy, so be it. Hardly matters to me too!!

Yes, I still have the 1.5Exi. Do share a picture of your OHC in Blue Angels colour scheme - promise I will like it
Old 4th June 2015, 21:45   #17498
BHPian

Let's hope it's the rick that they modified and not the Ritz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
No words. Absolutely none.

Attachment 1369958

Source: Whatsapp forward.
Elegant Pig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 23:29   #17499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Pig View Post
Let's hope it's the rick that they modified and not the Ritz!
Doff of the hat to you sir!
Or maybe modifying a rick is too mainstream?
Old 5th June 2015, 17:40   #17500
BHPian

How to ruin a gypsy? See below!

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-ugly_gypsy_1.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-ugly_gypsy_2.jpg

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-ugly_gypsy_3.jpg

Source: Facebook

Last edited by PreethamB : 5th June 2015 at 17:41.
Old 5th June 2015, 18:28   #17501
BHPian

He has no taste in modification , he ruined a nice looking gypsy. Weird and wonderful people in this world. He tried to make it a safari
Old 6th June 2015, 05:28   #17502
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

A weird and wacky matte yellow Audi Q7 with a low body kit, a complete oddball !
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dscn4498.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dscn4499.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dscn4500.jpg  

//M is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 09:31   #17503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
A weird and wacky matte yellow Audi Q7 with a low body kit, a complete oddball !

Also weird is that someone thought it fit to park it on what looks like a garbage heap :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Rajeev1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 10:56   #17504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamB View Post
How to ruin a gypsy? See below!

Attachment 1378658

Attachment 1378659

Attachment 1378660

Source: Facebook
Looks like one of those vehicles that used to be churned out of DC's mod shop back in the day. I remember that they'd used stacked rectangle headlights as a variation to the same type of monstrosity.

Back then, it was either that or strange car-like custom body (with mixed and matched parts) plonked on a Gypsy chassis. Remember the car that SRK drove in Dil to Pagal Hai?
Old 6th June 2015, 11:30   #17505
BHPian

Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Whoever did it couldn't even spare the wheel hub caps. Had to have the yellow dot on those otherwise good looking black wheels! Work seems neat but choice of mods and colour is as if it was done for some movie. Totally over done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks