Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:16   #7261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
And it totally pointless.First one should have a performance tuned car and then think about visual mods like aerodynamic packages and wide body kits with fatter rubber and bigger rims.
Few days back i saw a Burnt Orange Lancer with a black hood, A carbon finish GT-spoiler,wide body,skirtings and stuff.I was waiting for a friend after parking my car next to it.The finish and all was good,it had sparco seats(atleast seemed to be),i guess the guy noticed me checking his car out,or maybe he saw teambhp and k&n stickers on the door of my car n thought of me to be from some streetracing group,he asked whether i would race,dont know why i said no,and he was like "You scared of my car??",I got a little pissed off,told him to follow,rolled up my windows and headed to stretch that is usually empty,he was around 10 metres behind me and i could hear a distinct,weird kind of exhaust note. When we were finally lining up for a drag did i find out it was a Diesel lancer!! With some cheap looking end can, I had a huge grin plastered on my face as i shot off and needless to say i didnt had to try hard to outrun him.And by the time he finished i was standing by my car,already called the friend and told i will be there in few minutes,and that guy was almost about to cry,He was like "Bhai,i spent 95000rs. on the car,look at that sexy spoiler and yet you were so fast,is your car turbocharged? I had no choice but to say a polite no and did not had the heart to tell the poor guy about how sticking a spoiler doesnt help going any faster. Had a great laugh later that day,Man he could had easily afforded a pete's kit and a sports exhaust,n lancer always looks stuning even without the mods,and on top of all he thought he could beat a 96bhp petrol sedan with that stock diesel just b'cuz he had a spoiler!!
Hehe!! nice story...these guys just mod thier rides for the street cred! tasteless and without the passion!!
Old 24th March 2009, 07:23   #7262

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
And it totally pointless.First one should have a performance tuned car and then think about visual mods like aerodynamic packages and wide body kits with fatter rubber and bigger rims.
Few days back i saw a Burnt Orange Lancer with a black hood, A carbon finish GT-spoiler,wide body,skirtings and stuff.I was waiting for a friend after parking my car next to it.The finish and all was good,it had sparco seats(atleast seemed to be),i guess the guy noticed me checking his car out,or maybe he saw teambhp and k&n stickers on the door of my car n thought of me to be from some streetracing group,he asked whether i would race,dont know why i said no,and he was like "You scared of my car??",I got a little pissed off,told him to follow,rolled up my windows and headed to stretch that is usually empty,he was around 10 metres behind me and i could hear a distinct,weird kind of exhaust note. When we were finally lining up for a drag did i find out it was a Diesel lancer!! With some cheap looking end can, I had a huge grin plastered on my face as i shot off and needless to say i didnt had to try hard to outrun him.And by the time he finished i was standing by my car,already called the friend and told i will be there in few minutes,and that guy was almost about to cry,He was like "Bhai,i spent 95000rs. on the car,look at that sexy spoiler and yet you were so fast,is your car turbocharged? I had no choice but to say a polite no and did not had the heart to tell the poor guy about how sticking a spoiler doesnt help going any faster. Had a great laugh later that day,Man he could had easily afforded a pete's kit and a sports exhaust,n lancer always looks stuning even without the mods,and on top of all he thought he could beat a 96bhp petrol sedan with that stock diesel just b'cuz he had a spoiler!!

Haha! That is absolutely hilarious. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while. Poor guy doesn't know that spoilers can actually slow you down. Oh man you should have asked him if he had put a "free flow exhaust on his car". I doubt he would know that they cannot be done on diesels and said yes.
Old 24th March 2009, 14:52   #7263
BHPian

This has to be my favourite thread on team-bhp.

I've been taking it easy, few pages at a time and each time i'm left laughing so hard tears come out of the eyes.

Or maybe thats just me crying because of the crappy mods.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:18   #7264

I dont know why they do it.

Look at this.
Its not as bad but the rims were ugly. Too shiny for the colour and eek those extras on the bumber are bad.

Old 24th March 2009, 17:34   #7265
Senior - BHPian

The Ajanta plate on the Swift is hilarious.May be sculpture feel off somewhere !!!!!!!!
Old 24th March 2009, 20:27   #7266
BHPian

new karizma with some stickering on the headlight.

some bike with diff parts. bullet fenders, seat and apache dome

and a swift with a sad look.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-24032009485.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-24032009488.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-24032009484.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-24032009481.jpg  

Old 24th March 2009, 23:06   #7267
BHPian

the bumpers on the red swift look hideous.
Old 24th March 2009, 23:21   #7268
Senior - BHPian

thats swift has a very anime ish look
Old 25th March 2009, 00:37   #7269
BHPian

A friend shared this on mail. Somebody liked the DC S, but couldnt afford one, instead headed straight to chameleon and got his lancer dressed up like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-wierd-lancer.jpeg  

nikibusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2009, 12:01   #7270
BHPian

Till date I had never seen rail roofs on a Maruti Esteem...that was until I saw this car. These things really look out of place.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-21032009001.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-21032009002.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-21032009.jpg  

Old 25th March 2009, 19:33   #7271
Senior - BHPian

The yellow lancer looks like a wannabe Elise/Exige.
Old 26th March 2009, 20:54   #7272
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Lime green Cielo with a weird luggage carrier.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dsc01087.jpg  

Old 26th March 2009, 22:36   #7273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
A friend shared this on mail. Somebody liked the DC S, but couldnt afford one, instead headed straight to chameleon and got his lancer dressed up like this.
chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Spotted this Lime green Cielo with a weird luggage carrier.
faithy this type of spoiler are pretty common these,people have some taste.
Old 26th March 2009, 22:40   #7274
BHPian

The lamps on the Lancer is certainly an overkill. Why is the driver side wiper missing on it
Old 27th March 2009, 02:07   #7275
BHPian

I think so ppl forgot they are using a sedan whish has a boot or they cary too much lugage when they travel lol.........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks