Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 20:52   #3031
Senior - BHPian

After looking at so many mod's gone horribly wrong i think it's justified we ask the mod's for a puking smiley. what say guys? The blue esteem was a total disaster. He could have rather set fire to it. The paint finish seems to be good but thats it.
Old 11th September 2007, 21:19   #3032
BHPian

Yes Busa i stand corrected for 2 things...First, i mant it was a 360 Modena and 2nd id its based on a Tata Estate.

RoadnTrack i am myself an aspiring designer and know what it goes in making a dream come to reality.But then there are views and opinions of different people and also to let you know that these road side customisers have no clue about the wheels and tyre combo, paint job quality and various things..When people see strobes in my locality on my car and the exhaust sound they feel something really new and keep staring at it..these local guys cannot afford it.I hope you understood what i meant to say or they just end up doing something wierd.For example the 360 Modena wannabe is running on 5 spoke alloys and 70 profile tyre which are meant for an family sedan then he has got twin mufflers which look like a hand water shower outlet..Now what would you call this....No offence bro..Just wanted to put my 1 cent.

Niki

Last edited by nikibusa : 11th September 2007 at 21:22.
Old 12th September 2007, 00:34   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadntrack View Post
what i noticed while reading all ur messages and reply, this seems to be a joint for talking jokes abt modds, show courtesy for people who atleast try, other than just chit chat. think abt how u could do one of these, then u decide to crack a joke, sorry no hard feelings.
I don't think there is anything wrong in calling rubbish rubbish. Critique is reserved for things that are done with a passion but may not be to everyone's liking. But some mods are done just for the sake of doing it, or to stand out in the crowd and they end up looking rubbish. That is what weird and whacky means.

I do agree that not all pics posted in this thread are rubbish, but then different people have different opinions.
Old 12th September 2007, 01:45   #3034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
After looking at so many mod's gone horribly wrong i think it's justified we ask the mod's for a puking smiley. what say guys? The blue esteem was a total disaster. He could have rather set fire to it. The paint finish seems to be good but thats it.

i would say the car is a complete disaster including the paint job. i mean what funny colour is that fuys.. thats the funniest car ever seen. who gets idea to make such kinda mods

Last edited by kick.throttle : 12th September 2007 at 01:48.
Old 12th September 2007, 07:39   #3035
BHPian

The indica seems to be begging for attention but the Esteem holy c***. Thas is definitely not an 118Ne as the car would be even low and the chassis is no way resembling a 118. That looks like a supercar tooo hot to touch.
Both the 118NE and the Esteem are perfectly normal "CARS" donno y people want to reveal the crappiness in its whole to the world outside.
Old 12th September 2007, 15:13   #3036
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Chrome plating is electroplating an artifact with Nickel and then depositing a ten micron layer of Chromium on it.

But guys, don't you think chrome-plating an entire car is a pretty wild and wacko thing to do?

Can any expert global traveler identify for us, the place (as in city and country) where this pic was taken?

Ram
Old 12th September 2007, 15:34   #3037
Senior - BHPian

I have seen that photo of chrome benz in a forward. It was done in germany.
Old 12th September 2007, 16:30   #3038
Team-BHP Support

Ram I feel this image is digital with effects. See the building to the north of the street to know what I mean to say.
Old 12th September 2007, 16:40   #3039
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Can any expert global traveler identify for us, the place (as in city and country) where this pic was taken?

Ram
Not a global traveller, but that is easily recognisable as the Guggenheim in Bilbao
Old 12th September 2007, 23:01   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Chrome plating is electroplating an artifact with Nickel and then depositing a ten micron layer of Chromium on it.

But guys, don't you think chrome-plating an entire car is a pretty wild and wacko thing to do?

Ram
I do not know which place it is, but one whacko dubai sheik has an entire fleet of chrome plated cars and all of them came that way from factory and not after market. The pictures I have seen are Audi A6 or A8 in front of his massive palace. The rest of his cars are all white (Rolls and Bentleys).

Added Later:

Correction, the are not chrome plated, but a special technique used to polish the car to look like chrome.

Last edited by Mayavi : 12th September 2007 at 23:05.
Old 12th September 2007, 23:02   #3041
BHPian

Here, found a picture on net

Old 12th September 2007, 23:05   #3042
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Yes indeed it is in Spain in the North coastal city of Bilbao, in front of the famous Guggenheim art museum.

The northbound one-way street, where the chrome Merc stands is Iparragirre Kalea, leading to the Guggenheim.
You can see the 43' Puppy, made of flowers by Jeff Koons. A Volvo B7R bus is about 43' long, so the "Puppy" is as tall as the B7R would be, if stood on its face. The Puppy is a topiary sculpture (remember Edward Scissorhands?)

Part of Rajnikant's Rs. 90 crore Tamil movie, "Sivaji: The Boss (2007) was shot there.

Ram

Last edited by Ram : 12th September 2007 at 23:08.
Old 12th September 2007, 23:06   #3043
BHPian

Whacky? May be but I would kill to own this.

Last edited by Mayavi : 12th September 2007 at 23:07.
Old 12th September 2007, 23:29   #3044
BHPian

i love to own this too even if it is wacky
Old 13th September 2007, 00:15   #3045
Senior - BHPian

Guys i dont know about the actual chrome plating of the panels or the whole car. This looks like a chrome paint job. see this car which has undergone a chrome paint job. Ok so this may not look exactly as the ones you have posted but then those may have been done with some special process not available in India.
See the chrome plated car in India. Think the owner took a cue from the same pics

This is the liknky where the above car was posted.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...tml#post415015

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks